Jump to content


Low Tier Daily missions


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Buncey #1 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 2923 battles
  • 28
  • [-ES-] -ES-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

This has become something of a bit of a trigger for me lately. I think we can all agree we want more people playing the game, less bots and more humans will make everyone enjoy the game more.

However I can't help but wonder if new players are leaving after getting farmed / slaughtered by much more experienced player around Tier 3 & Tier 4.

I'm not going to name people in here, but there are some people who really need to leave the newbies alone and stop stat padding.

There are a whole list of people who are regularly top 10 players on weekend events who I only ever see when doing the daily missions and I'm doing the Tier 1-4 missions. I've only rarely seen them play even at Tier 6, something needs to be done to protect new players from people with thousands of games of experience. eg I've just done a battle against a player who has a bit over 10K battles. This player has done over 3K battles at Tier 4 and 2,500 of those are in 2 super maneuverable troll planes.


Clearly new players need to be protected from players like this, who are doing nothing more than stat padding, on players who are still learning the game.

 

My suggestion is that Tier 1-4 not be eligible for missions. Presently it's Tier 1-4, 5-7 and 8-10. I'd suggest making it Tier 5, 6-7 and then 8-10.

 

I know you can't stop people from playing what ever tier they want to play, sadly these people are just putting there own stats ahead of the good of the game and turning new players away. however if Daily missions start are Tier 5, they may cut back and give the newbies a chance to learn without getting trolled by 10K plus veterans.

 

Thoughts?

 



nwlxn12 #2 Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1408 battles
  • 212
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
You can only protect them for so long.  At some point they have to go into the deep end of the pool.  I would say the low end daily include tier 4.  Tier 4 is where the planes differences start to become more defined.

Battlementca #3 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 4380 battles
  • 20
  • Member since:
    09-28-2017
Personally, I don't fly anything under tier 5 anymore (unless there is a specific mission for them like awhile back when there was a "boot camp" special for lower tiers) because the planes are just so darn slow. But I do agree new players should be sheltered until they get the hang of the game. Maybe some additional filters for new players to prevent them from being matched with game veterans is another solution?

Martymart1976 #4 Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:14 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4009 battles
  • 241
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    12-19-2013
So you get rid of t 1-4 missions...what happens, people farm in tier 5... With your logic then people will complain of being farmed still at a higher tier.  Tier 5 will be the new tier 4 and below? So when does it stop then according to your viewpoint?  Why does WG sell tier 2 3 and 4 premiums then?  Obiviouslu they encourage gameplay at this level.  Is it wrong if someone like playing biplane for instance and is a decent pilot.  Look, I get your point...we were all baby seals once. However at one point, we reached out and grabbed the club meant for us and fought back... Thoughts?

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12777 battles
  • 667
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

I see newbies in premium planes on Tier 6 who still haven't learned that light fighter with its' fantastic guns ain't designed to take out ground targets.  Maybe a certain number of games before being turned loose in anything above T 4?

 

Why not a sandbox mode strictly for the noobs with less than (fill in the blank) battles?


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Martymart1976 #6 Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:25 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4009 battles
  • 241
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    12-19-2013
What? I looove capturing mining plants by banging away at them with my 30 cals! Say it ain't so Capt'n!  Lol!  

von_Krimm #7 Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

    Feedback Airedale

  • Community Ace
  • 435 battles
  • 1,348
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012
one portion of making tiers 1-3 more new-player friendly would to be disallowing spec'd planes into battle unless there is another player in a spec'd plane of the same class available for the opposing team.  i'll even put forth that doing this for tier 4 would also be of benefit, but i am not as sure of this assertion as for Tiers 1-3.  lastly, as a ponderable, what about keeping spec'd planes in t4&5 to the bottom of the tier spread ( i.e t4 spec'd sees t5 and t5 spec'd sees t6) when there are no other spec'd planes available of the appropriate tiers?
I like my <CENSORED> like I like my <CENSORED> ; aged <CENSORED> to <CENSORED> years and mixed-up with <CENSORED> .If you take fire from the spouse-AA about the former, launch flares and dump chaff: $$$visa$$$amex$$$vonKrimm2.png

Martymart1976 #8 Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:50 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4009 battles
  • 241
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    12-19-2013
One thing that I have noticed is equipment drops in tier 1-4 are better.  You get more airframes and mechanical parts at these tiers than others.  I believe WOWP does this on purpose making dropped equipment show up at different tiers to encourage playing at all tier levels.  Personally, I "farm" airframes and mechanical parts at tier 1-4 when I get low on these.  I "farm" the other resources at other tiers when I get low on them.. Solution- balance drops more evenly across all tiers to let players know "its okay to play higher tiers, your getting the same stuff as the lower tiers". Also, make the drops random as to what you get, not specifically tied to a tier system.  Thoughts?

