Crazy idea.

pilot skills gunner skills skills

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #1 Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
If we are allowed to buy our way to plane specialization, why can't we buy pilot/crew skills, too?  we are often rewarded during events with planes and parts and good and XP and, and, and - why not pilots with lots of skill points to spend, or just plain old skill points?  You fly the pilot in a plane during an event, and if you meet the reward conditions, your pilot(s) get skill point(s).  Or, you buy the skill points with tokens, or gold.

Reitousair #2 Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7429 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Gold for XP-FXP conversion.

FXP is a somewhat common reward in lootboxes (when it's not the 2.0.5 fiasco) so you can technically buy the stuff at certain times, like tokens

ez pilot skills would break the (frankly, horrendous) grind to get them. Do you know how long it takes to even reach a 10-point pilot? Literally MILLIONS of XP, which can take well over two months without special missions/events/FXP

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Prenzlau #3 Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

• 6772 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 26 September 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

If we are allowed to buy our way to plane specialization, why can't we buy pilot/crew skills, too?  we are often rewarded during events with planes and parts and good and XP and, and, and - why not pilots with lots of skill points to spend, or just plain old skill points?  You fly the pilot in a plane during an event, and if you meet the reward conditions, your pilot(s) get skill point(s).  Or, you buy the skill points with tokens, or gold.

I guess I see two things here. On one hand they have offered packages where you get a premium plane, a skilled pilot and possibly gunner, and maybe some gold or premium time. If I am not mistaken they were offering pilots in some of the higher tier packages up to 9 skill points, like for the Goblin. So while that is not buy your own skill points, it is still a big leap getting skilled pilots without the grind. For the record, I did not like the idea because all the players that have put in the grind as Reitousair keenly pointed out that took a great deal of time and effort deserved the advantage of their skilled pilots. There is no earned advantage when anyone can just buy a higher skilled pilot. As many others have stated and pointed out, the veterans of this game who have over a long period of time playing and in most cases paying do not see much advantages from the game. 

On the other hand, War Gaming has shown a propensity toward selling things for those willing to pay. Of course this falls in line with any "pay to play" game. So from a business angle, I would not be surprised if we see pilots in the premium shop soon for sale. I think also one of the items War Gaming is missing out on is selling custom paints. Players like a personal touch when it comes to their planes, and things like unique paints and emblems would be big sellers. I know some players make their own custom skins, but if I'm not mistaken, the other players cannot see these skins, right? It has to be in the game itself for everyone to view? 

As for the idea being crazy, I think not. The whole purpose is to get us the customers to ultimately spend our money and give it to them. Players in general do not like costly and endless grinds, so it is always tempting to pay for the short cuts. So crazy is just a point of view. 

A true crazy idea would be to suggest having "A Prenzlau Day" in the forums. Oh, I'm sorry, that is every day anyways. Crazy then would have to be even greater than that.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 26 September 2018 - 07:18 PM.

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14538 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
I have seen two Goblins in the last couple weeks that were attempting to ground pound for the entire match.  Maybe premium planes ain't such a good idea (but profitable).
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Martymart1976 #5 Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4397 battles
  • [FK] FK

New to World of Warplanes....the Super secret Prenzlau bomber, that was only a dream that Hermann Goering had on 13 October 1943!  Devastate your opponents!  Leave them aghast with shock and awe as you flip caps at low altitude in seconds!  Your bomber will rain bombs with its 10 second reload and your bomber come with " Deadeye [edited]", that infamous 12 point aerial gunner who never misses!  ( Friend, this was said in good fun! Your bombing runs are the stuff of legends!  ) 

-Marty

Prenzlau #6 Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:41 AM

• 6772 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMartymart1976, on 26 September 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

New to World of Warplanes....the Super secret Prenzlau bomber, that was only a dream that Hermann Goering had on 13 October 1943!  Devastate your opponents!  Leave them aghast with shock and awe as you flip caps at low altitude in seconds!  Your bomber will rain bombs with its 10 second reload and your bomber come with " Deadeye [edited]", that infamous 12 point aerial gunner who never misses!  ( Friend, this was said in good fun! Your bombing runs are the stuff of legends!  ) 

-Marty

Thanks. Ironically, your description is not too far from the past reality flying the RB-17. I do have an 11 point gunner on that plane, so you were not far from that truth. I would like a super secret bomber. As always, I appreciate your sentiments.

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

Also tagged with pilot skills, gunner skills, skills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users