• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

SpiritFoxMY #21 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3095 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostZaikadi, on 11 September 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Actually, I play every day. I've played 366 battles in about three weeks. I'm just coming off a few battles right now. I live in California, so I'm Pacific Time. During the week, I play between the hours of about 8:30 PT and 11:00.

Well, my weekdays are spent flighted with trikke and I'll be away next week anyhoo. But let's try to schedule a flight if you want.

There're also a bunch of videos available from LMG, Akirishin and others to watch - they're not overly informative tactically as they're usually intended just as replays for review or for fun (or in Akirishin's case, individual airplane reviews), but they might give you a bit more insight in how some of use play.

LMG posts his videos here: http://forum.worldof...ne-shenanigans/

Me flying the objectively terrible Fw190 A-1 with trikke (and Neblin on chat in a different game)

Spoiler

And the dangers of not knowing when to just wait the timer out.

Spoiler

Hope to see you sometime o7

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

trikke #22 Posted 11 September 2018 - 01:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2514 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

so embarrassing to be caught on film nosediving into the sea...    but most of the time, my ridiculous mistakes happen out of his sight

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Zaikadi #23 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1031 battles
I've been watching Akirishin, S_L_A_Y, Gaming Bear, SirTenDeath, Jeff Long, and Shrike Gaming. I was not aware of LMG. Thanks for the links and your own videos. I'll watch them when I take a break.

SpiritFoxMY #24 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3095 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Honestly, the others are straight better. I'm nowhere in their league of recording and its mostly for my own satisfaction XD

ArrowZ_ #25 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:58 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

...Guess my channel is buried amongst all those popular choices... huhu :(

They are great picks though. Z3M and SLAY are my favourites. Jeff and Akirishin comes close too. But all informative for all your WOWP 2.0 needs. I also might have to bookmark spirits channel now too... heh :hiding:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Zaikadi #26 Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1031 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 12 September 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

...Guess my channel is buried amongst all those popular choices... huhu :(

They are great picks though. Z3M and SLAY are my favourites. Jeff and Akirishin comes close too. But all informative for all your WOWP 2.0 needs. I also might have to bookmark spirits channel now too... heh :hiding:

I'd gladly check out your channel if you have one. I can't find any under your forum name.

ArrowZ_ #27 Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:40 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

There's a link under my signature that's like this:

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

But if you want to go to the main channel here it is. Hope you find something you like and enjoy the vids :honoring: 

Just to name a few I did the hurricane line, german bomber line, P-47 thunderbolts, the XF15C when it first came out. And so on.

I'll have to apologize in advance if they're too long. I like to make almost-raw type gameplays from start to finish with abit of edits. If you watch them all the way through, you get the most information out of them. The latest videos have time stamps on them for people who prefer quick viewing access with limited time on their hands. Most of the latest videos that are about 3 months old have them. Just let me know if a few of my old ones need time stamps. I'll be happy to go over them.

Oh one other thing that may turn you off - I fly joystick and not mouse/KB controls. Just fair warning.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 13 September 2018 - 04:45 AM.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Zaikadi #28 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1031 battles

I just played a game where one of the sectors was almost all blue (blue circle almost complete). I flew low to take out buildings, but there was nothing to shoot on the ground. There was a single red Bf 110 circling high above the sector. There were four of us blue planes flying around the sector below the red plane. The sector turned red. 

In the same battle, I got rammed twice from the front by the same Spitfire. In both cases, the damaged Spitfire, with 210 original HPs and much less health, survived and my 250 HP P-40 (which the second time had almost full health) was destroyed. I had heard to collide with the wing to minimize damage to my plane, and I did in both cases.

WTH?

I'm really trying to have fun, but I can't understand this game.

Edited by Zaikadi, 14 September 2018 - 12:30 AM.

ArrowZ_ #29 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:48 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
Provide the replays then we can have a look where the problem/bug is. If you don't know where your replays are it is in your C:\ drive and just look for "Videos" folder then WorldofWarplanes. The file names are in code, so if you can remember the plane you flew at the time of the problem it'll help narrow it down.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Nutzo #30 Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:47 PM

Airman Basic

• 119 battles
Frustrating isn't the word, downright idiotic is- try to enjoy this as a new player and everyone and their mother is sealclubbing as low as possible with fully specialized planes - god i enjoy fighting guys with 1000's of hours when i barely have any. this game is as unfriendly to new players as humanly possible without just giving them a pistol to shoot themselves. i gave this game a try, but clearly i'm not wanted here, goodbye.

Edited by Nutzo, 14 September 2018 - 05:52 PM.

trikke #31 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2514 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostNutzo, on 14 September 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Frustrating isn't the word, downright idiotic is- try to enjoy this as a new player and everyone and their mother is sealclubbing as low as possible with fully specialized planes - god i enjoy fighting guys with 1000's of hours when i barely have any. this game is as unfriendly to new players as humanly possible without just giving them a pistol to shoot themselves. i gave this game a try, but clearly i'm not wanted here, goodbye.

i hear your pain, brother      vets are almost impossible to beat, except when every possible break goes your way

we've asked many times for vet-free low tiers or at least make our bullets do half damage, but that's just not the russian way

my flight partners and i only shoot bots in low tiers, until a red human rolls up a score equal to ours

then we let the dogs out

LMG #32 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2343 battles

View Posttrikke, on 14 September 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

i hear your pain, brother      vets are almost impossible to beat, except when every possible break goes your way

we've asked many times for vet-free low tiers or at least make our bullets do half damage, but that's just not the russian way

my flight partners and i only shoot bots in low tiers, until a red human rolls up a score equal to ours

then we let the dogs out

I just avoid low-tiers altogether, I have no business there. Though sometimes I consider taking a dive as to help get the new guys a few wins, but I'm not guaranteed to be on their team and not the clubber's :(

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Bobby_Tables #33 Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4356 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostNutzo, on 14 September 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Yeah, I got my rear end handed to me for a long time until I figured things out.  Then I still got it handed to me but at least could win from time to time.  

