Jump to content


3 aces


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Greg_Pattinson #1 Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9313 battles
  • 160
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

My current clan has a 50% win ratio entry requirement but I hate win ratio as the main stat so it got me thinking.  The top medals are ace and Marseille and when you look at someone's stats it shows the most kills per sortie for each plane and the planes can be sorted in that order.  So I was wondering how many people have earned Marseille or Ace in a single sortie in all 3 classes of fighter (fighter, multirole, and heavy) ?  How about all 5 classes of plane?  Personally I have made ace in a single sortie with all 3 classes of fighter but not all 5 classes of plane.  I never tried to do it in a bomber or a GA but I think its possible.  The A26 bomber could take down attack flights and get it fairly easily but I think it would be hard in any other bomber.  A GA would be hard but with fast firing and hard hitting guns I think it could be done.  Would people be willing to join a clan because that was the entry requirement?

 

3 aces club                               5 aces club

Greg_Pattinson                  None....yet

Reitousair

Cenotaph

ClosedCoffin

Lord_Flash_Heart_

SuperPapa67

 


 

 

 


Edited by Greg_Pattinson, 12 October 2018 - 09:03 PM.


SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3121 battles
  • 2,017
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Well I wouldn't qualify. I have at least six "Ace in a Sortie" in Fighters and at least three "Ace in a Sortie" in Multiroles (not including the tier I) but that's it.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Greg_Pattinson #3 Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9313 battles
  • 160
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 18 September 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Well I wouldn't qualify. I have at least six "Ace in a Sortie" in Fighters and at least three "Ace in a Sortie" in Multiroles (not including the tier I) but that's it.

 

well I guess you will have to start flying more heavies.  I got ace in a sortie in the P38j.  The me410, bf110 c-6, bf109z zwillinger and beaufighter qualify for Marseille.  And yes I do not include tier 1.  It has to be at least tier 4 to get the Marseille or the ace medal.  You are much better in fighters and multi roles than I am though, In fighter I only have 2 ace in a sortie(bf 109b and yak 15) and 3 Marseille (A6M3, A6M2, and Yak 3).  In multi role I only have 1 ace (i16 late) and 4 Marseille (lag 3 series 4, ar197, F4u-1, and xp72)  what planes have you done it in?

 

Edit- I just looked up your stats and you would qualify.  you got Marseille in the se100 with 17


Edited by Greg_Pattinson, 18 September 2018 - 01:50 PM.


nwlxn12 #4 Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1408 battles
  • 238
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
WoT has an efficiency rating that is based off of some formula.  I am sure someone can come up with an efficiency rating formula for WoWP that takes into account pertinent data like win %, average numbers per sortie, planes/ground targets destroyed.  I don't see it listed in the hall of fame, but in game you can see total matches and total sorties which could be a pointer to how often you get destroyed.  Any math geniuses out there that want to attempt coming up with an efficiency rating in WoWP?

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3121 battles
  • 2,017
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

You can calculate the same in the Hall of Fame by just dividing your "Total Sorties" by the number of "Selected At Start of Battle".

 

That would give me a Fighter Sortie rate of 2.2/battle, 2.3 for Multiroles, 2.3 for heavies, 2.4 for GAAs and 1.7 for bombers with my most efficient, regularly flown plane being the Bf109E at 1.87 sorties per battle on average

 

 


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 256 battles
  • 3,121
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

Aces alone don't make a pilot in Conquest.

Kills over sectors are what really matter, and even then that isn't the full side of the equation.

I am, by my friends standard, a good pilot. I have a 47% winrate in 2.0. I have such a low winrate because I didn't care for Persha's requirement for winning so I would instead fly to my criteria of being a good pilot. 

aka: surviving the whole match, getting as many kills as possible without dying, ignoring the sectors etc.

In this day and age you can be an awesome pilot, but suck at the gamemode, mainly because I refuse to stoop down to the use of obvious and broken mechanics still prevalent in the gamemode after a year.  


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


nwlxn12 #7 Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1408 battles
  • 238
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 September 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Aces alone don't make a pilot in Conquest.

Kills over sectors are what really matter, and even then that isn't the full side of the equation.

I am, by my friends standard, a good pilot. I have a 47% winrate in 2.0. I have such a low winrate because I didn't care for Persha's requirement for winning so I would instead fly to my criteria of being a good pilot. 

aka: surviving the whole match, getting as many kills as possible without dying, ignoring the sectors etc.

In this day and age you can be an awesome pilot, but suck at the gamemode, mainly because I refuse to stoop down to the use of obvious and broken mechanics still prevalent in the gamemode after a year.  

 

Amen to this ^^^

I would rather survive and lose a match than win with re-spawns.  That being said, I just don't fly around like Krupi either, I do contribute, just not the way WG wants me to.



wylleEcoyote #8 Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2138 battles
  • 206
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Well i certainly dont qualify. Best i ever did was one shy of a Marseille in P-40, according to my stats.
And what little i remember of that game consisted of some how; where ever i turned my plane to shake a tail, there was a target that practically jumped into of my gun site.

