3 aces

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

jonnymule74 #21 Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:10 AM

Airman Basic

• 2330 battles

I have three  Marseille medals, still no idea what planes they were for. I think one is for the FU4....Who would have thunk?

LMG #22 Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2034 battles
I find that medals and achievements don't really tell the whole story. I've had games with very little tangible contributions, but those contributions helped tip the battle in my team's favor far out of proportion, as well as high-scoring matches were nothing goes right for one reason or another.

Out of the top of my head I had a match on a tier 4 3-sector map a few days ago where I only got to capture 2 sectors and take out 3 aircraft. However, the sectors I did capture were never taken back, and my last kill was a bombkill against the top player on the enemy team right after squall, which gave my team enough room to push into the final sector and achieve superiority.

I've also come to notice an improvement in my strategic view of battles, often trying to coordinate with my flightmates to make the most out of a given situation. It's gotten to the point where I nearly got to beat an IL-20 and an RB-17 with a light fighter and my Me 109 TL; just one more sector cap and we would have had it
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Greg_Pattinson #23 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7144 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postjonnymule74, on 23 September 2018 - 04:10 AM, said:

I have three  Marseille medals, still no idea what planes they were for. I think one is for the FU4....Who would have thunk?

you got the Marseille medal in the T4 Bristol type 146 and t5 spitfire 1.  you got it twice in one of those plans but I don't know which.  I know that because they are the only 2 planes where you got more than 17 kills in a single sortie.  The most kills you got in a sortie with an F4u was 13.  To find this info just go to your player profile on the wowp website and look at the planes at the bottom.

CorvusCorvax #24 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1478 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I never pay attention to this stuff.  I don't think I've ever had an Ace or a Marseilles - well, not in 2.x.  I used to get them every day in 1.x.

Win rate is another stat I find completely meaningless.  When I can fly T1-3 and win all the time, I could easily pad my stats for those battles where I go out and play my Me-262, have an absolute blast, and still lose.  But flying at T2 shooting down dumb n00bs and even dumber bots seems like a pretty harsh penance to pay for the grins I get with the -262 or Do-335.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users