Good GA for Practice

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

LMG #21 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles

As a side-note, the Fw 189 C is actually slower than the BSh-2, but it does turn better. With the Hs 129 B the german GAAs start to get faster than the soviet ones (the Stuka I think is still slower than the IL-2 with the 23s). Their main difference is nimbleness (usually turning better and/or being faster than soviet GAAs) and supporting better anti-air potential with their guns

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Bobby_Tables #22 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

If you are looking for a premium plane, my favorite GA is the LBSh.  A T4 Russian GA that is so fun to play it's sick.  If you have some gold sitting around, it's pretty cheap.    

Once you get used to it, you can make that thing spin 180 degrees at like zero airspeed.  It has pretty good guns for soft targets, carries 4 bombs and earns credits like a rigged slot machine.  

You can take down ground targets and bothersome planes like swatting flies.  It is a bit unreceptive to incoming fire, but nimble enough to duck and weave your way around.  You have to try your best to stall the thing and the boost lights up like nothing.  An enemy plane overshoots, you boost, point the nose up, gun them down, and then turn back to finish the cap.  I used to think the FW 189 was better but after a while, this little GA became one of my favorites in the game.  

Daaammmnnn, gotta play it after typing this.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 14 September 2018 - 03:45 AM.

Xr901 #23 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3253 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Well, I've been using the IL-2 (mod) the t5 premium soviet GAA to learn how to play them and it's been going fairly well. I've uses it to get a bunch of the missions done for the new soviet bombers. I'd recommend it, plus we're getting so many soviet 5 skill crew u can just use 2 of them without retraining.

Edited by Xr901, 14 September 2018 - 04:35 AM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #24 Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:06 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostXr901, on 13 September 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Well, I've been using the IL-2 (mod) the t5 premium soviet GAA to learn how to play them and it's been going fairly well. I've uses it to get a bunch of the missions done for the new soviet bombers. I'd recommend it, plus we're getting so many soviet 5 skill crew u can just use 2 of them without retraining.

agreed, and it's a premium with NO downside...

best in it's class...

and great for training pilots and making cash

also... tier 5 has replaced tier 4 to do level 2 token/mission bullshiz

best t5 ga imho

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

LMG #25 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 14 September 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

agreed, and it's a premium with NO downside...

best in it's class...

and great for training pilots and making cash

also... tier 5 has replaced tier 4 to do level 2 token/mission bullshiz

best t5 ga imho

It does have a downside. The ordance it carries is weaker than the IL-2's top bombs and rockets. However, it's still an IL, so if you can make the regular one work this one isn't too far off

Wombatmetal #26 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 950 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

The HA 137 at tier 3 is also a good plane to learn on. LBsh and IL2 mod like folks have said.

The Stuka has a learning curve with its derp cannons, and the HS 129 is tough to make work

trikke #27 Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i really enjoy the Hs 129, i flew it just yesterday         

i brought back the IL-2 mod from the deep freeze boneyard when the female russian pilot popped up for sale, but i have yet to fly it

it's because i love the german GAs so much

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Reitousair #28 Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6320 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

As people have stated previously on here, can't go wrong with the LBSh or IL-2 (mod.) However keep in mind Soviet GA changes in playstyle once you hit the upper tiers (7-10.)

If you want to learn how to fly high-tier Soviet GA, the IL-10 is an excellent entry point once you fully upgrade it. The problem is fully upgrading it, IL-10 is a brutal grind since you're effectively playing a different line of GA, but it will help train you for the IL-40 and IL-40P. That's far off though, so you probably don't have to worry about such things yet.

German GA work the same way actually, the upper tiers (7-10) play a LOT differently from their lower-tier counterparts. The Fw 189 is a good trainer but it might not be a bad idea to cut into the line from the German HF's, you won't be missing much by skipping the Fw 189 through Ju-88P as the Me 265 and beyond are entirely different in playstyle.

Edited by Reitousair, 14 September 2018 - 09:32 PM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Zaikadi #29 Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 749 battles
I probably will not go above Tier VII (or even Tier V), personally. I'm not crazy about GAs; I thought I'd like to get something for variety. I also purchased a Blenheim IV (e) to have a bomber.

Edited by Zaikadi, 15 September 2018 - 05:40 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #30 Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2744 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Blennie is a nasty little thing at tier 3.

I'm not a fan of GA combat myself but I'm going for the German P.1102B because I've heard so much about it and high tier German GAs are half heavy fighters anyway 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #31 Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles

View PostZaikadi, on 15 September 2018 - 12:37 AM, said:

I probably will not go above Tier VII (or even Tier V), personally. I'm not crazy about GAs; I thought I'd like to get something for variety. I also purchased a Blenheim IV (e) to have a bomber.

