Summer Storm

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

MelBrooks #21 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Arrow, ah you diplomatic fellow, call it what it really is. This event is not a a Summer Storm, it is a colon storm. Please have the developers remove their heads from their rears. Thank you.

ArrowZ_ #22 Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:42 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

View PostMelBrooks, on 28 August 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Arrow, ah you diplomatic fellow, call it what it really is.

Iz wat I do meng... :bajan:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Blu_Drache #23 Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:01 PM

Airman Basic

• 1327 battles
  • [AWWBV] AWWBV

View PostArrowZ_, on 27 August 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

The obvious answer would be in-game top left UI next to tokens. If you're looking for a big list of possible operation orders you can obtain during this event I haven't seen nor heard of a link that shows such info. From what I can tell it's focused on the new USSR bombers and some of the premiums ranging from lower tiers to higher tiers. The most recent 2 ops I got was the Pe-2 and the 109TL. Activated one just to see the mission info, which btw is another silly design flaw. You should be able to see the mission requirements before even thinking of activating the ops. order... :facepalm:

And you guessed it, I let it expire because of reasons already stated above. Not sure how long the 109TL will remain in the Ops order list but I doubt I'll have enough motivation to do it. I've heard its got some real big hoops and hurdles of missions just to complete in under 24hrs without tokens. Just read on reddit one guy spent ~10 hours just to get that premium... wow. Is this the idea of fun to WG and these devs?

Absolutely right on the obvious answer, but yeah that's what I was looking for is a big list of possibilities. I did notice that if you go into the Tech Tree and look at the different nations, there's a little blue paper that shows in the bottom right corner of some of the planes indicating what is available via Operation Orders. Only ones showing, however, are the U.S.S.R bombers III, IV, V and a couple Germans. I ended up with a tier V premium order for the German "HE 100 D-1", but I don't see it in the Tech Tree anywhere...even for purchase as a premium. I can say that it took me about 4 hours and 4 tokens to get that one...and yes the WG and their Devs really need to be a little more realistic with this stuff.

I also noticed that you can't look at the Operation Order requirements before starting the operation and that would be GREAT...

These Operation Orders and the supply crates have the feel of playing carnival games, if you get my drift.

Blu_Drache #24 Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

Airman Basic

• 1327 battles
  • [AWWBV] AWWBV

I might have found a listing of all the planes you can possibly get as operation orders, in case anyone is interested,...I started here "https://worldofwarplanes.com/warplanes/germany/tree/" and just checked the different Tech Trees. It seems that any plane with a present box on it is a "Special Aircraft" instead of simply Premium. The HE-100 D1 is shown on there as special as are some of the U.S.S.R bombers.

blindfoId #25 Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles
I've collected the most frequently asked questions in the topic . If you consider I need to add some kind of information, please, notify me. 

thelittlebruiser #26 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Airman Basic

• 146 battles

Maybe you guys can help me.

I've just started the operation order for the spitfire.

The first step is to destroy 10 planes in one mission.

I've done it twice. Once in a tier one plane and the other time in a tier 4 plane.

The task remain incomplete in my operation order list.

Why?

BuffaloTime #27 Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

• 7010 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View Postthelittlebruiser, on 28 August 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

I've done it twice. Once in a tier one plane and the other time in a tier 4 plane.

Why?

1. Tier 1 doesn't count 
  2. Missions can only be done while event is active. Weekends.

Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

thelittlebruiser #28 Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:40 PM

Airman Basic

• 146 battles

Are you telling that I just activated a 24 hours time limit mission that simply can't be done because it only work during the week end ???

It cannot be that dumb.

BuffaloTime #29 Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:48 PM

• 7010 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View Postthelittlebruiser, on 28 August 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Are you telling that I just activated a 24 hours time limit mission that simply can't be done because it only work during the week end ???

It cannot be that dumb.

sorry,  thought it was event mission. Operation order mission should work. 10 aircraft does not include air defense 

Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

SonicPariah #30 Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:29 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Postthelittlebruiser, on 28 August 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

Why?

Was that including ADA or just enemy Planes? Please note that if it says "Enemy Planes" it means just the enemy teams planes. It may also say Enemy Fighters or some variation.

Blu_Drache #31 Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:56 PM

Airman Basic

• 1327 battles
  • [AWWBV] AWWBV

View Postthelittlebruiser, on 28 August 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

Why?

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but in addition to what SonicPariah and BuffaloTime have said does the mission also say anything about winning the battle. I, too, often shoot down 10+ planes, but if I don't win or if they are not all aircraft of the opposing team then it doesn't get met, unfortunately.

GonerNL #32 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:06 AM

• 800 battles

View PostLuckyOwl, on 24 August 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Is it just me or the mission is pretty hard?? (in every type of planes)

Especially the 2nd mission for capture is too hard IMHO.

For fighters it's OK, stay over a base and shoot lots of planes. But for GA it's very difficult, you have to completely destroy targets and to get more points you have to attack several bases in your slow GA ...

This event (even more than previous) is fun for players who got loads of time and can stay online 24/7 from Friday Thursday to Sunday. For players with a life (ie. family, job, house ... they call it a life) there just isn't enough time for these missions.

Maybe WG should have a good, hard look at their player base ... I see more complaints about the amount of time this event asks.

Edited by GonerNL, 29 August 2018 - 09:14 AM.

Flying on EU and NA server

allenr #33 Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1638 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I agree with Goner, this event is great for all the retirees that can play 16 hours a day to meet their objectives,

all us others that have to slave for a living and can only contribute an hour or two a day get minimal returns.

I did score 100 gold , thank you, but didn't even attempt to get a box.

Can you not make the next event a full 24/7 event for all players , not just your top time players?

ArrowZ_ #34 Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

View Postallenr, on 30 August 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

Can you not make the next event a full 24/7 event for all players , not just your top time players?

I too would like to see this happen for future events. hint feedback hint  :P

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users