• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Noreaga #1 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

hello Flyers of WOWP,

I was cleaning out my WOWP folders, and i found an old template for a crossover tournament i was working on. I obviously gave up putting more of my time into this game, maybe there is someone that wants to take this on! 

notes: 

This is a really really big idea, and the logistics of it are...painful. it might make sense to test each individual mode as its own test tournament (partial participation) then merge the 3 for a big event.

There might be some notes that don't make sense, but i was planning on using the rules and template from a major tournament i used to run for athletics. 

I saw a lot of parallels between athletics event management and E sports event management and thought more lessons needed learned from those who came before us. 

ladders will need serious thought 

This is really really conceptual, it would have gone through at least 10 versions before i would have presented it anyone for feedback.

Spoiler

now, i am not willing to put time into this, but i will gladly bounce ideas back and forth.

all the best,

nor 

Nimis obnoxii curare

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

WOWP 2.0 is not at all suitable for E-sports for the following reasons:

1. auto-aim is turned up to high

2. bots are too heavily invested into the gamemodes

3. a horrible UI

4. completely unbalanced meta

5. the fact that theoretically, the a game of conquest could be won without ever shooting down an opponent on either side

6. an upgrade system that lends itself too much to the appearance of people cheating

etc. etc.

edit: and I forgot to mention respawns. (doh):facepalm:

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 19 September 2018 - 11:27 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Noreaga #3 Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 19 September 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

WOWP 2.0 is not at all suitable for E-sports for the following reasons:

1. auto-aim is turned up to high (it would turned up for everyone equally)

2. bots are too heavily invested into the gamemodes (its works for league of legends, and a few others. seems like it would be a good equalizer)

3. a horrible UI (agree but horrible for everyone)

4. completely unbalanced meta (i felt that but cant really comment, i don't see it working until ACM's can be used again).

5. the fact that theoretically, the a game of conquest could be won without ever shooting down an opponent on either side (The one thing esports was missing before were objectives, being the best a2a pilots shouldn't have been the be all and end all. I had suggested things like conquest for competitive play before, would also be more interesting to watch and encourage less skilled clans to join because there is a chance at a win. lets face it there hasn't been a solid competitive playing field since the days of the aces/potato/dracs) 

6. an upgrade system that lends itself too much to the appearance of people cheating  (i see this working like tanks, the more kitted out the plane the more team points it costs)

etc. etc.

edit: and I forgot to mention respawns. (doh):facepalm:  (both teams get respawns and getting slapped like you stole something would still lose you points, see it being another level of tactics... do you go all out and take casualties or do you play it safe and respond to the other team)

responses in brackets.

not saying anyone is willing to put that much work into something they are paying to do, but with enough foresight and thought it can be done. 

Nimis obnoxii curare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users