Make it hurt Do your worst Come at me bro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Prenzlau #21 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5654 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostReitousair, on 12 September 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

While you did confide some sort of plan, you did not say it was to try and paint yourself as a villain. There were entirely different ways you could try to inspire people to play, without being antagonistic. Also your general antagonistic attitude in a lot of other posts doesn't really help your case that it was just to try and inspire HVAR. Just because you act or have good faith does not necessarily mean you're actually in the right, it's arguable that you were needlessly arrogant and antagonistic for quite a bit of your crusade to try and revitalize a group. There are a lot more productive ways to get people desiring to fight, like making yourself moreso a rival, not an enemy. Insulting and trying to lay a challenge at the same time only works if ones affected by anger and taunts, if they're not, then, well, they'll likely ignore it. To be honest, it just seems like you stained your reputation for no good reason.

While you did confide some sort of plan, you did not say it was to try and paint yourself as a villain

Unfortunately it had to be believable. You had to believe it as well.

There were entirely different ways you could try to inspire people to play, without being antagonistic. Also your general antagonistic attitude in a lot of other posts doesn't really help your case that it was just to try and inspire HVAR.

After close observation over a period of time, it became clear to me that your group was too demoralized (from the changes and activities of WG), and in a state of general solidarity in their attitudes concerning the game. Me being a suspect outsider would have very little inspirational value. I assessed that only a jarring provocative challenge might be the only way to inspire them to a cause (on a personal level) that the current game was not satisfying. It is clear that nothing I could have done would have resulted in achieving the goal of an increased participation. So if you want to conclude that the effort was wasted, I would agree. I would assert that other alternatives would have had no impact as well.

Just because you act or have good faith does not necessarily mean you're actually in the right, it's arguable that you were needlessly arrogant and antagonistic for quite a bit of your crusade to try and revitalize a group. 

I somewhat agree. I would like to remind you however, that we all live in a reality were "you either get pissed off or pissed on". My good faith has it's limits. If you think I was needlessly arrogant and antagonistic to HVAR, well did I hurt anyone's feelings? Did someone cry? I thought HVAR was a collection of excellent and elite flyers, at least with all the 70 and 80 percent win rates, one would think as much. Except for a few stalwart players, your clan packed their luggage and left. Don't blame me for for the state of your clan and don't foist the woes of quitters upon me. I can be arrogant and antagonistic and still tell the truth, like it or not.

There are a lot more productive ways to get people desiring to fight, like making yourself moreso a rival, not an enemy. Insulting and trying to lay a challenge at the same time only works if ones affected by anger and taunts, if they're not, then, well, they'll likely ignore it.

Who is there to fight? You? Desert? A few other part timers? Who is around to be a rival too? What are these more productive ways? There was a time when it was hard not to run into HVAR players in tier 8,9 and 10. Now it is a rare occasion on most nights to see anyone from your clan. You are an idealist and I respect that, but please insert the reality into the equation. I can say whatever I want because there is very little anyone in your clan can do about it. The consequences for a withering situation. 

To be honest, it just seems like you stained your reputation for no good reason.

Strained my reputation for no good reason? Really? And what is my reputation? The few, and I mean few people that understand me I call my brothers because they are never offended by the things I say, but instead appreciate my efforts at a higher level. The only way to have any sort of positive reputation in these forums would be to relentlessly criticize the game and WG, week after week, month after month. If I had chosen that route, I would be Spartacus by now! 

I appreciate your reply and your opinions. 

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users