Clan Ratings or Catch 22

Clan Ratings catch 22

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12777 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Can we ever fix the clan ratings system? 

If you have ever wondered how you can improve your Clans' Rating, WG has, on your clan page, a convenient guide called Ratings Tips.  That's the good news.  The bad news?  It's completely bogus.

Tip # 1;  Average battles per day.  The Flying Knights (FK) are second only to OWSS in average battles per day (by a slight margin).  Yet FK is at # 17 with 16 clans ranked ahead of it.  Why?

Tip# 2,  Personal Ratings.  This has been frozen in time since 2.0 came out 10 months ago!  Why?

Tip # 3.  Number of Tier X planes with at least one battle in your member's hangar.  Take an inventory with your members of the amount of Tier X planes your clan actually owns.  You will be amazed at how few of them  actually show in the clan inventory.  Why?  

As a side note, not ONE bomber shows in the inventory.  NONE of the 10 bombers currently in the game are in the inventory.  Why?

Tip # 4.  Listed as THE most important tip is 'Strength and Progress'.  WTH does that even mean?  Since I came to FK 10 months ago, we have gone from less than 25 members to almost 100 today.  That ain't strength and progress?  What is?

So I guess the Catch 22 is 'Here is how to improve the rating'.  But it doesn't work.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

EZP_MRKARP #2 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3986 battles
there will never be clan wars so it dont matter

Bluegoose02 #3 Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2612 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
I would be happy to have a real rating system that doesn't depend on so heavily on win/lose when most high tier battles depend so much on your stupid bots doing there jobs. And your bots have the smarts of a noob.  

El_Mulo #4 Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9386 battles

View PostEZP_MRKARP, on 06 September 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

there will never be clan wars so it dont matter

I'm trying to help WG with that.

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Pidgeon Kicker will help, and Blindfold words were positive.  Please read and comment.

Edited by El_Mulo, 06 September 2018 - 05:48 PM.

What we say to death?

bradk62 #5 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:51 PM

Senior Airman

• 2475 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

The Clans were an important part of WOWP until 2.0 when they essentially went unsupported. 

The individual Personal Rankings were critical to the clan ranking and pilots flew regularly to avoid dropping their ratings and hurting their clan.  My clan regularly purged inactive member and recruited new/better members to move up in ranking. 

It was a way to participate and be a part of something bigger than yourself and your own "win rate". 

This would be a (relatively) easy improvement to the game and I'm not sure why they've left it so long.  I see only upside for restoring this functionality.

Why are we adding new game modes, nerfing, rebalancing, re-nerfing and re-rebalancing planes  when something this simple could so easily be done.

Please start by restoring the clan rankings.  How hard could it be? 

I'm sure there was $'s (or gold) involved in formation of clans so it would help WG's bottom line as well.

bradk62

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users