What was the first game that got you hot and bothered to fly?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Noreaga #21 Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

OMG SIM copter, so many amazing wasted hours. 

F117 was my introduction to good game but my first love (like all pre teen love, i have no idea why i was in love)

https://classicreload.com/commander-keen-2-the-earth-explodes.html

Nimis obnoxii curare

Gullygnome #22 Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1742 battles
I appreciate all the responses so far! Brought back many good gaming memories. o7

foozle #23 Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

Ace of Aces  ...from the same guy that developed Red Barron.

Corsair_Knight #24 Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:11 AM

Airman Basic

• 488 battles
I feel old now, Red Barron on Atari or flight sim on Com 64/128

Bobby_Tables #25 Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3722 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

This game.  

Seriously.  I was always an aviation freak.  Even chose Aerospace Engineering for my major, but did not make the cut and got accepted to Mechanical Engineering, which turned out to be fortunate given the total lack of aerospace jobs when I graduated way back in the day. 

But honestly, got a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator for Christmas so many years ago but it bored me.  Saw an ad somewhere for this game back, what, like 3 years ago, and it's the first multiplayer online game I ever played.  Sad, in a way, but true.  Got soooo pissed off at the people shooting me down but struck up some friendships with some good people and have kept playing ever since.  My main goal was to get to the F-86 because I saw that time as the height of air-to-air combat - still dogfighting but in jets.  That took quite some time to get to, let me tell you.  

GonerNL #26 Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 696 battles

Air Warrior by Kesmai ... multiplayer on-line air combat sim. Played it on CompuServe using a modem (early 90's). Huge phone bills !!

Best thing were the 'scenarios', community run historic battles, like Battle of Britain,Pearl Harbor, Big Week ... because it was real massive multi-player, you had to sign up to fly a side (Aliies,Axis), plane type (fighter, bomber, torpedo-bomber, paratrooper C-47) and were then assigned to a squadron. You took off as a squadron, followed orders, do the mission and then get back safely to land.

Flying on EU and NA server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users