crew xp question???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Greg_Pattinson #1 Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7003 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

with all the bonuses to crew xp this weekend I would like to make the most of it.  I already know premium time and premium planes give bonuses but my question is what I should be doing in a battle?  What effects xp and how is it calculated?  should I be going for personal points, capture points, sectors captured, aircraft grade, or achievements?  What about stuff like ramming attacks, avenger, etc?   should I be going for number of aerial targets destroyed or damage to aerial targets?  I could target bombers or heavies with a lot of hit points remaining or light fighters that are almost dead already.  For ground targets should I be going for most sections destroyed or number of ground targets destroyed?  Does me dying effect xp in any way?  

Basically what I want to do is train 1 or 2 pilots this weekend and maybe get a few other daily 3x.  I have all the premium female pilots and the US girl Is at 9 skill points now. My plan right now is that  I was going to use her to fly all my US premium planes to get the 3x and then just grind away in the a26 so I get points for her and the gunner unless anybody has a better suggestion.  I might do a few other daily 3x if I get bored but I have over 60 hangar slots and I would rather have a few really good pilots than just a lot of mediocre ones.  I'm partial to US planes and spend 40% of my time flying them.  I have 17 US planes right now (6 are premium) and the pilots skill points are as follows 10,9,9,9,9,8,6,4,4,4,3,2,1,0,0,0,0  If anyone has any suggestions on how to make the most of this weekend please let me know.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:27 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

Aim for personal points, enemy plane kills, ground kills, air assists, ADA kills, and any minor achievements that show in the box at upper right (rear gun, rocket, bomb, and ram kills, and Avenger). In other words, do things that get that upper right box to pop up.

You need to respawn to refresh your gain. You may notice boxes appearing on the top right showing a filling bar of what you have achieved so far in that sortie (life). When the corresponding bar fills up you will no longer gain EXP from that action no matter how much you keep going for it. The aforementioned actions that are not achievements have a cap to EXP gain, and it is a diminishing return (the first time the bar tick you gain a chunk and you gain a decreasing amount that adds to your total every time the bar is updated)

When you dig deep, you realize that the EXP system is perverted...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Xr901 #3 Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3253 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Yeah, flying the same pilot in multiple planes for the x2 or x3 bonus every day is effective, I've done that with 3 of my spit pilots in the  premium spit (later both of them), the boomerang, the hurricane 2D, the meteor, the seafang, and the mustang 1a. Although I've stopped doing it every day since they got to 10 points. Gets harder when they are different plane types.

It'll go slower if you're training the crew of a 2 seater as only one of the crew members will get the expedited crew training in a given battle. Something to keep in mind if you specifically want to train up a pilot.

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:10 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12591 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
I think (don't absolutely know) that it boils down to doing what your plane does best.  Bombers taking ground targets, fighters shooting down planes, etc.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users