Any tips for more material gains?

dem tips

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

ArrowZ_ #1 Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:00 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1043 battles

Hopped in today to play some heavies high tiers & low tiers since I haven't played them since 2.0 released. Been running fighters for a while and imo it gets boring after a while. So I thought I'd try a different category. Seems like heavies have it tough. Like the lowest rates I've ever since on average wins. Not much better when I get around 12-15k CP battles on a win with a heavy which imo is pretty damn good considering the currrent meta. Like around 3-4 parts on atleast 4 types and atleast 1 part of the 5th & 6th. But rarely do I ever get all 6 types at once. I can produce those results with my t8 premiums if I have a really good battle around ~20k CPs. But the rates still aren't THAT great. What I've found is regardless of what I fly, if most of the targets I shoot down are Heavies, Bombers & GAs I get more material parts. Provided I win ofcourse. If I lose all that hard work = down the drain. It's just... GREAT progression system you got here WG! :medal:

What I'm lacking the most are Airframes & Mechanical parts. Any tips on getting more of those? I have like so much Weapon Parts & have no idea what to do with them. You know what would be a really convenient mechanic? Trading parts... How awesome would that be. But knowing WG they'll probably put a nice little brick wall with this by either paying gold or tokens.

Anyway, after today I've regained a new found friendship with my Me262... do I miss this thing. Slap some R4Ms and boi... is this t8 heavy fun :playing:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2496 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I suspect either Light or Multirole Fighters have a higher drop rate of those. You might also farm tier 4s. They can't drop the rarer parts so drop rates for Airframe and Mechanical parts will ve correspondingly higher

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Martymart1976 #3 Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3638 battles
  • [FK] FK
Sir, hate to say it, but if you want airframe and mechanical parts, fly tier 1 through 3. Yes, some people call it seal clubbing, I call it resource gathering. At these lower tiers, aiframes and mechanical parts only drop after a win....if WG wants to not encourage seal clubbing, maybe they should change this...

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:18 AM

Captain

• 642 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

also... you must win to get stuff...

jus' sayin'

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Xr901 #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2558 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Do lots of damage and get lots of kills. Praying to RNGesus and/or buying vodka for the Russian Number Generator will also help.

Supposedly different planes and ground targets have different weightings for the types of drop parts, but I haven't really figured them out yet.

I rarely plat anything below T4 these days but it looks like if you ant airframe and mechanical parts, play down low...
29 parts isn't bad or a single sortie...

Edited by Xr901, 14 September 2018 - 05:58 AM.

Cenotaph #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:24 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2733 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Funny story... seal clubbing at tier 4 or less is the most effective way to farm them...   :sceptic:
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

ArrowZ_ #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:37 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1043 battles

That's troubling... Not the best way to balance out ways to farm these materials which is highly saught after. Especially the 2 that I lack the most to upgrade.

Welp, I guess it's time to go clubbin' heh... :trollface:

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

SlappedbyRommel #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1726 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMartymart1976, on 14 September 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

Sir, hate to say it, but if you want airframe and mechanical parts, fly tier 1 through 3. Yes, some people call it seal clubbing, I call it resource gathering. At these lower tiers, aiframes and mechanical parts only drop after a win....if WG wants to not encourage seal clubbing, maybe they should change this...

Absolutely agreeing with you this is where you find those parts and I see many top players in this area gathering myself included - if the plane is in the hanger use it no matter what tier.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1352 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostArrowZ_, on 14 September 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

Anyway, after today I've regained a new found friendship with my Me262... do I miss this thing. Slap some R4Ms and boi... is this t8 heavy fun :playing:

Right?  I love that bird.

As the other say, you gotta go clubbing to get the common parts.  I haven't flown much lower tier stuff lately, and I'm out of airframe parts.  So, I will be clubbing for a while.

Come find me some night, and we'll pair up on flying the Swallow.  It'll be fun.  (For us, not so much the other team.)

Bluegoose02 #10 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2529 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

They love us when we're on their team and winning. And it sucks to have to go to T1,2 ,or 3 for parts.

StoptheViolins #11 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1655 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 September 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

As the other say, you gotta go clubbing to get the common parts.  I haven't flown much lower tier stuff lately, and I'm out of airframe parts.  So, I will be clubbing for a while.

Come find me some night, and we'll pair up on flying the Swallow.  It'll be fun.  (For us, not so much the other team.)

The only plus side to the WoW gear is that you can get longer range on the 30mm so it does make it a better bird with longer talons.

SonicPariah #12 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 422 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
There are indeed ways to maximize the amount of Parts you get. Let me see if I can track that down for everyone.

CorvusCorvax #13 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1352 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostStoptheViolins, on 14 September 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

The only plus side to the WoW gear is that you can get longer range on the 30mm so it does make it a better bird with longer talons.

Funny you should say that.  I had the Long Barrels equipped for the longer range.  But I find that because I rarely can engage and stay engaged at longer ranges that the trade-off to burst length hampers my efforts.  I was going to go with the gun upgrade that increases rate of fire, so I can get more shells on target, and let my engines make up for the lack of range.  I already have the sight equipped, so that offsets the accuracy loss from the rate of fire buff.  I was also considering equipping for burst length, but again, at T8 speeds, I rarely have an issue with that.  It is always the SLOW shells and the abysmal RoF.

ArrowZ_ #14 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1043 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 September 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

Sure! 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Reitousair #15 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6034 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Strangely enough with materials it seems that there's a threshold before you earn decent material gain. Usually it's around the 16k-20k PP range.

Right now from what I've seen, killing planes often awards airframe elements, weapon parts, and flight instruments the most. Killing ground targets usually gives you higher chances of mechanical parts, weapon parts, and radio electronics. One thing to note however is it appears that things are randomized, so killing five ground targets will give you different rewards every match, there's only correlations with what will give you better odds of  getting something, not what will necessarily get you something.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

ArrowZ_ #16 Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:49 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1043 battles

Has anyone ever gained over 20 materials of any one type? If so pics plz! :trollface:

And uhh... what bot clubbin' cheat.exe you runnin' so I can do the same hehe...

Edited by ArrowZ_, 17 September 2018 - 04:52 AM.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

SonicPariah #17 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:03 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 422 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

So, the bottom line is this: You get Parts by destroying either Air or Ground Targets.

At Lower Tiers, there is less diversity in the Parts, which means that if you are consistently destroying Targets as you should, you will get more of these Common Parts at lower Tiers.

At Higher Tiers, you will have greater diversity of Parts, which means you will get less of each at higher Tiers.

nwlxn12 #18 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 17 September 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

So, the bottom line is this: You get Parts by destroying either Air or Ground Targets.

At Lower Tiers, there is less diversity in the Parts, which means that if you are consistently destroying Targets as you should, you will get more of these Common Parts at lower Tiers.

At Higher Tiers, you will have greater diversity of Parts, which means you will get less of each at higher Tiers.

Will there be a time in WG's future that they actually give us a reason to fly top tier planes?

SonicPariah #19 Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:49 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 422 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Postnwlxn12, on 17 September 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Will there be a time in WG's future that they actually give us a reason to fly top tier planes?

Aside from better rewards and the unique characteristics of the planes found at those Tiers? I mean, we can see.

nwlxn12 #20 Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 17 September 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Aside from better rewards and the unique characteristics of the planes found at those Tiers? I mean, we can see.

You know the numbers better than I do, but it would appear that those are currently not enough to keep people playing the upper tiers judging by the number of humans playing up there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users