The thing is, the teams are random, so sometimes you will be up against real good players and sometimes they will be on your side.  As long as you do not try to move up the tiers too quickly, you should be able to contribute.  

In much earlier versions, you could die then hop into another player's pixel plane and see how they played.  That doesn't work so well anymore unfortunately.  

Anyway, if you are only 63 battles in and ready to throw in the towel, the game might not be for you.  It takes a lot of persistence to figure out what to do + looking up things like Basic Fighter Maneuvers to learn even more.  But.... if you don't want to invest time and effort to learn, then OK, Bye.  

Zaikadi #34 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1031 battles

Nutzo,

If you want to see the bright side of this game, go up the Soviet line and get the I-15 and I-16 (e). They are fun even in a loss. I have 22 kills in one of my I-16 (e) battles, and I'm a novice. I stopped at the I-17, which is great, too.

The British line all the way to the Spitfire is also good.

For the fast, less maneuverable fighters (boom & zoom), I have been enjoying the P-40.

Unjust_Chaser #35 Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:31 AM

Airman Basic

• 1132 battles
I know how you feel; this Summer Storm event is a waste of time; I have been playing for 2 hours now, and am stuck at 1 win. Predicating winning prizes on winning games is just too frustrating. I quit playing this game about a year ago because of how frustrating it was. Started up again a week or so ago, and it is still as frustrating as before. Guess I will just uninstall it. 

Zaikadi #36 Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1031 battles

I had the same experience yesterday and now today. Each afternoon, it seems like I get in a long series of losses as if it's intentional. I mean solid losses, no wins at all. Then, last evening, I had about 70% wins to 30% losses, and the game felt normal, where I was able to contribute to the victories. Why don't get get a solid streak of wins like the losses? Right now, afternoon, I'm in the middle of a long series of losses once again. Nothing I can do to change it. The sectors all change red while I'm trying to win one sector. I can only be in one place at a time.

[Addendum: Yay, finally a victory. Moved from P-40 to Hayate. The key is if the team can at least not lose all sectors right away. This time, After defending the sector I helped win, I had a chance to join my team and support them in gaining back the sectors we had lost. That's how it should be. Took control of a military base and earned 120 gold.  This is a good time to stop for a while. Tonight for another 120 gold, I'll try to take down a bomber flight, which is fun.]

Edited by Zaikadi, 16 September 2018 - 07:44 PM.

pyantoryng #37 Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

That's probably why I don't like lower mid tier...too slow to respond quickly to the changing situations and when you are fast enough you are too weak to matter.

I got enough wins in my GAAs to start gain boxes in a timely manner every week (except for the Invasion that I gamed the mode and spammed J7W3 with some help from tier 4 multiroles)

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Zaikadi #38 Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1031 battles

HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS LOSING STREAK??????

The past few days have been horrendous for me. and it just continues. I just came home to relax and play after a long day. All losses so far, except one game when my team clobbered the enemy and my I-17 was too slow to engage in the battles. It's like the game is torturing me.

In the past few days, I've had about 30 battles and about 5 wins. I go to a sector, I help turn it blue, the rest are all red. I fly around trying to take them, but by the time I have shot down enough planes to switch them over, it's too late. The enemy has enough early points that, even if we end up with more sectors, they reach 400 or 800 points first. I want to shoot down bomber flights, but if I do that, it takes me away from the sector battles where I'm needed.

Most of the problem is not the human players on my team. There are 2-4 humans on the team, and we normally occupy the top four positions almost every battle. It seems that the allied bots hang around between the sectors, rather than going into them and trying to take them. The enemy bots seem to be smarter. I remember one battle where my team's bots were scattered all over the map searching for Starbucks or Waldo or something, and the enemy bots and humans stayed together, mainly in a single red mass, flying from sector to sector turning them red. How did the humans on that team manage their bots?

I just had a typical one of these frustrating battles. I went with my Bf 110 E to help 3 bots take a sector. I went in with them, and they completely abandoned me, all 3. I was hit by defense planes, red enemy, and AA fire. My plane was shot down. While I was respawning, my team lost ALL of the sectors.

It's disheartening because I usually score as one of the top two in player points and almost never below the fourth. For example, in the last battle I fought last night, I had 3 chevrons and more player points than everyone on the opposing team--and we lost. [Edit: This just happened yet again] The better I do, the worse my team does.

I had a couple of good battles, one of which I Aced my Ki-84, but otherwise, just defeat after defeat. I've been trying to grind planes and it is a lot slower with losses. If I get a win, the XPs go up fast, and I think how great it would be if I at least won half the battles.

This has been going on for days. Really, is this game trying to turn me away? It really seems like someone hates me at WG.

Edited by Zaikadi, 27 September 2018 - 11:14 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #39 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3095 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

It happens. My longest losing streak was two weeks, not long after Albion.

My answer was to flight as much as I could because sometimes that's all it takes to break a streak and other times misery loves company :p

Ever since I've been flighting with trikke, I've never suffered more than two more-or-less losing days so ignore him when he starts saying he isn't a great pilot :p

trikke #40 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2514 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

watching our videos is so interesting to me...   

i can see and hear myself making poor decisions, and i can even remember what i was thinking at the time...   it just sux

they help me more than you know...   i can see that my choices affect you, and i apologize, brother

Zaikadi, i hope that you can find a friend to flight with, a kind, patient, longsuffering friend 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users