Sorry a missed it

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

MelBrooks #1 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
  • [FK] FK

Topic was locked while I was out of town.

Prenzlau,

i will keep this short short and sweet. No one can fully understand a person’s intentions and motivations by their posts. Most of us old timers here are either hoping for a positive turn in the game and joking around with the current player base. I know-lot of these guys and they are not serious, nor are they trolls. They use this medium as a way to stay in contact and have some harmless fun. Your posts have not only become increasingly bizarre and erratic, but increasingly antagonistic. I would give it a rest. These old timers are not upset with you, but Persha. I will continue to chime in with Persha’s total lack of judgement and forethought concerning the North American market. Until Persha shows some competency, I will continue to call them out and point it out to their defenders. I will not sink into this abyss you found yourself spinning in. 

Edited by MelBrooks, 13 September 2018 - 08:18 PM.

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1352 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMelBrooks, on 13 September 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Prenzlau,

i will keep this short short and sweet. No one can fully understand a person’s intentions and motivations by their posts. Most of us old timers here are either hoping for a positive turn in the game and joking around with the current player base. I know-lot of these guys and they are not serious, nor are they trolls. They use this medium as a way to stay in contact and have some harmless fun. Your posts have not only become increasingly bizarre and erratic, but increasingly antagonistic. I would give it a rest. These old timers are not upset with you, but Persha. I will continue to chime in with Persha’s total lack of judgement and forethought concerning the North American market. Until Persha shows some competency, I will continue to call them out and point it out to their defenders. I will not sink into this abyss you found yourself spinning in. 

Depends on how one takes the postings, I suppose.  I would suggest, on careful reading, that Prenzlau is not the only poster antagonistic to other posters.  His are just the most flamboyant.

While I do not always agree with what he writes, I think his commentary is at least on par with some of the other folks write.  There is certainly a select group of posters who can't seem to let whatever he posts just sit without adding in their own petulant two cent's worth.  That, in and of itself, makes his posts worthwhile.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 13 September 2018 - 10:39 PM.

Cenotaph #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2734 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Has there ever been a study on why we sometimes type "a" when we mean "I"?

Is it just the simple fact that they are both a single character?

I find myself wondering these same thoughts, when I make the exact same mistake.  :D

Edited by Cenotaph, 13 September 2018 - 09:45 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:03 AM

Captain

• 642 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCenotaph, on 13 September 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

I find myself wondering these same thoughts, when I make the exact same mistake.  :D

he drinks about as much as I do...

but doesn't handle it as well

tho...

he's mostly coherent until he falls flat on his face

quite a thud indeed

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Prenzlau #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5296 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMelBrooks, on 13 September 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

Prenzlau,

How ironic that I created a topic all about me, the topic you missed that was locked, and bless your heart you created a new topic, all about me. 

Historically the vast majority of negativity was not contained in my original topics, but in many reactions to fair and valid opinions and thoughts that I expressed. A small minority of attention seekers and people trying to settle petty vendettas. I'm not against the "old timers" and although I have been critical in the past with chronic complainers, as of late I have been more empathetic and understanding. I think describing my posts as "bizarre and erratic" is a bit extreme. Antagonism has it's positive effects, and in some cases a very justified way of expressing a viewpoint or opinion. Almost all the people who have had conflict with me, came looking for it. Then when they don't like what I write, it becomes antagonism on their part. It is a statistical fact that my commentary, replies and original topics, has brought out a great increase in responses and it is highly likely that there has also been an increase in forums readers. I've been a catalyst in adding more readership, entertainment and interest in these forums beyond anyone else in recent times. I get comments and pm's through the game interface from players I do not know saying they saw what I wrote in the forums, and a mixture of positive and negative feedback. It is easy to place a judgement upon me on a personal level, but people should not deny the greater picture and the positive effect I have had in indirect ways to benefit people who post in these forums. 

Are you asking for the ho-hum, slightly boring and stale, forum full of angry old timers back? What would some of these guys do without me? Things have never been better for them, they are far more relevant than they have ever been and they get far more attention. Waking up, thinking, expanding your perception and thought, these are things that for some, are hard to do, but that does not mean it is not necessary or even good for them. Last I checked, replying and exchanging opinions and words is voluntary. I don't force anyone to say or do anything, except for Hamhock Jones, I control him like a puppet.

Would it make everyone feel better if I directed my editorials and exposes toward WG, Persha and the structure of the game? Would it make everyone feel better if I went to bat for the little guy and put the system on trial? Do you want me to be Dr. Feelgood? Just a little reminder, when I have been upbeat and positive and posted constructive material, the reaction I received was even worse than when I have posted all the "bizarre and erratic" material, as you have described. Has it occurred to you that the old timers that just want to joke and have fun, don't want or cannot handle anything positive concerning this game. Just pointing that out. Not a gallery of shining happy faces. 

Out of respect I will consider your words and opinions. I always have liked your writing style and your sincerity. Thanks for the new topic that is all about me, I do appreciate it. 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 14 September 2018 - 12:44 AM.

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 14 September 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

he drinks about as much as I do...

but doesn't handle it as well

tho...

he's mostly coherent until he falls flat on his face

quite a thud indeed

Mel even posted in the Aircraft discussions thread. lol:rolleyes:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12005 battles
Maybe if he quit using 'loose' instead of 'lose' we would love his bombast more?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

MelBrooks #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCenotaph, on 13 September 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

typing on my cell phone’s tiny keys are one the biggest challenges. Sorry for the error.

MelBrooks #9 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostPrenzlau, on 13 September 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

How ironic that I created a topic all about me, the topic you missed that was locked, and bless your heart you created a new topic, all about me. 