Tier 7 is a great place to stop for GAAs imo. The Me 265 is pretty fun once you get the bombs and the guns, the IL-8 is what the IL-2 (t) wished it could be, and the IL-10 can be quite lethal in the right hands :playing:

trikke #32 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostZaikadi, on 15 September 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

. I also purchased a Blenheim IV (e) to have a bomber.

my T3 specced blennie is my most flown plane!     it reloads bombs in just a few seconds, and can shoot down other bombers after you've capped everything 

the best way to keep from low tier seal-clubbing is fly the blennie, unless the baby seal is also flying a blennie

Zaikadi #33 Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 749 battles

I might make it to VII if I ever can get on a winning team. But, I have lots of help from you folks, including LMG's thread, which I've already incorporated into my playing.

These couple of days, I've been winning gold with the Blenheim.

Zaikadi #34 Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 749 battles
After grinding and Eliting the Me 410, I'm back to grinding the Soviet GA line. I currently have the BSh-2, and it has been performing well stock--yes, without bombs. My intention was to go up to the IL-2, but do you folks think the BSh--2 might be better tier-for-tier? Or will the IL-2 impress me even more? I realize I can do both, but I have no empty Hangar spaces.

SpiritFoxMY #35 Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2744 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I was underwhelmed by the Il-2 :sceptic:

But then again, I disliked most GAs except for the Me265, Wirraway and now the 1099B-2

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #36 Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles

View PostZaikadi, on 02 October 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

After grinding and Eliting the Me 410, I'm back to grinding the Soviet GA line. I currently have the BSh-2, and it has been performing well stock--yes, without bombs. My intention was to go up to the IL-2, but do you folks think the BSh--2 might be better tier-for-tier? Or will the IL-2 impress me even more? I realize I can do both, but I have no empty Hangar spaces.

Wait, how are you running the stock BSh-2 without bombs? Don't you have the FAB-50 available? Outside of those the BSh-2 can't do much as it only has four MGs to work with.

Anyways, when it comes to actual ground pounding performance, the IL-2 can really outperform the BSh-2 with the introduction of rockets, which give you even more versatility as to how you can capture a sector, as well as having the option of running a pair of really great 23mm cannons or two 37mm ones, the former providing better speed and anti-air capabilities while the latter maximizes your damage to ground targets, though it does make the plane a lot slower than the BSh-2 (which will be a thing until tier 8 sadly). Personally I find the IL-2 (t) to be a better plane for the 37mm cannons it gets, but either way the IL-2 is certainly no pushover :playing:

Zaikadi #37 Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 749 battles

View PostLMG, on 03 October 2018 - 03:45 AM, said:

Wait, how are you running the stock BSh-2 without bombs? Don't you have the FAB-50 available? Outside of those the BSh-2 can't do much as it only has four MGs to work with.

Anyways, when it comes to actual ground pounding performance, the IL-2 can really outperform the BSh-2 with the introduction of rockets, which give you even more versatility as to how you can capture a sector, as well as having the option of running a pair of really great 23mm cannons or two 37mm ones, the former providing better speed and anti-air capabilities while the latter maximizes your damage to ground targets, though it does make the plane a lot slower than the BSh-2 (which will be a thing until tier 8 sadly). Personally I find the IL-2 (t) to be a better plane for the 37mm cannons it gets, but either way the IL-2 is certainly no pushover :playing:

I didn't realize the bombs were available until after the first two battles :facepalm:. That's when I checked to see what I could upgrade, and lo and behold!

I was actually capturing sectors with the MGs. I kept hitting buildings and AA guns until the fireworks went off. I know it took longer than necessary.

Edited by Zaikadi, 03 October 2018 - 05:05 AM.

comtedumas #38 Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5069 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostBobby_Tables, on 13 September 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

If you are looking for a premium plane, my favorite GA is the LBSh.  A T4 Russian GA that is so fun to play it's sick.  If you have some gold sitting around, it's pretty cheap.    

Once you get used to it, you can make that thing spin 180 degrees at like zero airspeed.  It has pretty good guns for soft targets, carries 4 bombs and earns credits like a rigged slot machine.  

You can take down ground targets and bothersome planes like swatting flies.  It is a bit unreceptive to incoming fire, but nimble enough to duck and weave your way around.  You have to try your best to stall the thing and the boost lights up like nothing.  An enemy plane overshoots, you boost, point the nose up, gun them down, and then turn back to finish the cap.  I used to think the FW 189 was better but after a while, this little GA became one of my favorites in the game.  

Daaammmnnn, gotta play it after typing this.  

another thing is fighters forget the LBSh has 20mm cannons and try to head on it.  Oops.  

LMG #39 Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 03 October 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

another thing is fighters forget the LBSh has 20mm cannons and try to head on it.  Oops.  

In that regard the LBSh isn't that great for head-on fights. Now the BSh-2 with 23mm cannons, oh boy :teethhappy:

trikke #40 Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostZaikadi, on 12 September 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

Trikke also mentioned in a Youtube comment that s/he likes the German GAs.

What's the consensus among the rest of you? How does the Tier IV FW 189 C compare to its Soviet counterpart? I like the idea of Tier IV because I can participate in events at that level.

oh ffs... i'm a dude!     lol

i loved the T4 Eule so much, and did well in it, but didn't care for the stuka    i would sidestep to the Hs-129 fer sure!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users