And apparently if you got to your hall of fame and open the tab for each class it will tell you the most number of kills and destroyed targets in a sortie for each plane you play. in addition to telling you your average kill/sortie


Also i was unaware that shooting down bomber flights counted for Ace.

And why on earth would purposely go about getting an Ace or better in a GAA or Bomber?
Other than to prove that a particular plane is OP? (Hey Prenslau! I got a Marseille in the RB-17. tell again me how it is still 'balanced') 
ok for that particular reason alone some would feel it's worth it....

Would we rather go with the Lang medal as an equivalent?
because if i spend a match shooting down planes in a Stuka instead of shooting buildings I will certainly cost my team the game unless the Bots are both Lucky and Good. 
Though getting an Ace in  Stuka would be a video worth uploading thats for sure
the comments section would be all OMG WHY DOES HE NEVER MISS HAXXXXS

Edited by wylleEcoyote, 18 September 2018 - 03:36 PM.


Reitousair #9 Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7422 battles
  • 522
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

World of Warplanes is like the Battlefield series, death is but a part of the experience.

 

Fun fact: you actually get more XP from splitting your performance up into multiple sorties (aka, dying and then respawning) than you do surviving the entire battle. So if you want to get tokens and accolades, you won't be grinding as efficiently, if you want to grind with maximum efficiency you won't look terribly good statistically.

 

Still, I've gotten a Marseille and Golubev in my IL-10M, along with tons of various other medals from all the other aircraft I've flown. I can't count how many different aircraft I scored Marseilles with (mainly because I can't track every plane that I've gotten one in.) Haven't flown bombers a ton so I haven't gotten an air-kill medal in one of those but I have come close to a Marseille in my Peshka-82.


I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

 


Cenotaph #10 Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • 1,032
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Has everyone forgotten that medals occasionally decide to randomly change values? (Still)
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Greg_Pattinson #11 Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:50 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9313 battles
  • 160
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

Wow this got off topic fast.  Its not about the ace medal that you can die and still get.  Its not about the Marseille medal or efficiency or wining or anything else that was mentioned.  Is a simple yes or no. 

 

Do you have 20 or more kills in a single sortie with at least one plane in each class of fighter, multi role, and heavy?

 

If not do you have 17 or more kills in a single sortie in each of those classes?

 

If yes do you have 20 or more kills in a single sortie with a bomber and GA?

 

You can find this on your player profile on the wowp website.  Just scroll down to the bottom where it says aircraft.  Then sort by most kills per sortie.  If the highest number in each class is above 20 or 17 than the answer is yes.  There is no win requirement involved.  All you have to do is shoot down planes and not get shot down yourself.  Incidentally you know that you have earned the Marseille at least once in each plane over 17 and ace in each plane over 20.  You may have got them multiple times and you may have got ace in other planes when you did it in multiple sorties but none of that is relevant to this conversation.

 

 



Greg_Pattinson #12 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9313 battles
  • 160
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

View PostReitousair, on 18 September 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

World of Warplanes is like the Battlefield series, death is but a part of the experience.

 

Fun fact: you actually get more XP from splitting your performance up into multiple sorties (aka, dying and then respawning) than you do surviving the entire battle. So if you want to get tokens and accolades, you won't be grinding as efficiently, if you want to grind with maximum efficiency you won't look terribly good statistically.

 

Still, I've gotten a Marseille and Golubev in my IL-10M, along with tons of various other medals from all the other aircraft I've flown. I can't count how many different aircraft I scored Marseilles with (mainly because I can't track every plane that I've gotten one in.) Haven't flown bombers a ton so I haven't gotten an air-kill medal in one of those but I have come close to a Marseille in my Peshka-82.

 

You could not have possibly got Marseille in your IL-10M.  the most kills you got in a single sortie with it was 12 and its the highest GA you have in that respect.  However you have got ace in a single sortie with all 3 classes and Marseille in more planes than anyone else who posted by far.  33 different planes in fighter alone, 19 in multi role, and 12 in heavy.  Keep in mind people this is different planes.  He could have got it multiple times in each of those planes!!!

 

I have taken the time to check the stats of everyone who posted so far and have edited my initial post with the names of people who have got ace in a single sortie in all 3 classes.



ClosedCoffin #13 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4820 battles
  • 150
  • [MRCS] MRCS
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

View PostGreg_Pattinson, on 18 September 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Wow this got off topic fast.  Its not about the ace medal that you can die and still get.  Its not about the Marseille medal or efficiency or wining or anything else that was mentioned.  Is a simple yes or no. 

 

Do you have 20 or more kills in a single sortie with at least one plane in each class of fighter, multi role, and heavy?

 

If not do you have 17 or more kills in a single sortie in each of those classes?

