Russian Tier-3 SB & Tier-4 Ar-2 Useless Bombers

Blind spots in Gunners View

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

hoom #21 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3880 battles

More than a few I-220 battles I've had consisted of killing 3 GA trying to cap a Plant, climbing & killing 2 bombers, diving down & killing the returned GAs, back up to the respawned bombers etc literally never leaving that Plant cap until after Squall line or if I messed up & got killed by the tailguns.

Not sure I'd characterise bombing as requiring more skill than fighters though :unsure:

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CorvusCorvax #22 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1478 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posthoom, on 02 October 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

Not sure I'd characterise bombing as requiring more skill than fighters though :unsure:

If you want to do well, it does.  You not only have to fly your plane and drop the bombs right, you have to evade flak and the opposition.  With a turny fighter, and you have to do is yank around.  Mindless stuff, that.

I do very well in turny fighters.  I do OK in heavy fighters and multiroles.  A am about average in GAA.  And my bomber-fu is pretty poor.  I have much to learn.

SpiritFoxMY #23 Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2763 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

They're different skillsets. Spits are a separate category altogether... there's a reason they're called Skillfires. Other TnBs need more work to make work. You need to be at the right place at the right time because you're too slow to follow a battle. Unless you're ok with just letting the game evolve around you, TnBs are as challenging as bombers to carry a game with.

You can farm points, of course, but if you actually want to Win, TnBs are, IMO the hardest class to do it with. Except Skillfires. Because eff Skillfires

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

hoom #24 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:21 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3880 battles
With the new high altitude AA I might have to revise my opinion :unsure:
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

StoptheViolins #25 Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:02 AM

• 1812 battles
AA has killed me more than any fighter has.  A solid AA hit can take out 25% of your health.

As for the ot planes, just WoW gear them with bomb sights, skin, and engine boost and bomb from 2500. They are not as good as the blemie or the he 111 so just fly them for interests.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users