ArrowZ_ #9 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

    Captain

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
  • 3,268
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostMartymart1976, on 05 September 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

One thing that I have noticed is equipment drops in tier 1-4 are better.  You get more airframes and mechanical parts at these tiers than others.  I believe WOWP does this on purpose making dropped equipment show up at different tiers to encourage playing at all tier levels.  Personally, I "farm" airframes and mechanical parts at tier 1-4 when I get low on these.  I "farm" the other resources at other tiers when I get low on them.. Solution- balance drops more evenly across all tiers to let players know "its okay to play higher tiers, your getting the same stuff as the lower tiers". Also, make the drops random as to what you get, not specifically tied to a tier system.  Thoughts?

 

I didn't know that. Good info! Always low on mech parts and airframes. Sadly this doesn't help what the OP is talking about. I find tiers 4 and lower really easy to exploit wins. So If I go down there It wouldn't take long for someone to label me as a cheater or a bot clubber with a side of seals... :trollface:


Edited by ArrowZ_, 04 September 2018 - 10:04 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist


Greg_Pattinson #10 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:10 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7296 battles
  • 116
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018
I keep hearing about farming new players and seal clubbing.  I just started playing 3 months ago and I honestly didn't know that was even a thing until I got to higher tiers and started reading the forums.  I also played with ZERO equipment or consumables.  I didn't even know how to use that feature until I got to tier 6.  I just spent all the silver I had buying equipment right before the change to the new equipment system.  so all the seal clubbing that is supposedly going on didn't dissuade me from playing.  I could even start a new line and get up to t5 in a day.  I have a few planes where I only played one battle and got enough xp to research all the modules and the next plane.  I don't think its as big a problem as people make it out to be.

Martymart1976 #11 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:11 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4009 battles
  • 241
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    12-19-2013
Arrow Z, true your right it doesn't fix anything as per OP.  One thing we as vets can do, fly against these guys, then offer to fly WITH them next game and show them the ropes.  Made some good friends this way!

El_Mulo #12 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:11 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9386 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

View PostBuncey, on 04 September 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

This has become something of a bit of a trigger for me lately. I think we can all agree we want more people playing the game, less bots and more humans will make everyone enjoy the game more.

However I can't help but wonder if new players are leaving after getting farmed / slaughtered by much more experienced player around Tier 3 & Tier 4.

I'm not going to name people in here, but there are some people who really need to leave the newbies alone and stop stat padding.

There are a whole list of people who are regularly top 10 players on weekend events who I only ever see when doing the daily missions and I'm doing the Tier 1-4 missions. I've only rarely seen them play even at Tier 6, something needs to be done to protect new players from people with thousands of games of experience. eg I've just done a battle against a player who has a bit over 10K battles. This player has done over 3K battles at Tier 4 and 2,500 of those are in 2 super maneuverable troll planes.


Clearly new players need to be protected from players like this, who are doing nothing more than stat padding, on players who are still learning the game.

 

My suggestion is that Tier 1-4 not be eligible for missions. Presently it's Tier 1-4, 5-7 and 8-10. I'd suggest making it Tier 5, 6-7 and then 8-10.

 

I know you can't stop people from playing what ever tier they want to play, sadly these people are just putting there own stats ahead of the good of the game and turning new players away. however if Daily missions start are Tier 5, they may cut back and give the newbies a chance to learn without getting trolled by 10K plus veterans.

 

Thoughts?

 

 

I can't be more in disagree with you!

1st:  There are 5 Tier 1 planes and another 25 in Tier 2.  What I mean?  That they got 30 planes to learn HOW TO play.

