Questions on Premium Planes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

qu33kKC #1 Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:36 AM

Senior Airman

• 2843 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Based on some recent posts, and my own observations*, I have a question for the more experienced players here.

"are there Premium planes that are too good?"

The Premiums that I have are freemiums and Gift planes, and are clearly not OP, although the Snowflake plane ( I-207/4) is a RIDICULOUS amount of fun in the right circumstances.

disclaimers: 

1:  no, I don't plan on buying anything based on feedback.

2:  less than a year in, not trying to restart long-standing arguements

3:  * I saw a LOT of Chain Lightnings over the weekend.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2763 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Chain Lightnings can be a handful but they're not OP IMO. The only Premium that was truly OP was the RB17.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #3 Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2034 battles

There seem to be two kinds of premium planes in WoWP, the ones that are variations of an in-line aircraft (like the 50 variations of the Spitfire V and P-40 we have) and the ones that are completely different to what you usually see in their respective nations (like the Airabonita and the Airacobra).

The first type tends to be sidegrades or straight up worse versions of their respective planes, sometimes with a gimick to compensate like the reargunner on the IL-2 (mod.) and the russian P-40 with rockets. In the case of the sidegrades, some of them can be regarded as upgrades as they could fix core issues or downsides of the in-line aircraft, which can be seen on the German Spitfire V, though people at most tend to label them "strong".

The second type can either be really good or really bad, sometimes both. These are the ones that people can really see as OP since there's usually little to nothing to compare them to. An infamous example being the RB-17, as it's the only Bomber above tier 6 in the game right now. We can't compare its performance to another bomber and see where it sits balance-wise; the closest you can compare it to is GAAs, which play completely different to start with. Before the nerfs it pretty much outdid every single GAA at the tier stats-wise and even in practice (with really good players being able to challenge tier 10 GAAs reliably from what I'm told) and being faster than nearly every aircraft at its tier aside of heavies. That said, it can't be said just how strong for a bomber it truly is, mostly because there's no one to challenge it in its role

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

EZP_MRKARP #4 Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3932 battles
most of them are good in one way and bad in another , planes flys good but guns suck or guns good and planes suck

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:29 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Rule of thumb for premium planes is that they are generally designed to be slightly less powerful than their tech tree counterparts but with higher credit income. 

Plenty of planes have broken this rule at one time or another, some have been nigh on OP, but you can count on your premium plane you've paid money for will get nerfed at sometime or another.:)

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Bluegoose02 #6 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2612 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
Yes it will be and it will not feel good when you realize it.Just fly it once after every update to find out when they do it because they will not tell you in update notes.

EZP_MRKARP #7 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3932 battles
tweak then planes again and again and....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users