Event Battle Tier Range.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Buncey #1 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

Senior Airman

• 2980 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Guys I've got to say I'm a bit concerned about the wide range of tiers available, each time you run a weekend event.

While I'm sure you want to be able to include as many people as possible, I'm left to wonder, what is my motivation to grind towards high end planes?

When ever these events are on, I still play the same as I would during the week. I get all my first win of the day battles out of the way for the XP boost, then look at what planes I'm grinding. If I then struggle to find a battle, I drop down until I can get regular battles with hopefully 2 or 3 humans on each team and to not have to wait for several minutes in each queue.

Over the last 6 months I've found more and more often, that playing Tier 6+ (esp Tier 8+) ends up with a 5 min~ wait time, and then on 90% of occasions it's 1 human player on each team. Conversely you can jump into a Tier 4 plane and get a battle within 20 seconds and have 3-5 humans on each team. I've found when ever I come up against players who consistently finish top 10 for these weekend events, they are in Tier 4 or 5 battles. There is one person who I only find playing Tier 4 or 5, I've never come up against them in a battle at Tier 6 or above.

Is this the type of End Game content that Wargaming had in mind for World of Warplanes? We have no Clan Wars / Global Map or Ranked Battles in the game at present, surely there has to be something to drive people to the higher tiers? Personally if it was my call, you wouldn't be able to play Tier 4 & 5 planes for these events. To be honest I'm not even sure Tier 6 should be included, I would be looking at Tier 7+ and leaning towards Tier 8. Give people a reason to play higher tiers. 

At present playing Tier 8+ is a 5min wait, then a 1 v 1 battle that is quiet often decided by bots...…..

Come on Wargaming, give us some High Tier action and the Warplane community a reason to grind towards these planes at the end of the Tech Tree, because at the moment, it's a very lonely game at Tier 8+.

ps

Screen Shot below was taken over the weekend - ie first week of Summer Storm, and this was only a Tier 6 Queue

https://imgur.com/iHDAa4r

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14538 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
How many times have you waited in the queue and read most players are playing (the tier below yours)?  You think of all the times (too frequent) where you were in a battle with higher tier players.  When is it your turn to be the higher tier player?  It's seems to be rare.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bluegoose02 #3 Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2672 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
 I feel your pain everyday and I worked hard to get those high tier planes that rarely get played because all your battles are against bots.And when you only get parts for winning ,having your win determined by your bots doesn't help at all. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users