Help Perspective Understanding

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #21 Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:45 AM

Captain

• 784 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 04 October 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

Fair enough. It is not everyday that someone serenades you with idioms! 

Until next time....

Prenzlau

everyone knows you steal my premises

yet I never get bylines

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Deltavee #22 Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1321 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 02 October 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

When I mention perspective, what I am really talking about is how a person views something. This sounds much like perception, and it is similar but it is also different. A person's attitude, belief system, moral values, any preconceived ideas or opinions, can modify and influence their perspective. It is not enough to simply be aware of your current or situational perspective, a person is also responsible for understanding why they have a certain perspective. It is possible to misjudge and misunderstand people and situations and not understand why. It might be helpful to focus on some techniques to gain additional perspective. 

Gaining information always enhances a person's perspective. Taking an interest and pursuing knowledge about a subject or person certainly adds to a perspective. Discovering new and different ways and methods that are used by other people.

Seeking out your quiet time or immersing yourself into a focused activity. Quiet contemplation allows your creative side to flow and often this leads to self analysis or reflection. Sometimes just watching the clouds, or a river, or the star lit night sky can provide spontaneous perspective. Also, a focused and repetitious exercise or task can allow the creative conscious to flow free. When the sub conscious takes over (whatever we are doing) the conscious mind is free to roam. 

Understanding our emotional flash points and negative psychological reflexes can help us avoid negative reactions and negative behaviors. We all have certain "wired" pathways in our personalities that accelerate reactions and often bypass our higher thinking. Thus we react "without" thinking and often cause harm to others and embarrassment for ourselves. Self reflection and attempts to understand these pathways can change an individual's perspective.

All people to various degrees have complex attitudes that are emotionally based. A lot of time an attitude is a composite of many things. This can lead to seemingly unreasonable and illogical positions. This can also create misjudgement and flawed decision making. Breaking down attitudes and understanding there complex components is not very easy. The process itself can be the first step towards gaining a new perspective. 

Trying to understand someone else's situation, their behavior and using some empathy can allow you to gain a new perspective. Sometimes it takes reaching out and making an effort. Bridging a gap and finding some common ground. Building trust and friendship paves the way for new perspectives and understandings.

Understanding and appreciating the moment. Realizing that life is nothing more than moments, memories and events strung together. Each moment is an opportunity to make changes and take action. Understanding what you can control and what you cannot can help mold better expectations and again create better perspectives. 

If some of any of these ideas on perspective can help anyone then I will be personally gratified. This is helping with my perspective as a player, a member of the warplanes community and forum contributor. It is an attempt to contribute something positive and constructive without my usual self-aggrandizing. I hope my readers will consider this and speculate. 

Prenzlau

This is a most pleasing post from the forum "bad boy", if I may take the liberty of using that term.  It is not meant to be pejorative. 

Prenzlau, this expression of positivity without flash or drama is most welcome and is all the more effective for the lack of extravagance or bombast.  Contrast can be most effective.  And it is paragraphed!  I had to turn away for a moment.

If I may presume to offer one thing, it would be to include the formative results of the cultural pressures placed on one as one progresses through life, from one's formative years (especially) to one's present being; family; school; religion; peer pressure; advertising...things one normally doesn't push back against because they are so ingrained, so much a part of the fibre of one's being and experiences that one is not even aware they were/are meant to manipulate you.  Look in there when, without thinking, one pulses a reaction at someone or some thing or snaps a judgement into place.  There's always a reason.  We learn all these things, no-one is born with them.  It is interesting to note that there are only two things you bring with you out of your childhood unchanged...your laugh, and your sneeze.

Looking at all the good things Prenzlau posted above through the lens of how you were formed for better or worse while arriving at this present state will be quite self-revealing and ultimately educational to your self. You're the one person you can't escape living with, so you might as well understand the how and why and the motives of who and what formed you and learn to assess, then deal with it all, both negative and positive and ultimately realize that living comfortably in your own skin can be quite pleasurable as well as beneficial to to yourself and those around you.

Well said, Prenzlau!

Edited by Deltavee, 08 October 2018 - 05:20 AM.

Deltavee

GAA drivers do it in the dirt.

trikke #23 Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
great post, Prenz!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Prenzlau #24 Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6733 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 10 October 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

great post, Prenz!

You have always been a great personality in the forums and a good friend. We should have a "Trikke Day" sometime in appreciation for you. Your not a trouble maker like I am, and you always have optimistic and positive things to say, except when you talk about yourself. The truth is your not as bad a pilot as you think, I know because I have seen you in action. 

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

trikke #25 Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

ty man...   you'll always be a favorite read!    i cannot tell you how much easier it is to read your posts lately 

pls keep me in line?      pm me if i get snarky?

i will still hunt you guys, because it's pointless to be on the red team against you without watching you guys closely... but there's really very little that i can do to stop you!

hey brother Zig...  one of the most fun pilots in the game!       bontemps, brother! 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Prenzlau #26 Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:26 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6733 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 10 October 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

ty man...   you'll always be a favorite read!    i cannot tell you how much easier it is to read your posts lately 

pls keep me in line?      pm me if i get snarky?

i will still hunt you guys, because it's pointless to be on the red team against you without watching you guys closely... but there's really very little that i can do to stop you!

hey brother Zig...  one of the most fun pilots in the game!       bontemps, brother! 

It will take much more than tough talk on my part to stop people from shooting me down and it is always a good idea to have a good strategy in battle and sometimes that means attacking the bombers.

It is a tactical decision that I see a lot of players getting wrong. The time it takes to gain altitude and then shoot down a bomber that is actively defending itself can take large chunks of the battle time wise. Here is the reality. You (anyone) are in a heavy fighter, you see me in a bomber near my ceiling, it takes your boost and then some to get within range for you to even shoot at me, then you realize I am firing back, your engine or your pilot might get hit, you keep trying to get after me, some shots hit, others miss, the time it is taking starts to add up, finally through effort and determination you shoot my bomber down. I re-spawn and might very well be closer to a cap that needs bombing or I'm now on the other side of the map. In the meantime, you have one bomber kill and you took many minutes getting it. What could you have been doing instead that would have helped your team more? One bomber kill versus maybe 5 or 6 kills of enemy planes? I re-spawn right away and in a short period of time I am right back bombing again. Can you see what I am saying? I see so many players wasting their time, for one kill when they could be doing so much more to help their team. It is a tough quandary, because the common thought is stop the skilled bomber and that will help your team, it all depends on how much time and effort you have to expend for whether it is worth it or not time wise.

Some tactical thought for anyone to read.

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

Also tagged with Help, Perspective, Understanding

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users