Clans and clan's war.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

nwlxn12 #41 Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 17 August 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Really wise thoughts voiced here. Thank you so much for you structured feedback. I'll pass along the information with the link to the thread attached. As soon as I get any updates on the issue, I will share it with you.

And one more thing. 

If you do have any ideas of tournaments/contests/other in-game activities, please, share them as all ideas are welcomed! We will discuss the suggestions, help with the organization, funding and informing. 

Anything that has to be run from a training room or requires players to police the rules themselves is a NO GO for me.  These have been done in the past and they always turned into a drama-fest.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #42 Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postnwlxn12, on 17 August 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

Anything that has to be run from a training room or requires players to police the rules themselves is a NO GO for me.  These have been done in the past and they always turned into a drama-fest.

"they always turned into a drama-fest"

that's a plus... right?

hehe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

EM1O #43 Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 1400 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

make it get fixed faster/better? go open source.  keep your gold (real money) revenue copyright lock on the premium Stuff.  you still make money, you have thousands of coder-geek fanboys around the world giving you free development, happy pilots--even more if you do a gnu licensed port to linux, and ride with the valkyries to Steam heaven. win/win/win/sin, but still money.

-O

"...oh Great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Our Dead."

CorvusCorvax #44 Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1453 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostblindfoId, on 17 August 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

And one more thing. 

If you do have any ideas of tournaments/contests/other in-game activities, please, share them as all ideas are welcomed! We will discuss the suggestions, help with the organization, funding and informing. 

While this is not a clan-specific request, I do have one - rewards for playing could be giant piles of parts.  First victory of the day gives 5x salvage - which could also be a victory reward in a clan battle.  It works for weekend events and for clan battles.

More people = better, right?

mnbv_fockewulfe #45 Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:12 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostEl_Mulo, on 11 August 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

I was thinking about this and realize that having clans with 100 members is really nonsense!
Imagine some day we reach to have those clan wars that we want, the Commander of each clan would have to choose 12 leaving 88 outside the fun.

I also think that if we (brutally) low the population of each clan from 100 to 24, that would have some positive effects:

1) The number of clans will have to increase, may be we got 20-30 active clans.

2) That increased number of clans would allow a kind of tournament.

3) The tournament will surelly increase the interest of people in the game, making some veterans to return.

4) Finally, the commanders decisions will be easier.

Just an idea,

Unfortunately, your idea is short sighted.

If you were to reduce the clan member numbers:

1. You'd have to have more commanders

2. Commanders would have to spend gold to create said new clans

3. Not many people at all are going to like spending real money just to be associated with their friends when they previously didn't have to.

Then what happens when the population actually increases? Keep the numbers low, or raise them again?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

El_Mulo #46 Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9134 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 20 August 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Unfortunately, your idea is short sighted.

If you were to reduce the clan member numbers:

1. You'd have to have more commanders

2. Commanders would have to spend gold to create said new clans

3. Not many people at all are going to like spending real money just to be associated with their friends when they previously didn't have to.

Then what happens when the population actually increases? Keep the numbers low, or raise them again?

I think that WG will have to reduce the canon for creating new clans.  Allways is better to grab some monney than grab nothing, what is (IMO) about to happen.

That canon could be paid by all the members, not in equal parts but, for example 23 pilots would pay an small amount of gold and the Commander the rest.

May be also WG controls the number of clans by releasing a XX number of Commanders licenses (just an idea).

If the population grows the number of members of each clan could be raise or not, making possible the existance of more clans.

Bigger clans will allow differents events, or this type but with more participants, or the same event but with more clans, IDK.

The idea is to do something different than stay looking how the game dies. You know what is that doing the same looking  for differents results.

I like when someone points problems like this, but would like more if he contributes with some solutions.

Edited by El_Mulo, 21 August 2018 - 03:28 AM.

What we say to death?

Noreaga #47 Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

reading this thread again, its clear that the simplest solution would be another game mode (not to replace the current one) like the competitive version over at WOWS or strongholds in WOT. Dont even need clans for it, just set it at 5,6,7 vs 5,6,7 and offer increased rewards and season prizes. allow players to being to invite and or reserve spots so you can team up with your mates and solution found.  This also would be preferable as they wouldn't have to completely re code the clans as well.

No idea why half a decade in we still don't have something ships got within the first years, but i also question if this would have a positive effect. i have a clan that does CW and competitive stuff in ships and i still don't show up... 

Nimis obnoxii curare

LBAEZ #48 Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 109 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
its a great idea 30 members maxed for each clan

LBAEZ #49 Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 109 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I agree 30 members maxed good idea

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by LBAEZ, 05 October 2018 - 01:33 AM.

pigeon_kicker #50 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1399 battles
  • [SF] SF

As I have previously said. but do not remember where when how or why.

I really don't think that the game population would really allow for clans dropping numbers from 100 to 30.

It is hare enough getting 15 or 20 to show up on a consistent basis sometimes.

At least the way it is now there is a sort of strong and structured foundation to build on.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke....

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users