• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #21 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:01 PM

Captain

• 784 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I'm not going to listen to your end of the world predictions... lalalalala

El_Mulo, on 12 August 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

I know that.  But which isyour proposal?

Also the forum will close some day Ace, if WE don't try to do something.

IDK you but i'll try  to give some ideas, no mater I know they probably don't gonna read it.

Mulo ===> Mule, therefore STUBORN.

my ideas are in my post...

you forgot how to translate to logic from insanity

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #22 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:20 PM

Captain

• 784 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

translation:

register 6 players to a team rotate them as you wish

but only those 6 may participate once registered

here you go...

red vs blue

run in 2 player flighted battles

6 flights vs 6 flights

sides are drawn every round

that is 12 teams total

elimination- keep track of teams personal w/l

24 games total

use tiebreakers

if you can get enough run 2 wars side/side

winner bracket ~ wildcard bracket ~ loser/wildcard bracket

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CorvusCorvax #23 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Sounds good!

Reitousair #24 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7429 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

While OP's idea for clans isn't actually a half bad one for competitive clan wars, for casual clans it's not all that great.

Part of the fun of a clan can just be the social aspect, and a larger clan means potentially more people to chat with and work with, my few remaining friends are one of the only reasons I still play. It would also be a bit of a nightmare to organize all of the clans as I can imagine there would be groups of clans that work together or are in a tiered format (head clan, sub-clans, satellites and the like) which could lead to a whole set of issues on its own.

Still, maybe there could be such a thing that if the game somehow gets the population and attention, that you could create/join competitive clans which fit the mold OP made? So you can be in a regular casual clan or shift to a competitive one where you're expected to be ready for clan wars rather than signing up for it.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #25 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

I have commented your idea to the guys of my clan and there is no conclusion, they are still debating, so I'm just going to give you my personal opinion at the moment, then I will put the opinion of my clan.

I really want to see the game grow and have a game 100% pvp, I'm tired of the bots. Your idea does not seem good or bad,  I just think this is not going to change anything at the moment. The developers have already clarified this matter in the post "Questions to the developers", (clan activity is not a priority) and I prefer it to be that way.

If Presha has only 5-10 people working to solve the problems of the game I prefer that they put all their efforts into that and not into something else.

What is the order of priorities according to my opinion?

N°1 Fix the Bugs.

-

-

-

-

-

N°50 clan activities

We also know that Persha is a small studio and I don´t know to what extent they receive support from Wargaming.  The forum is full of people asking for all kinds of things, more planes, more maps, more game modes, changes to the statistics of the hall of fame etc etc etc... the list goes on and on. Obviously they can´t cover more than one thing at a time, are you going to keep insisting on these things and at the same time you want them to fix the bugs?...you have to choose one thing, both at the same time it does not seem possible.

Let's say that your idea is put into practice and a tournament is organized, I imagine the players going to battle and experienced black screens, crashes, lag, and all these server problems. Have you noticed that in the last months this situation has increased in which in 75% of the battles there is at least one player disconnected per team?

This game has more bugs than the beta of Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect: Andromeda combined!!!, I can´t believe that this game is on the market, they should roll back to the Alpha status, and put it on a test server.

Yes, of course there are players who have left because they don´t like the current game mode, but there are also many who have left because of the poor game performance.

Therefore, let's deal with clans and clan wars when the game stabilizes its performance, when (thanks to that) little by little the population increases, when the game has 10,000 or 12,000 players connected per day.

And at that moment I think we will no longer be debating about the number of members of the clans, but about what the tournaments should be like.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #26 Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:20 PM

Captain

• 784 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 12 August 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

I have commented your idea to the guys of my clan and there is no conclusion, they are still debating, so I'm just going to give you my personal opinion at the moment, then I will put the opinion of my clan.

I really want to see the game grow and have a game 100% pvp, I'm tired of the bots. Your idea does not seem good or bad,  I just think this is not going to change anything at the moment. The developers have already clarified this matter in the post "Questions to the developers", (clan activity is not a priority) and I prefer it to be that way.

If Presha has only 5-10 people working to solve the problems of the game I prefer that they put all their efforts into that and not into something else.

N°1 Fix the Bugs.

-

-

-

-

-

N°50 clan activities

We also know that Persha is a small studio and I don´t know to what extent they receive support from Wargaming.  The forum is full of people asking for all kinds of things, more planes, more maps, more game modes, changes to the statistics of the hall of fame etc etc etc... the list goes on and on. Obviously they can´t cover more than one thing at a time, are you going to keep insisting on these things and at the same time you want them to fix the bugs?...you have to choose one thing, both at the same time it does not seem possible.

Let's say that your idea is put into practice and a tournament is organized, I imagine the players going to battle and experienced black screens, crashes, lag, and all these server problems. Have you noticed that in the last months this situation has increased in which in 75% of the battles there is at least one player disconnected per team?

This game has more bugs than the beta of Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect: Andromeda combined!!!, I can´t believe that this game is on the market, they should roll back to the Alpha status, and put it on a test server.

