New guys using the wrong plane

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #21 Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1453 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I have used my A-26 as a very heavy fighter on more than one occasion.  Blowing up heavy fighters and Spitfires is a guilty pleasure.  Light them up coming in, switch to turret flying away, and BOOM.

Captain_Underpants53 #22 Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12557 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostPrenzlau, on 09 October 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

What you should do is call in another bombing expert to answer the question, since your baffled by this quandary. I'm all to glad to help. It is possible that whom ever was using their bomber as a "extra heavy fighter" might have been trying to fulfill the requirement to specialize that plane by needing turret kills. I sometimes when we have superiority (which happens a lot) on the other team I fly down to the deck and help out, get some turret kills if I need them. 

I think a skilled bomber can do both of course, bomb targets and get turret kills. On the other hand, maybe this is just somebody dabbling with their plane and seeing how it holds up to low altitude fire from other planes. There are some interesting possibilities. If this person was not effective for their team, then they of course are guilty of dereliction of duty. 

I would also suggest that in addition to the A-26B, the Russian PE bombers can also moonlight as heavy fighters, and of could the RB-17 is a flying fortress in and of itself. (At least the way I fly it ~ Wink)

It is good to see you are policing the bombing community Underpants, keep up the good work!

Prenzlau

No, I am only trying to get the new guys to think Primary Mission first.  But your sarcasm is duly noted and appreciated for what it is worth.  And that game was a hopeless loss for the red team.  He could have made a difference.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 09 October 2018 - 07:05 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12557 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
:child:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

comealong1 #24 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2659 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
ATTENTION: The plane types and descriptions on the tech tree page far right tab!.. I was mistaken it is still there.

Edited by comealong1, 10 October 2018 - 10:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users