When you update the web tech trees

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

comtedumas #1 Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5854 battles
  • [FK] FK

when you update the web tech trees for the planes can you please put entries in both meters and feet, and kph/mph.  This is the North American server and the US still uses feet and inches, and it would be historical.  

Edited by comtedumas, 31 August 2018 - 06:34 PM.

SonicPariah #2 Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:37 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
Will take this into consideration. Great idea.

Neblin #3 Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1865 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

As there is no SEA server, it's not *just* a US server, just pointing that out.

Your own fault for not getting with the program, but it'll help those that don't want to keep up... :)

Greg_Pattinson #4 Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

No its not just a U.S. server its a NORTH AMERICA server.  other people can use it but that's the title and the U.S. isn't the only country in NORTH America.  There's Canada too and although we have officially adopted the metric system as a country in aviation we still use imperial measurements as a way to standardize the industry across NORTH America.  In the game if you go to settings you can change it to imperial.  I did and it makes playing a lot easier because the numbers on the screen actually mean something to me now.  It does however make things more difficult if you look at the compare aircraft section of the website and compare it to the planes in your hangar with equipment that changes the stats of the plane so I really like your suggestion.  

On a related note I would really like to see the allied reporting names of Japanese planes displayed.  I have no idea what a  "ki-?? some Japanese word" is.  When I first started playing I had to look up half the Japanese planes on Wikipedia just to see what they were.  Once I looked them up and saw that they are Oscars and a Franks I immediately knew what those were.  As the Japanese tech tree expands in the future the problem will only get worse.  I know what a Val, Kate, and Betty are but I couldn't tell you the Japanese name of those planes even if my life depended on it without going back to Wikipedia.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users