Swift Advice Required

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Alex1Shot #1 Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:16 AM

Airman Basic

• 14 battles

Hi all
I need some advice regarding Swift
1. Is Swift a energy plane or a BnZ plane it veryyyyy different from tier 8 Spitfire XIV?
2. What equipment should I put in the 5 slots?
3. What Pilot skills to use?

4. Some tactics that works and what not to do.

A How to play Swift guide would be nice. For outer beginners like me.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2744 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

How are you at the Swift when you only have 14 games?

1. Swift is an energy fighter meaning it needs to know what tactics to employ against which planes. You can turn against the Focke Wulf and all multiroles and heavies. You use BnZ against most others. MiG-15s will be your biggest challenge.

And yes. It is very different from the tier 8 Spitfire.

2. I haven't got it Specialized yet but my plan is : Gunsight, LWF, LWP, Uprated Engine and LRBs.

3. MM1 + MM2, Aerodynamic Expert, Engine Guru 1 & 2

4. Keep your energy up - don't slow down too much. Fire at only when you have a good shot and remember that your guns are mounted below your nose. Keep some boost in reserve.

You can have a look at what I'm doing - bearing in mind I'm not a very good Swift player. Check out other YTers for better plays.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12598 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
Isn't the Swift a Tier IX?  14 battles?  Something does not compute.  I know I don't have one yet.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 16 September 2018 - 09:03 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:29 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Speculation: He's a member since 2013. We can guess he's been playing WOWP from then till now. He may have grinded the swift line during that time. And since battles resetted during 2.0 launch, his also reset. Though looking at his 2.0 activity 14 battles is just about the total make up of his contribution to the new WOWP. Oh and apparantly this is his first post... :teethhappy: (welcome to the forums btw)

Swift is a very different beast. It's faster than the attacker and almost up there in terms of speed performance like the F7U, but with no ordnance. One of its biggest traits is high boost acceleration. You gain a lot of Kph or mph just with a few seconds of boost and reach red line in no time. Knowing how to utilize this trait will make it easier for you to make the Swift a successful T10 fighter. Ofcourse a lot of the biggest complaints about this jet is the guns. 30mms that fire almost identical to the german version mg213C's that both hit hard and I mean HARD. That's if you can land them.

One of the minor downsides of this jet is how it bleeds speed the higher it gets in altitude. You'll notice this when you try to climb up to something and run out of boost. It's like there's a gigantic rock-slab strapped to the back of your tail dragging you down... It doesn't have the best optimum altitude ranges tho so this makes sense in a way... not really tbh lol. Altitude mechanics in this game is so weird. It also has one of the worst turning performance out of the tier 10s. So avoid TnB playstyle with this jet. 

Annd... I forgot about his numbered list. Oops. Spirit summed it up nicely so you're in good hands. 

I could probably answer the last part quite simply:

• Don't open fire till close range ~300m
  • Don't TnB at low speeds
  • Don't climb to max altitude
  • Conserve boost - don't use it all (you need this in a swift)

• Fly in horizontal zooms - making hit & run tactics
  • Keep that speed up! If you need to slow down to get more aim time flaps is enough
  • If you need to run from something on your tail - gradual dive to a friendly heavy AA sector and boost sparingly - enough to reach almost red line

You practically fly it like an F7U, but less time near the ground and more Air to Air. Think miniature heavy with a rocket thruster at your disposal. That's what a swift is like. GL and hope you enjoy this bird. I like mine but can't often find enough battles nor the time to hop into tier 10 to make the most of it. 

Of the planes that give the swift a hard time - Pretty much every t9s except the Ta183 and most of the T10 TnBs, The mig15bis, F-86A (yep these buggers can keep up with ya and have near infinite CDs on those .50cals) & the heavies... watch out for those heavies especially the bots at tier 10. They can surprise ya and wipe out your swift in literal seconds and wonder what the hell just happened to my plen breh?!

Edited by ArrowZ_, 16 September 2018 - 09:39 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

FlakValleyExpress #5 Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

Captain

• 31 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 16 September 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

Isn't the Swift a Tier IX?  14 battles?  Something does not compute.  I know I don't have one yet.

Ghost account or RU WoWP Developer.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Alex1Shot #6 Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:42 AM

Airman Basic

• 14 battles

Thank you all for your advice

I have Swift on EU account but on the EU forum no one answered my questions.

I tried my luck here and it payed of.

Edited by Alex1Shot, 16 September 2018 - 11:51 AM.

trikke #7 Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostAlex1Shot, on 16 September 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Thank you all for your advice

I have Swift on EU account but on the EU forum no one answered my questions.

I tried my luck here and it payed of.

sorry about that EU silence 

we do love to give advice over here, but i wouldn't trust that guy trikke's advice...      ever

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users