 

If yes do you have 20 or more kills in a single sortie with a bomber and GA?

 

You can find this on your player profile on the wowp website.  Just scroll down to the bottom where it says aircraft.  Then sort by most kills per sortie.  If the highest number in each class is above 20 or 17 than the answer is yes.  There is no win requirement involved.  All you have to do is shoot down planes and not get shot down yourself.  Incidentally you know that you have earned the Marseille at least once in each plane over 17 and ace in each plane over 20.  You may have got them multiple times and you may have got ace in other planes when you did it in multiple sorties but none of that is relevant to this conversation.

 

 

 

First question answer - yes

second question answer - no

 



Reitousair #14 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:58 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7422 battles
  • 522
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostGreg_Pattinson, on 18 September 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

 

You could not have possibly got Marseille in your IL-10M.  the most kills you got in a single sortie with it was 12 and its the highest GA you have in that respect. 

 

The one thing you're forgetting, that only tracks combat group kills, ADA and bomber flights don't show up in the most aircraft destroyed stat. But I guess I could try for it again if I play to get verified proof of it. Not sure if I can get an ace though without sacrificing a match to trolling people.


Edited by Reitousair, 18 September 2018 - 06:59 PM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

 


Greg_Pattinson #15 Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:44 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9313 battles
  • 160
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

View PostClosedCoffin, on 18 September 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

 

First question answer - yes

second question answer - no

 

 

Just verified your stats congrats and welcome to the 3 aces club.  Your name has been added at the top

Greg_Pattinson #16 Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:46 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9313 battles
  • 160
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

View PostReitousair, on 18 September 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

 

The one thing you're forgetting, that only tracks combat group kills, ADA and bomber flights don't show up in the most aircraft destroyed stat. But I guess I could try for it again if I play to get verified proof of it. Not sure if I can get an ace though without sacrificing a match to trolling people.

Actually they do.  I'm not nearly as good as you so if they didn't I wouldn't have as many as I do.  



Xr901 #17 Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:25 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4180 battles
  • 278
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    07-10-2017
Aces in a single sortie in fighters and multiroles quite frequently, not in heavies since I haven't played them much, and the majority of the games I have played were in the weird game modes for the event that resulted in short battles and no points for anyone. Best I've managed in a heavy is a Marseille.

I've never killed more than 7 in a sortie in a GAA or bomber since I rarely play those classes, and I have to say I'm not sure what one would tell you anyway. Aside from that 1 in 1,000 game, really all I can see it saying is someone ignored what they were supposed to be doing in that class to focus on air kills.


Lord_Flash_Heart_ #18 Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:44 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 2515 battles
  • 6
  • [-GCR-] -GCR-
  • Member since:
    04-16-2018

I find it funny that the guy on 51.9 % WR - hates WR.... 

Why would the ace and Marseille medals be better than say... the MgGuire or Doolittle medal ? not everyone likes playing turn fighters. 

 

Ultimately, the stats for this game arnt worth a pinch of goat crap- they're awarded for playing against bots. And while I believe bots are needed for the time being, long term, they will have to reset stats if the game goes back to full PVP.

 

 

 

 

 



SpiritFoxMY #19 Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:46 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3121 battles
  • 2,017
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
I just realized I have 24 kills in a single sortie of the Fieseler Fi98 tier II GAA and now I feel dirty. :trollface:

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Greg_Pattinson #20 Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:27 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9313 battles
  • 160
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

View PostLord_Flash_Heart_, on 19 September 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

I find it funny that the guy on 51.9 % WR - hates WR.... 

Why would the ace and Marseille medals be better than say... the MgGuire or Doolittle medal ? not everyone likes playing turn fighters. 

 

Ultimately, the stats for this game arnt worth a pinch of goat crap- they're awarded for playing against bots. And while I believe bots are needed for the time being, long term, they will have to reset stats if the game goes back to full PVP.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't see why you find it funny I don't like win rate so I don't always play for wins.  A lot of the time the easiest way for me to do a daily mission is not the best way to win.  For example I like killing bomber flights but to do that I have to let the enemy capture the command center and if I do win its because of bots or other players on my team.  It has nothing to do with trying to make myself look better than I am as you are insinuating.  To be perfectly honest I'm not that good of a player at all.  I'm almost completely dependant on having a good plane that's maxed out and the only reason why I do so well in tournaments is just sheer time grinding away and not sleeping.  I have no problem admitting you are a better player than I am and I don't even have to look at your stats to know that   its just from playing in battles both with and against you.  There are so many players that are far more talented than I am.  Incidentally I did look at your stats so welcome to the 3 aces club.  As for the Doolittle along with gabreski, I find both much more challenging to get than either ace or Marseille so I wouldn't say ace or Marseille are better by any means.  This is just something that interested me.  If you would like to start a thread for people who have earned them x number of times for example because that interests you than feel free.  McGuire I personally don't find that big a deal but that's only my personal opinion.  




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users