Game placing me in battles I did not play.

results afk

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Rooster__Cogburn #1 Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:23 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2108 battles
  • [-OB-] -OB-

So after finishing a battle that I won I got a battle report that I had lost. This did not make sense to me until I started looking for the replay a little while later. There isn't one, the battle I won is there but the two battles that took place near the battle report time stamp are wins. I also had a player message me that was in the losing battle asking if I disconnected? Which I had not, I wasn't in his battle. So how is it possible to win one match but get a loss in a match "you" didn't fly in but "your" name and plane were present in?

I have attached screen shots of the battle result and the replays I have for that time frame in my World of Warplanes folder, none of which are Road to  Roam Outpost, and the client log that I think was from that same time frame. So while I was playing my XF5U in one battle, it looks like I was afk in another battle.

Attached Thumbnails

Attached Files

Edited by Rooster__Cogburn, 26 August 2018 - 04:56 PM.

Cenotaph #2 Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
If you queue'd up for a match, but then cancelled it... sometimes the game doesn't care, and will drag your plane into a battle without you... and it will still be in your hangar available to fly.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Rooster__Cogburn #3 Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2108 battles
  • [-OB-] -OB-

I didn't I went from one match to the next with out pause. This also happened at least once yesterday when I was grinding.

Cenotaph #4 Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Well, that's even more "impressive"... looks like the most recent patch wasn't as unflawed as I initially suspected.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Zaikadi #5 Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1250 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Twice, now, I have seen results of battles I didn't fight, but which included my plane. In both cases, my team lost and scored 0 points.

This morning, I started the game and saw a results screen with 0:800 points for my team and 6,997/153/7 stars for me. My plane (MiG-3, the last I used in a legitimate battle) achieved nothing and was shot down twice. I was ranked 8th in my group. The time stamp was 2:00, when I had tried to sign on, but was given the message that the server was under maintenance.

Two days ago, I had just finished playing a very good battle, where I scored about 10 kills and finished atop my team in XPs. Listed right after this game that I had just finished was another battle with the same plane (I-17), as if it had flown in two battles simultaneously. The results were similar to the MiG-3 one this morning.

Favorite planes:

Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate  |  Kawasaki Ki-102   |  Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien  |  Bell P-39N1 Airacobra  |  Heinkel He 111 H2  |  Polikarpov I-17  |  Curtiss P-40  |   Mitsubishi A6M5  |  Nakajima A4N  |  Messerschmidt Bf 109 B  |  Messerschmidt Bf 109 E  |  Polikarpov I-16 (e.)  |  Fairey Fantome  |  Me 410 Hornisse

blindfoId #6 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:31 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Thank you for the log! The issue has been around for some time but lack of information complicates the process of investigation. The more details we get, the more chances that the causes of the bug will be discovered soon.

I passed along the information to the team, thank you once again. It is really appreciated.

toshiaki_virgin #7 Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2711 battles

It is the result of my ghost battle.
That occurred during "no income bug" proofing.
I canceled battle queue once.

initial, 2 505 550 free xp.

Spoiler

after battle, 2 505 557 free xp.

what...wait....+7 free xp? what? why not +68 free xp...?

Spoiler

I noticed that another battle result.

ghost battle result.

+7 free xp by my ghost...oh... sorry for combat group humans.

Spoiler

Interesting.

J_57 #8 Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• 996 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
Just to throw my two cents in. The same thing is happening to me. Today my Ar68 was in two battles I didn't play. One of the games was a win and the other was a loss.

Edited by J_57, 30 August 2018 - 05:39 AM.

blindfoId #9 Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
I am really grateful for the amount of time and effort you put into gathering and providing us with the information about the issue.  It was exactly what we needed! The team created a bug report and is currently working on the issue. Hope it will be resolved soon!

Also tagged with results, afk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users