Clans and clan's war.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

El_Mulo #1 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

I was thinking about this and realize that having clans with 100 members is really nonsense!
Imagine some day we reach to have those clan wars that we want, the Commander of each clan would have to choose 12 leaving 88 outside the fun.

I also think that if we (brutally) low the population of each clan from 100 to 24, that would have some positive effects:

1) The number of clans will have to increase, may be we got 20-30 active clans.

2) That increased number of clans would allow a kind of tournament. 

3) The tournament will surelly increase the interest of people in the game, making some veterans to return.

4) Finally, the commanders decisions will be easier.

Just an idea, 

Edited by El_Mulo, 11 August 2018 - 10:01 PM.

What we say to death?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

2 dozen clams seems about right

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

hamhockjones #3 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8887 battles
I like that idea.. very good mulo

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:43 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posthamhockjones, on 11 August 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

also... i'd be like NASCAR...

Darrell Waltrip "Boogity Boogity Boogity"

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

sandtiger #5 Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:11 AM

Master Sergeant

• 11519 battles
i find this interesting .. but i not sure how they can shorten a clan i mean people play with there clan because they like the way the team works and they get along for the most part so i not sure how the bigger clans would feel about splitting up but very interesting topic 

El_Mulo #6 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

View Posthamhockjones, on 11 August 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Thanks. 

Please tell your friends to read this and give their opinions.   May be we can contribute to produce a change.

What we say to death?

El_Mulo #7 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

View Postsandtinger, on 12 August 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

i find this interesting .. but i not sure how they can shorten a clan i mean people play with there clan because they like the way the team works and they get along for the most part so i not sure how the bigger clans would feel about splitting up but very interesting topic 

The only way I see is compulsively, setting a date from which the rule will be valid.
To be honest, and I has been in two clans, not every one there is fine with all the rest so the division wouldn't be so much traumatic.

Also, WG will have to modified/cancel the price that is set to create a new clan, but that is the part they must pay in order to try this idea.  In the future, and if this work, they can establish a new amount of gold to create a clan.

Edited by El_Mulo, 12 August 2018 - 03:57 AM.

What we say to death?

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3612 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Meh, from what I have seen:

Clan with 80 members, at best, 25% play semi-regularly = 20 regular players

"Clan Warz" maybe draws in 40% of those semi-regular players = 8 and maybe 3 to 4 of the non-players who like human-on-human competition.  8+4 = 12.

There's your team.  I don't see any WOWP clans with 100 members where all 100 members are active and regularly playing.  I see at best maybe 15 on at one time and that is an outlier and not the norm.  

So I think as is it is fine.  If the population quadrupled,  It would still not be an issue.  

Also, since Persha has no plans to introduce clan wars or even any clan type activity in the near or semi-distant future, any clan warz would have to be community driven.  That decreases the active player base by at least another 25% so getting 12 people from one clan is a stretch for any non-sanctioned event.

As I said before, I am a terrible organizer but someone should create a forum wars event where only forum posters with X amount of posts could participate.    

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 12 August 2018 - 04:24 AM.

Ronald_Jenkinson #9 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3289 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBobby_Tables, on 12 August 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

"Clan Warz" maybe draws in 40% of those semi-regular players = 8 and maybe 3 to 4 of the non-players who like human-on-human competition.  8+4 = 12.

There's your team.  I don't see any WOWP clans with 100 members where all 100 members are active and regularly playing.  I see at best maybe 15 on at one time and that is an outlier and not the norm.  

So I think as is it is fine.  If the population quadrupled,  It would still not be an issue.  

Also, since Persha has no plans to introduce clan wars or even any clan type activity in the near or semi-distant future, any clan warz would have to be community driven.  That decreases the active player base by at least another 25% so getting 12 people from one clan is a stretch for any non-sanctioned event.

As I said before, I am a terrible organizer but someone should create a forum wars event where only forum posters with X amount of posts could participate.    

Also some, if not most, clans include members from multiple time zones, one of the reasons you only see a portion of a clan active at any given time. I think getting 12 players, from a clan of 100, ready and willing to participate in an event at a given time would not be as easy as you think.

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12598 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostRonald_Jenkinson, on 12 August 2018 - 07:14 AM, said:

Also some, if not most, clans include members from multiple time zones, one of the reasons you only see a portion of a clan active at any given time. I think getting 12 players, from a clan of 100, ready and willing to participate in an event at a given time would not be as easy as you think.

I agree completely.  Our clan of 96 has, day in and day out, 45-50 active flyers every day.  We rarely have had to sit people out.  But this might have also been a function of the 'training room is closed' bug.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

El_Mulo #11 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 12 August 2018 - 04:13 AM, said:

Off course I know that clans got a lot of people that don't play the game regularly, but i think the incentive of human vs human could drag some into competition.  
In my favor, you have to admit that a "light prize" (500 gold a day and some planes parts) event as the one we carried last weekend got people that didn't sleep meanwhile it last.  So I think the problem of the time in which it would develop is not a great one.

I don't have "hard" data about how many people participate in it, but basing me in my first position (after first battle)  near 3000 people played it.  Give me 15%  of that population and we got near 450 players.  Enough to organize 20 clans of 24 pilots each).  Also only 12 of that (max) 24 will take part so they don't need to reach that number .  Moreover you could reduce the number to 10 pilots per side.  I would kill to play a 10 vs 10 battle, don't you?

And I know maths doesn't apply exactly here, but still I would give this a chance.

What we say to death?

Bluegoose02 #12 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2607 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

I like the idea but finding people who will play a reasonable amount of time each month is not easy. And with the game changing and being buggy ,it's hard to keep their interest.

