Handicapping

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

wingman4u #1 Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 5658 battles
  • [SF] SF
It is bad enough that MM occasionally creates mismatches(OK frequently) but is it really necessary to nerf my plane mid-battle when I am about to carry the match anyway.  I know we all hate losing matches when our team clearly has 2 or 3 of the highest scorers but shutting down an opposing player to make the "right" team win is ridiculous.  Example,  At the start of a match I destroy three air defense bots in seconds,  but in the middle of the match(when its apparent Red will have more competent scorers than green) it takes 3 to 5 time longer to kill anything.  Find some other way to screw me,  nerfing my plane mid battle is just insulting.

Cenotaph #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

The only real egregious handicapping I have noticed...

Are those random ghost rounds that hit you when you're nowhere near a red or neutral cap, or planes...

Are we expected to believe that somehow, some farmer in a field with a bolt action rifle manged to get a pot shot off and crit your pilot/engine/wing... about 5 seconds before you -actually- engage an enemy.     Best case, you don't get crit... but it still halts your regeneration process due to "combat"

It feels like an artificial method to influence the outcome of battles, in a biased way.

Edited by Cenotaph, 05 September 2018 - 07:24 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Gullygnome #3 Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1820 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 05 September 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Are we expected to believe that somehow, some farmer in a field with a bolt action rifle manged to get a pot shot off and crit your pilot/engine/wing... about 5 seconds before you -actually- engage an enemy.     Best case, you don't get crit... but it still halts your regeneration process due to "combat"

It worked in Flight of The Intruder.

Nerf farmers pls

SonicPariah #4 Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Postwingman4u, on 05 September 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

It is bad enough that MM occasionally creates mismatches(OK frequently) but is it really necessary to nerf my plane mid-battle when I am about to carry the match anyway.  I know we all hate losing matches when our team clearly has 2 or 3 of the highest scorers but shutting down an opposing player to make the "right" team win is ridiculous.  Example,  At the start of a match I destroy three air defense bots in seconds,  but in the middle of the match(when its apparent Red will have more competent scorers than green) it takes 3 to 5 time longer to kill anything.  Find some other way to screw me,  nerfing my plane mid battle is just insulting.

There is no action that takes place to nerf planes mid-match. This is not something that happens.

View PostCenotaph, on 05 September 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

The only real egregious handicapping I have noticed...

Are those random ghost rounds that hit you when you're nowhere near a red or neutral cap, or planes...

It feels like an artificial method to influence the outcome of battles, in a biased way.

To my knowledge, "Ghost Rounds" have been corrected. If it is still happening, please let me know and we will look into it further.

Cenotaph #5 Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostGullygnome, on 05 September 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

It worked in Flight of The Intruder.

Nerf farmers pls

It becomes less believable when you're 1.5-2km up..

Edited by Cenotaph, 05 September 2018 - 08:19 PM.

Cenotaph #6 Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSonicPariah, on 05 September 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

To my knowledge, "Ghost Rounds" have been corrected. If it is still happening, please let me know and we will look into it further.

Were ghost rounds corrected for Invasion mode... or just the current iteration of Conquest?

Because it still happens...

And please tell me you guys finally fixed the broken Attrition mode maps, that keep coming back every time you guys use it.

View PostSonicPariah, on 05 September 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

There is no action that takes place to nerf planes mid-match. This is not something that happens.

I'm guessing that he might be thinking intermittent latency, is actually the server throttling his effectiveness.. because the weekend was pretty choppy...

Edited by Cenotaph, 05 September 2018 - 08:38 PM.

LMG #7 Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2373 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 05 September 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

I have been indeed hit by Ghost rounds lately. Might have been Invasion introducing all the old bugs that never got patched, but I'd still have a look in case the fix got reversed, knowing that issues like that have already happened before :amazed:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Cenotaph #8 Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

We seriously need to find a way to get the Devs to listen to us when we tell them that they keep reintroducing old bugs every time they use Attrition and Invasion.

Because for whatever reason... they don't seem to care about fixing the bugs... as evidenced by the constant refusal to even admit they happen...  :sceptic:

SlappedbyRommel #9 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2020 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostLMG, on 05 September 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

I have been indeed hit by Ghost rounds lately. Might have been Invasion introducing all the old bugs that never got patched, but I'd still have a look in case the fix got reversed, knowing that issues like that have already happened before :amazed:

Maybe its a question they don't how just get the game out at any cost? But really Sonic/Blind ghost rounds are still active had in both normal play and invasion? Damn farmers

Gullygnome #10 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1820 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 05 September 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

It becomes less believable when you're 1.5-2km up..

*nurf gold rounds for farmers

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 14452 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

It does happen.  Seems to be an agreement on this issue.  Except of course, WG

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SenatorTH #12 Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2397 battles

I would wonder about some other strange things happening. Like:

1) Start of the match. I'm on a fast LF, flying to a garrison quite near to me, but far from red team. Almost enter it - BANG, 40% of circle is already red. No enemy planes, no nothing. wth?

2) I'm defending a sector. 60% of the circle is blue, one enemy GAA flying on it, I shoot it down - BANG, sector becomes red. wth?

Such situations appear quite often, really doesn't add to the mood.

LMG #13 Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2373 battles

View PostSenatorTH, on 05 September 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

I would wonder about some other strange things happening. Like:

1) Start of the match. I'm on a fast LF, flying to a garrison quite near to me, but far from red team. Almost enter it - BANG, 40% of circle is already red. No enemy planes, no nothing. wth?

2) I'm defending a sector. 60% of the circle is blue, one enemy GAA flying on it, I shoot it down - BANG, sector becomes red. wth?

Such situations appear quite often, really doesn't add to the mood.

Probably an ally dying inside the sector, the GAA blowing up something big to get the cap, or in the case of sectors your team controls ADAs crashing into something. I've had times where I go into a sector, toss a few bombs, and it just so happens that an ADA flew right into the bomb right as it goes off. I've also had allies smashing into buildings at the start of a match while trying to ground pound at top speed, and if there's an enemy nearby the other team gets credit for the kill :facepalm:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

blindfoId #14 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 05 September 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

And please tell me you guys finally fixed the broken Attrition mode maps, that keep coming back every time you guys use it.

The problem with Command Center not sending bombers (Albion Map) seems to have been fixed something about a month ago, after the last time Attrition Mode was used. Though we have no chance to see the fix in-game till today. If the problem still remains, we would greatly appreciate any reports. 

It would be greatly appreciated as well if the cases of Ghost Rounds in Conquest Mode were reported too.

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 14452 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
Are high ping rates being used to handicap games?  With almost 10K bomber flights, I have come to believe they are.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

EZP_MRKARP #16 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4640 battles
its just the tip of the ice burg

Cenotaph #17 Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostblindfoId, on 06 September 2018 - 01:16 AM, said:

The problem with Command Center not sending bombers (Albion Map) seems to have been fixed something about a month ago, after the last time Attrition Mode was used.

That's a bit of good news, if it holds true...

In the future, please perhaps react a bit faster... we've been telling you guys about it for a long time... and usually we were told "it's been fixed already".

Just getting you guys to understand that bugs fixed for Conquest are still present in Attrition or Invasion, took months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users