• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Cenotaph #21 Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostReitousair, on 25 September 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

Hmm, this might be a crit from a "ghost bullet" as they're called. Which is a random hit from AA, usually for 1-5 damage which has a chance of critting you. Maybe you got critted by a ghost bullet and it counted it as critting yourself?

That is a very real possibility...
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Deltavee #22 Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 819 battles

View PostReitousair, on 25 September 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

Hmm, this might be a crit from a "ghost bullet" as they're called. Which is a random hit from AA, usually for 1-5 damage which has a chance of critting you. Maybe you got critted by a ghost bullet and it counted it as critting yourself?

I can certainly accept the possibility of a random hit by flak since that's part of the nature of the beast but I can't figure out how the game software would count it as me shooting myself in a game that rigourously collects and uses such information for player stats and game results.  If I stood out on the wing and shot the engine with a pistol, maybe I could comprehend it, but aside from that, no.  Perhaps, as Captain Underpants suggested, it's a new "feature."  Or maybe somewhere in the millions of lines of code, two bytes are giggling to themselves....

Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone else, or themselves for that matter?  If it's a one-off, it's a pretty good one!

Deltavee

GAA drivers do it in the dirt.

SonicPariah #23 Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostDeltavee, on 24 September 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

With the new Logitech joystick I'm just getting used to, I've inadvertantly tried boring holes in a few mountains and an airfield, but not in this particular battle and no, no bomblasting of self either.  I'm stumped.

Hmm, those were definitely my thoughts as well. Let me see if I can dig anything up.

View PostDeltavee, on 24 September 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

You can win planes?  OK, this I have to investigate since WoWP will never ever see another cent from me.

Cosmo was there in chat when I popped in.

Got a whole lot of new to learn.  This is good. 

Going to put the Yammie up for the winter soon, so the timing is perfect for a retired soul like myself.

Thanks for this, Cenotaph.

Lots of fun stuff on the Friday Streams! Feel free to join us! :D

Greg_Pattinson #24 Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6932 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostSonicPariah, on 25 September 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Lots of fun stuff on the Friday Streams! Feel free to join us! :D

wait what's this about winning and where do I find this twitch? I saw the one about the Russian bombers only because it was in the main game launcher news and I just followed the link.  They said there was supposed to be a giveaway but there never was and I haven't watched one since.  I would love to get a free xp58.  Is this a giveaway that everybody gets for watching or is it some sort of contest that you have to win?  I did the IRL contest and didn't get my bonus code for that either.  So again how do I find it and how do I win?

Bobby_Tables #25 Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3589 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
You all are making me want to go to my nearby Best Buy and make them pull the 3 year old Logitech 3D off the dusty high shelf.  Then again, I have been through 3 so far and they just don't hold up to daily use.  I guess they were designed for flight simulators and not this stuff.  I had the most fun playing with a joystick but just not willing to invest yet again.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users