Yes, of course there are players who have left because they don´t like the current game mode, but there are also many who have left because of the poor game performance.

Therefore, let's deal with clans and clan wars when the game stabilizes its performance, when (thanks to that) little by little the population increases, when the game has 10,000 or 12,000 players connected per day.

And at that moment I think we will no longer be debating about the number of members of the clans, but about what the tournaments should be like.

:great:

agreed, fix the bugs first and do nothing (no art work) until it runs smoothly without major issues...

that being said,

now if WG could pony up some gold for prizes we could get 12 to 24 teams (note, not clans) together

we could also do a community run WoWP 2.0 WARZ of which I would be in charge... hehe JK

really, 50,000 pixel gold would get a lot of people interested...100k even more

it's been done before and it could be done again...

the trick is keep it quick and simple... done over 4 weekends, no bullcrud

rules that are cut and dried... no bullcrud

all gold split between all 6 players, no bullcrud

don't worry about "spirit of the game" bullcrud...

if it's not in the rules you can do it, no crying... we'll fix it next WARZ

Captain_Underpants53 #27 Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14452 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 12 August 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

N°1 Fix the Bugs.

-

-

-

-

-

N°50 clan activities

Exactly!  +1
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

El_Capo65 #28 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:30 AM

Senior Airman

• 3145 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
The idea is not so bad, the problem is that they already said that they will not give more importance to the clans at the moment. Another good idea, it would not be that they organize a racing event, for example. WG has already done it in WoT, where a circuit is assembled and we all run in the same car. I do not know, the format of the idea they already have, you could build a circuit in some deserted canyon or in a skyscraper city and run.The idea is not so bad, the problem is that they already said that they will not give more importance to the clans at the moment. Another good idea, it would not be that they organize a racing event, for example. WG has already done it in WoT, where a circuit is assembled and we all run in the same car. I do not know, the format of the idea they already have, you could build a circuit in some deserted canyon or in a skyscraper city and run.

MAJ_Radmo #29 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1172 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Yes the clans are too big ... But then again when they change the game mode to 2.0 three quarters of my squadron or clan Is not playing the game because their super pissed off , It's like playing cheap PlayStation game or war thunder which is also crap ! I hope the game developers soon will get their heads out of their asses and start listening to their players like world of warships...  Thanks for posting take care.

El_Mulo #30 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10718 battles

View PostEl_Capo65, on 13 August 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

The idea is not so bad, the problem is that they already said that they will not give more importance to the clans at the moment. Another good idea, it would not be that they organize a racing event, for example. WG has already done it in WoT, where a circuit is assembled and we all run in the same car. I do not know, the format of the idea they already have, you could build a circuit in some deserted canyon or in a skyscraper city and run.

It has been done a lot of time ago. It was called follow the leader.

What we say to death?

El_Mulo #31 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10718 battles

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 12 August 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

N°1 Fix the Bugs.

-

-

-

-

-

N°50 clan activities

I think you may be don t understanding what I said.  Off course the priority (the highest one) is to fix the bugs, the hughe ammount of bugs we have in all their variety.   But that will not attract people . Just is a fix that must be done (and quickly) or the game will be dead.  Also I adhere to the idea of not going forward with any decorative changes.  But I think that something must be done to stop the bleeding and for that is that I m asking for ideas..
Anyway thanks for the reply

Edited by El_Mulo, 16 August 2018 - 01:01 AM.

What we say to death?

CorvusCorvax #32 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 August 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

:great:

agreed, fix the bugs first and do nothing (no art work) until it runs smoothly without major issues...

that being said,

now if WG could pony up some gold for prizes we could get 12 to 24 teams (note, not clans) together

we could also do a community run WoWP 2.0 WARZ of which I would be in charge... hehe JK

really, 50,000 pixel gold would get a lot of people interested...100k even more

it's been done before and it could be done again...

the trick is keep it quick and simple... done over 4 weekends, no bullcrud

rules that are cut and dried... no bullcrud

all gold split between all 6 players, no bullcrud

don't worry about "spirit of the game" bullcrud...

if it's not in the rules you can do it, no crying... we'll fix it next WARZ

I'm in.  I'd team play for a share of 50k gold.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #33 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

I understand your point, i get it.  Do you remember the event we organized a few months ago? 4 clans participated, many players participated and even though we had a great time the problems were present all the time,
if the purpose is to reorganize the clans into smaller groups so tournaments can be organized, ok, no problem with that, but if we talk about a tournament we also talk about a competitive event, so for some players it would not only be a matter to participate but also to win, having said that, and knowing the problems the game has, I do not think that the players will be interested in such an event if the guarantees are not given for the event to be played without any problems and in a fair way.
Would you agree to participate in a tournament knowing that it is more than likely that you and your team as well as the opposing team have technical problems?
crashes, lag, ping, black screens, planes taking no damage, low fps, Very low fps, server disconnections...
People are already complaining about the problems they have with the game in its current state so we could expect an even worse reaction when it comes to a tournament.

