Clans

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SFMF8084 #1 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Airman Basic

• 484 battles
What are the advantage of being in a clan? Received a few invites was just wondering.

Reitousair #2 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7422 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Overall, none, there is no competitive scene here.

However, they can help you find people to chat with and form flights with, or even learn from. They're social groups here in WoWp, not like WoT or WoWs which are competitive groups usually.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Martymart1976 #3 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4397 battles
  • [FK] FK

Clans bring a social aspect to the game.  If you use Teamspeak or Discord you can flight up and have a good time with other pilots.  Also, a lot of these guys in clans are amazing pilots who will share tips and tricks with other pilots.  Some clans train amongst themselves and have scrimmages.  Although it isn't mandatory to be in a clan, I find I get more enjoyment out of the game flying with others in my clan...another good aspect- if you put out a call looking for a wingman, 99 times out of 100 somebody rogers up to flight up with you....Good luck picking a clan!  Fly with some of the guys first before joining up with them to see if you guys get along well.  Some clans have entry requirements such as fly 5 times a week, have a certain % win ratio, or have voice comms.  Check out their requirements first to see if you qualify....Clans are fun, I have some good flying buddies in mine...good luck!

Cenotaph #4 Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

As previously mentioned, clans are nothing more than a social scene... at the moment.

This is despite players continuously asking that meaningful content for clans be added... for literally years...

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14373 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostCenotaph, on 20 September 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

As previously mentioned, clans are nothing more than a social scene... at the moment.

This is despite players continuously asking that meaningful content for clans be added... for literally years...

If you are somewhat anti-social, like me, they don't offer much at this time other than valuable information.  Especially for newcomers.  The Flying Knights were especially forthcoming with info.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

Captain

• 784 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

if you get in with the wrong clan, well

then some other clan will think poorly of you if you offend one of their clan mates

then you'll get called out in a thread about how they don't like you

then you call out how you think poorly of them

then the thread will get closed down by The Sonic Master P

then this time you'll be driving down the road thinking of a perfect burn

then you'll get home and start a new thread using the burn you thought of...

and the other clan will speak poorly of you and others will get involved just for fun

then your thread will derail for about two pages...

and on and on and on

it's great...

join a clan

:facepalm:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Noreaga #7 Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:40 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 20 September 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

if you get in with the wrong clan, well

then some other clan will think poorly of you if you offend one of their clan mates

then you'll get called out in a thread about how they don't like you

then you call out how you think poorly of them

then the thread will get closed down by The Sonic Master P

then this time you'll be driving down the road thinking of a perfect burn

then you'll get home and start a new thread using the burn you thought of...

and the other clan will speak poorly of you and others will get involved just for fun

then your thread will derail for about two pages...

and on and on and on

it's great...

join a clan

:facepalm:

its 5 years here in a nutshell, minus the occasional forum drama when Community Clan Wars would be running.

Nimis obnoxii curare

trikke #8 Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2549 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i think clans are a great source of hints and tips about surviving and being productive 

try a couple, then stay with the one that feels comfortable       introduce yourself to everyone, because you never know who might be a perfect fit for a flight partner 

oh, and get an inexpensive headset     make sure that you've got teamspeak and/or discord working on your pc, because no flight partner can type fast enough during a battle     

offer to help with expenses, because there are some clan costs and teamspeak costs, maybe discord too?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users