Bf 110 C-6 Advice on Pilot Skillz and Service Items

Bf 110 C-6 Optimize Plane

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3632 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

So, randomly the other day after winning a battle I got the Bf 110 C-6 in my hangar complete with a 5-skill pilot and a 5-skill gunner.  I don't know what I did to win this thing.  

Long story short, early on in my WOWP life, someone recommended this to me and I bought it and then sold it.  That was the last premium plane I sold as I will never, ever sell a premium again.  

Since it has been so long since I have played this plane, do I go for gunner skills for the pilot or something else?  I figured gunner to take advantage of the 30mm derp gun, but since they are all center mounted, I am wondering if anyone has had any successful loadouts they have used.  

And for entertainment sakes, the first few seconds of this 2013 WG video of the launch of the Bf 110 C-6 are very entertaining if you have never seen it:

Believe it or not, WOWP used to have a creative marketing department.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 28 August 2018 - 05:57 PM.

GonerNL #2 Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 696 battles

Getting the C6 free is a bug ... it seems we are all doing missions for the C6 operation order and if you by accident finish them all, you the C6 without the operation order.

I actually got the plan, did some missions and used tokens for the last.

Despite the centred gun I took the sight and gunner skill, you want quick kills with this beast. Also took an engine upgrade to get away fast if I fail to finish off my intended target, get some distance and turn back.

Flying on EU and NA server

CorvusCorvax #3 Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1478 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I have owned this aircraft for a while, and if you can get the 30mm to hit, it will straight up delete LF at T4.  But the low cyclic rate of that cannon mean you have to be VERY deliberate in selecting your target and how you attack it.  It is great for taking out bombers, which can be a scourge at T4.  It is great for killing GAA, too - line up on them from behind, and derp away.  But in order to do that, improve your engines, and skills that improve your engines.

This is a German heavy fighter, which means SPEED, altitude, and boost are your assets.  Try and turn, and you will get killed.  Get low and out of boost, and you will get killed.  For the rear gunner, anything that helps you get crits on pursuers is worth it. 

I have to say, my favorite games are where it's me in this, and humans in Blenheims.  I can stand off over 1k meters and just derp them to death.  Oh, and be careful about that.  I did it to one guy 3 times in a row (not spawn camping, BTW), and he rage-quit, even though his side was winning.  We don't want humans dropping out of these matches.  :(  It really was just bad luck on his part.

Gullygnome #4 Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1742 battles
I've had my C6 forever. Had it in the hangar with no crew in it for a while now. Suddenly had a 5 skill pilot and gunner sitting in there and a 1000 extra gold which I promptly turned into tokens that got me boxes filled with parts and armored cockpits. .:D

Dru83 #5 Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2365 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I completed the operation order to get this one. I've had mixed results with it so far. I have the pilot set up with engine skills and the gunner with the crit skill. The gun is very tricky to use, but when it actually gets a hit, the result is spectacular. I find the 110 is best suited to hunting heavies, bombers, and GAs. If you can get a target to fly straight and level whether it be head to tail or head to head, the cannon is a lot easier to aim and fun things happen. It's just tricky because you can't aim the 30mm the same as the mgs, you need to lead the target more. Like the other 110s, you just have to use your speed to your advantage and if you run out of boost, speed, and altitude, you'll probably be dead very shortly.

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1478 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostDru83, on 29 August 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

I completed the operation order to get this one. I've had mixed results with it so far. I have the pilot set up with engine skills and the gunner with the crit skill. The gun is very tricky to use, but when it actually gets a hit, the result is spectacular. I find the 110 is best suited to hunting heavies, bombers, and GAs. If you can get a target to fly straight and level whether it be head to tail or head to head, the cannon is a lot easier to aim and fun things happen. It's just tricky because you can't aim the 30mm the same as the mgs, you need to lead the target more. Like the other 110s, you just have to use your speed to your advantage and if you run out of boost, speed, and altitude, you'll probably be dead very shortly.

^^^this

GonerNL #7 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 696 battles

View PostDru83, on 29 August 2018 - 01:32 AM, said:

I find the 110 is best suited to hunting heavies, bombers, and GAs.

Agreed.

I tried to BnZ fighters, but it's very hard to hit them with the 30mm's low rate-of-fire while flying fast and them manoeuvring. 110B is better for that ...

Flying on EU and NA server

XxXRolling_ThunderXxX #8 Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:43 AM

Airman Basic

• 220 battles
so what are the preferred equipment for this thing? Cover over sights? increased engine speed? I did choose the increased rate of fire on the last piece though.

SpiritFoxMY #9 Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2763 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
With all derp planes, choose Sights. It's a heavy so you could pick boost or uprate. I went with range since a 1050m range at tier 4 is hilarious. And the four 7.92s should get a straight benefit as well, seeing as they have infinite burst length anyway

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users