To be honest, if the players continue to leave the game that's more than good for me, because there will come a time when there will be no users and they will have to cancel the game and consider what they did wrong and maybe in a few years we will see a World of Warplanes 3.0 ..It will not be perfect, but it will surely work fine,... I hope so.

LBAEZ #34 Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 263 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Been playing since beta .Good concept might work hey the status of warplanes the way it is now it's in the craphole active players lots of the Vets left and even myself I left for 6 months hoping the game would get better but I'm all for the idea of trying to have more active Clans by lowering the numbers I would love to have Clan Wars when I was in Aces High we just have scrimmages with Dracs we at that time  were rank#2 and breezy ran a rough ship.so yeah whatever  can put a spark back in the game .Commander LBAEZ Black flight squadron

Noreaga #35 Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Before a discussion can be had on clans we really need to answer 3 important questions.

Given the PVE state of the game, what is the point of a clan and what benefit is there to join one in WOWP? i can kill bots alone 

Is WG going to get their E-sport section for WOWP back in operation? it should not be player run 

will that stupid specialization be removed for clan activities? (see below)

its been proven that player run events are not ideal, despite the incredible job of the last player run CW. unless WG e-sports is going to step in and take care of logistics prizes, and advertising (especially this) this discussion is a little moot. This is  part and parcel of the entire critical path problem wowp has and does still have. Unless Persha decides what game they want to be and stick to it. There is never going to be enough high tier interest to warrant true clan activities. Especially since no vet, is going to accept Specializing a plane they already have hundreds of games in (well except that guy who always says he was a wg employee).

In terms of social clans... it currently seems perfect to me. No goals,end game, or pvp challenge.

anyway all the best.

Nimis obnoxii curare

El_Mulo #36 Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10718 battles

Summary:

1. We the players can't do much more than pointing the hugh ammount of bugs the game has. To solve that is something that WG must do, and I believe what they said about it. A word more on bugs, they didn't prevent a lot of people  played almost 3 days without sleeping.

2. What we can do is to present some proposal so that WG don't repeat the past events (IMO quite boring).  That's why I wrote this.  I prefer a tournament between 20 clans (not teams) than attrition/conquest events. 

3. Why clans of 24 players max? They can manage various issues, 

A. The time zone/play time hour must be the selection criterium.

B.  If they got 24 active members max it will be easier to select who will be playing each battles.

C.  Having a wider base of clans would allow clan based events, that will be, for sure (IMO), far more fun.

D.  Probably will make lone players (as myself) to create or join a clan.

E.  I hope better events would dragg back some more players, veterans or not, and stop the leaving. I'm (we're) really tired of losing friends.

Finally, I wish to thank everyone who wrote here and/or sent me pm answering the topic, I appreciate them all, no matter if they support or not this.

Still I'm waiting for an official reply to this idea, and off course any proposal from you, brothers in digital air.

See you up there.

El_Mulo.

Edited by El_Mulo, 23 August 2018 - 12:28 AM.

What we say to death?

pigeon_kicker #37 Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1551 battles
  • [SF] SF

This does make some sense, from both sides, but also hurts the teams.

They did this in WoWs, limited clan member count I mean.

I have heard that sometimes with only 40 members allowed it is sometimes impossible to get 12 on at the same time.

And other times it is not an issue.

Another point is if both teams can get full rosters, if not, well you know what happens.

One must also remember that a clan can own more than one territory, thereby they would need more than one team.

This is where the 100 slot roster helps and the 40 hinders greatly.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

El_Mulo #38 Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10718 battles

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 16 August 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

This does make some sense, from both sides, but also hurts the teams.

They did this in WoWs, limited clan member count I mean.

I have heard that sometimes with only 40 members allowed it is sometimes impossible to get 12 on at the same time.

And other times it is not an issue.

Another point is if both teams can get full rosters, if not, well you know what happens.

One must also remember that a clan can own more than one territory, thereby they would need more than one team.

This is where the 100 slot roster helps and the 40 hinders greatly.

I'm not thinking in a map based competition, I'm thinking more in a 5 battles between clans (may be 12 or 10 members per side) with simple elimination, but I'm not sure about that. 

About the number of members,  that 24 is not permanent at all, this reduction should be temporary and the number should increase if the population grows. This reduction is meant to give the game and the clans some "life".

What we say to death?

blindfoId #39 Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

Really wise thoughts voiced here. Thank you so much for you structured feedback. I'll pass along the information with the link to the thread attached. As soon as I get any updates on the issue, I will share it with you.

And one more thing. 

If you do have any ideas of tournaments/contests/other in-game activities, please, share them as all ideas are welcomed! We will discuss the suggestions, help with the organization, funding and informing. 

pigeon_kicker #40 Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1551 battles
  • [SF] SF

NACCW-NA Clan Wars website link

NACCW-NA Web-Stats report

Enjoy, PK

Edited by pigeon_kicker, 17 August 2018 - 05:17 PM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users