2nd: In Tier 4 shouldn't be "newbies", if there are is because someone is researching in a linear way, reaching that Tier in a few number of planes. (Basically his fault)

3rd:  All those experienced players you mentioned were unprotected "baby seals" sometime ago and they made their learning process without any drama..

4th: IMO is more difficult to win a battle (trying to do a daily)  in low tiers due to people that, for example, attack ground with a Light Fighter or try to get a Bomber with a Ground Attacker stalling repeatedly.

5th:  HOW will you make the daily missions without playing the Tiers 1-4 ?

6th:  I love to play with ALL the aircrafts, specially those 1930 prewar ones. Why I've to lose that?


Let them grow in the hard way (as we ALL did), they probably are leaving cause they don't get what to do (today I played with a newbie in T 3 who said to me that a Garrison is more important than a Mining Plant, off course we lost).

Sometime ago I posted a thread in which I sustained that this game HAS TO got a Test or a Boot Camp to "certify" the pilots, everyone made fun of it.

 


Edited by El_Mulo, 05 September 2018 - 02:18 AM.

What we say to death?

Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:22 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12777 battles
  • 667
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostEl_Mulo, on 04 September 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

 

I can't be more in disagree with you!

1st:  There are 5 Tier 1 planes and another 25 in Tier 2.  What I mean?  That they got 30 planes to learn HOW TO play.

2nd: In Tier 4 shouldn't be "newbies", if there are is because someone is researching in a linear way, reaching that Tier in a few number of planes. (Basically his fault)

3rd:  All those experienced players you mentioned were unprotected "baby seals" sometime ago and they made their learning process without any drama..

4th: IMO is more difficult to win a battle (trying to do a daily)  in low tiers due to people that, for example, attack ground with a Light Fighter or try to get a Bomber with a Ground Attacker stalling repeatedly.

5th:  HOW will you make the daily missions without playing the Tiers 1-4 ?

6th:  I love to play with ALL the aircrafts, specially those 1930 prewar ones. Why I've to lose that?


Let them grow in the hard way (as we ALL did), they probably are leaving cause they don't get what to do (today I played with a newbie in T 3 who said to me that a Garrison is more important than a Mining Plant, off course we lost).

Sometime ago I posted a thread in which I sustained that this game HAS TO got a Test or a Boot Camp to "certify" the pilots, everyone made fun of it.

 

 

All good points!  +1
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

El_Mulo #14 Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9386 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 September 2018 - 04:22 AM, said:

 

All good points!  +1

 

Thanks Capt.  I m really tired of people complaining about newbies.

Nobody is complaining when some rookie buy a T8-9 premium and make you loose cause he have no idea on how to use it.

07

 


What we say to death?

trikke #15 Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2276 battles
  • 1,839
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

you have your right to express your desire to kill new people

 

it's a difficult game to learn...  at the least glance at the tab key roster screen just before you shoot down a low tier human 

 

if he's not scoring much, then tag and release?        more players will solve so many wowp issues

 

good pilots can win low tier battles and get their daily missions done without killing new players...  even somewhat less-than-good ones like me can do it

 

will you consider it?     i know it's the internet and all, but will you think about it?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

GonerNL #16 Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 696 battles
  • 367
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View Posttrikke, on 18 September 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

more players will solve so many wowp issues

 

Issues like ??

Certainly not matchmaking issues ... on the EU server I've been in battles with 10,11 human players and MM still makes a mess of teams.

 

View PostEl_Mulo, on 06 September 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

Nobody is complaining when some rookie buy a T8-9 premium and make you loose cause he have no idea on how to use it.

 

Good point, very frustrating to be in a 2-vs-2 (against a flight preferably) and your team mate flies some premium tier VIII he just bought because it looks better than his tier I planes ...

 

I also fly tier I - IV, I like the planes and need the mission tokens, but I'm not out looking for noobs to slaughter ...

 


Edited by GonerNL, 18 September 2018 - 01:50 PM.

Flying on EU and NA server

blindfoId #17 Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 5 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

The feedback on Low Tiers Issues has definitely been heard. As far as I know this issue will be taken care of. Not in the near updates, but the team will have it processed. 

Thank you for your thoughts! The devs team starts investigating the ways to change the situation. 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users