El_Mulo #13 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

View PostRonald_Jenkinson, on 12 August 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

The time zone problem could be overcome by making that event in 2 differents schedules.  One for East time and one for West time.  Then the finalist would meet in a non comfortable hour for both (the middle).

What we say to death?

El_Mulo #14 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

View PostBluegoose02, on 12 August 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

I like the idea but finding people who will play a reasonable amount of time each month is not easy. And with the game changing and being buggy ,it's hard to keep their interest.

I know, and I dislike so many changes and bugs as all (well, except Prenzlau, Mars and Blucraft....ok).  

What I m trying to do here is to find a solution that flip the direction of this (direct to the game's cemetery).

I m also trying to get the help of all to do this, I know I m not the owner of the truth, so any idea would be well receied.  I m asking for some kind of "brainstorm" here.

To end PLEASE tell all your contacts/friends to have an opinion on this.  THANKS.

Edited by El_Mulo, 23 August 2018 - 12:16 AM.

What we say to death?

MelBrooks #15 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
It's not a bad idea Mulo, but the game in this state would be a hard sell. Most of the players that stuck around from the old clans went to other ones that are still active. DRACS, SSG, WS, and many others have hardly anyone playing. OWSS, HVAR, DOW, FK now seems to be ones with the most players. Dividing up the actives currently, I think it would be real tough to get enough teams out there to make a good tournament. WG would need to throw in some very solid incentives to increase the turnout, and then it will be stretch in my opinion. They need more players period. Guys are not going to come back to play clan wars until some semblance of order and corrections are done. Persha has burnt too many bridges and ignored customer feedback in NA way too long I believe. 

Edited by MelBrooks, 12 August 2018 - 05:51 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #16 Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:33 PM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMelBrooks, on 12 August 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

It's not a bad idea Mulo, but the game in this state would be a hard sell. Most of the players that stuck around from the old clans went to other ones that are still active. DRACS, SSG, WS, and many others have hardly anyone playing. OWSS, HVAR, DOW, FK now seems to be ones with the most players. Dividing up the actives currently, I think it would be real tough to get enough teams out there to make a good tournament. WG would need to throw in some very solid incentives to increase the turnout, and then it will be stretch in my opinion. They need more players period. Guys are not going to come back to play clan wars until some semblance of order and corrections are done. Persha has burnt too many bridges and ignored customer feedback in NA way too long I believe. 

^ he's right, you know that

CorvusCorvax #17 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1470 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostBobby_Tables, on 12 August 2018 - 04:13 AM, said:

^^^This is correct.  I am a member of a clan formed back when Quake was *the* online FPS, and we connected to servers via telephone modem. Yes, I am old.  My elderliness aside, we had 50 clan members.  Only 8 could play at a time on one side.  We had our own dedicated server, and we filled it with our own clan once.  ONCE.  Sixteen players, during a time when it was really the only online game, out of fifty, who were all active on our clan forum.

I know that JG52 has a lot of members.  More than 50.  But on any given night, there are 1`0 of us online, playing various games.  WoT, WoWS, WoWP - and if we all decided to focus on WP, we might be able to scare up a full 12 for a side.  Those other folks in the clan wouldn't even know that there had been a clan battle until after.  And I think quite a few wouldn't care.  Now, if our clan had a contest to see who got to represent in a WoWP clan war, I'd like to think that I'd be within the 12 best pilots.  But truth be told, some of my clan mates can kick the crap out of me in the skies, and I just might not make the cut.

But I doubt we'd have to worry about being over-stocked on clan war pilots.

El_Mulo #18 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 August 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

^ he's right, you know that

I know that.  But which isyour proposal?

Also the forum will close some day Ace, if WE don't try to do something.

IDK you but i'll try  to give some ideas, no mater I know they probably don't gonna read it.

Mulo ===> Mule, therefore STUBORN.

What we say to death?

El_Mulo #19 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 August 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

^^^This is correct.  I am a member of a clan formed back when Quake was *the* online FPS, and we connected to servers via telephone modem. Yes, I am old.  My elderliness aside, we had 50 clan members.  Only 8 could play at a time on one side.  We had our own dedicated server, and we filled it with our own clan once.  ONCE.  Sixteen players, during a time when it was really the only online game, out of fifty, who were all active on our clan forum.

I know that JG52 has a lot of members.  More than 50.  But on any given night, there are 1`0 of us online, playing various games.  WoT, WoWS, WoWP - and if we all decided to focus on WP, we might be able to scare up a full 12 for a side.  Those other folks in the clan wouldn't even know that there had been a clan battle until after.  And I think quite a few wouldn't care.  Now, if our clan had a contest to see who got to represent in a WoWP clan war, I'd like to think that I'd be within the 12 best pilots.  But truth be told, some of my clan mates can kick the crap out of me in the skies, and I just might not make the cut.

But I doubt we'd have to worry about being over-stocked on clan war pilots.

The problem of time zones should be overcome with the partition of large clans into smaller, I think one of the most important criteria to form part of the news is exactly at what time you'll be avaiable to play.

May be you must "mix"  with people of other clans, or people that don't have one (like myself) but that meet that condition of time zone.

What we say to death?

Bubba_Zanetti #20 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1548 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEl_Mulo, on 12 August 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Also the forum will close some day Ace, if WE don't try to do something.

^ EGADS! :ohmy:  he's right, you know that

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You” - Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax  They just go on inventing new not-asked-for stuff before fixing what people clearly don't like ...”- GonerNL █ There is a difference between arcade and this roll your face on the keyboard simulator” - Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai  “The real question of the day: Is there room for one more quote in Bubba‘s signature? I certainly hope so.”- MelBrooks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users