Historically the vast majority of negativity was not contained in my original topics, but in many reactions to fair and valid opinions and thoughts that I expressed. A small minority of attention seekers and people trying to settle petty vendettas. I'm not against the "old timers" and although I have been critical in the past with chronic complainers, as of late I have been more empathetic and understanding. I think describing my posts as "bizarre and erratic" is a bit extreme. Antagonism has it's positive effects, and in some cases a very justified way of expressing a viewpoint or opinion. Almost all the people who have had conflict with me, came looking for it. Then when they don't like what I write, it becomes antagonism on their part. It is a statistical fact that my commentary, replies and original topics, has brought out a great increase in responses and it is highly likely that there has also been an increase in forums readers. I've been a catalyst in adding more readership, entertainment and interest in these forums beyond anyone else in recent times. I get comments and pm's through the game interface from players I do not know saying they saw what I wrote in the forums, and a mixture of positive and negative feedback. It is easy to place a judgement upon me on a personal level, but people should not deny the greater picture and the positive effect I have had in indirect ways to benefit people who post in these forums. 

Are you asking for the ho-hum, slightly boring and stale, forum full of angry old timers back? What would some of these guys do without me? Things have never been better for them, they are far more relevant than they have ever been and they get far more attention. Waking up, thinking, expanding your perception and thought, these are things that for some, are hard to do, but that does not mean it is not necessary or even good for them. Last I checked, replying and exchanging opinions and words is voluntary. I don't force anyone to say or do anything, except for Hamhock Jones, I control him like a puppet.

Would it make everyone feel better if I directed my editorials and exposes toward WG, Persha and the structure of the game? Would it make everyone feel better if I went to bat for the little guy and put the system on trial? Do you want me to be Dr. Feelgood? Just a little reminder, when I have been upbeat and positive and posted constructive material, the reaction I received was even worse than when I have posted all the "bizarre and erratic" material, as you have described. Has it occurred to you that the old timers that just want to joke and have fun, don't want or cannot handle anything positive concerning this game. Just pointing that out. Not a gallery of shining happy faces. 

Out of respect I will consider your words and opinions. I always have liked your writing style and your sincerity. Thanks for the new topic that is all about me, I do appreciate it. 

Prenzlau

My grandfather was correct, you can not have a meaningful conversation with crazy.

ArrowZ_ #10 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:11 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1043 battles

View PostMelBrooks, on 14 September 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

typing on my cell phone’s tiny keys are one the biggest challenges. Sorry for the error.

I blame my phone more than my thumb-typing prowess!... I need one of those stick thingies...

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:46 AM

Captain

• 642 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 13 September 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Prenzlau

you are cuter than a burning bag of poop on my neighbor's porch on devil's night

doc needs to fix the meds...

you've headed toward the deepend and you can't swim

take another break bro

less serious is the med you need

peace

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 14 September 2018 - 03:34 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Prenzlau #12 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5296 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMelBrooks, on 13 September 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

My grandfather was correct, you can not have a meaningful conversation with crazy.

I've noticed the criteria for a "meaningful" conversation with you and your cohorts would be to agree with everything you say and have no opinions of my own. A pretty high  price just to get along with people, if that is crazy, so be it.

Prenzlau

Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12005 battles

View PostMelBrooks, on 13 September 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

[edited]   +1

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Zigfreid #14 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8144 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPrenzlau, on 13 September 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

I've noticed the criteria for a "meaningful" conversation with you and your cohorts would be to agree with everything you say and have no opinions of my own. A pretty high  price just to get along with people, if that is crazy, so be it.

Prenzlau

Prenzlau pretty boy Mel Brooks used to be called Ruth Buzzy and wore dresses and called me sweetie and honey in 1.9!

Cenotaph #15 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:19 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2734 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMelBrooks, on 13 September 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

You misunderstand, I wasn't giving you grief... I was sincere in my question.

I've done it, I've noticed others do it... I was just curious if it was a recognized phenomenon.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

MelBrooks #16 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostZigfreid, on 13 September 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

Prenzlau pretty boy Mel Brooks used to be called Ruth Buzzy and wore dresses and called me sweetie and honey in 1.9!

Zig, you rascal, you know I never took the game or myself seriously, Ace and I were doing important things like drinking and irritating Madvortexan and Wolfblitz. Stay safe you madman <o.

Edited by MelBrooks, 14 September 2018 - 08:12 AM.

CorvusCorvax #17 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1352 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 14 September 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

Maybe if he quit using 'loose' instead of 'lose' we would love his bombast more?

I have always enjoyed the pearl clutchers swooning with a case of the vapors - they seem to driven to respond to his posts like trailer trash to the liquor store.

The forum entertainment value is pretty high.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #18 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• 642 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 September 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

I have always enjoyed the pearl clutchers swooning with a case of the vapors - they seem to driven to respond to his posts like trailer trash to the liquor store.

that post is quite a tell into the workings of your mind

Prenzlau #19 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5296 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 September 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

Might as well let them have their fun. That ground target record is all someone has to talk about. Without me around the rest of them would just be cackling and brooding over WG and Persha. My presence gives them a new purpose and possibly stirs their minds to be more creative and expansive, as contradictory as that sounds. The appreciation will come later, when they start having some epiphanies about themselves and realize I was always a good influence because I forced them out of their little boxes. 

Prenzlau

Edited by SonicPariah, 14 September 2018 - 08:09 PM.
Naming players

Bubba_Zanetti #20 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1325 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPrenzlau, on 14 September 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

their little boxes. 

Edited by Bubba_Zanetti, 14 September 2018 - 01:58 PM.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them” - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You” - Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users