Looking for help with a project

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Davidinlv #1 Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:03 AM

Senior Airman

• 1243 battles
  • [THC-] THC-
I am currently looking for all sound files for basically all wargamings World of games because I want to create custom Windows themes with true in game sounds for different Windows notifications for each game. Problem is I have no clue where to find the sound files and how to use them. I do know that when I go to put them in the Windows sound Scheme I have to have them in wave format and know that I will likely have to do some cutting and editing of the sound files to make them sound the part for the notifications. Does anyone have any clue how I can access these or have a copy of the direct sound files I can get my hand on? These themes BTW will be available to anyone that has interest in them if I can get the sounds added to them.

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Not sure why you'd want to do this but:

The sound files are located in the folder res/packages in a sound .pkg

to extract the .pkg, change the extension to a .zip (in this case it's safe to do this) and then extract.

The sound files are in a special file format that you need a special converter to change into a usable .wav file. I may have it, but you may want to look around for it first. 
I have not found what files control what sounds are used. I have only found the source sound files.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users