Pilot Academy: Enhancement and Calibration with the MeP1102B!

Enhancement Calibration Guide Video

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Math on materials used to follow.

Edit:

The following materials were used in the crafting of gear for this tier X Me.P1102 B

280 Aircraft Frame Parts

426 Mechanical Parts

202 Weapons Parts

28 Flight Instruments

166 Heat Resistant Parts

65 Radio Electronics

Many Bothans

A couple million in silver credits, but who cares about that?

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 11 August 2018 - 11:59 PM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Cenotaph #2 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Snazzy, I'm honestly shocked you bothered to do this, and even further shocked you used your own account~   :great:

I gotta ask tho, were you offered a Press Account to use for the video... because I know that the offer had been made to, and declined by, another player.

Edited by Cenotaph, 11 August 2018 - 08:59 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

MagusGerhardt #3 Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:08 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCenotaph, on 11 August 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Snazzy, I'm honestly shocked you bothered to do this, and even further shocked you used your own account~   :great:

I gotta ask tho, were you offered a Press Account to use for the video... because I know that the offer had been made to, and declined by, another player.

Heh; no offense taken.  Last question first, I've had a press account for just over two years now.  I use it to show planes that I have not unlocked myself yet, or didn't earn through events and such.  It gets used on the rare occasion that what I want to show isn't in my own hangar already.

As for making this; everyone knows from my two review vids that I wasn't the greatest fan of patch 2.0.5's changes.  I did, however, feel the need to get some solid documentation out there about how the systems worked, as Enhancement is basically a sloping cost journey in equipment improvement...and Calibration is tossing resources down an RNG pit with a very good, very real, very considerable possibility of throwing away large amounts of resources for no gain.

Helping more players to understand the system, its benefits and its flaws is key in getting changes and necessary improvements to the new system considered and then implemented.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Cenotaph #4 Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:23 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Yeah, you are taking the right approach here... Eek actually just blocked me over an interaction about this video (on my own clans Discord, while I was talking to someone else), and the system in general.

My problem was that you could potentially spend more than it would cost to outright buy a tier 10, upgrading a single plane "How you want it", the selling point of the equipment revamp.

Infact, it could take you tens of millions, and potentially hundreds of matches worth of materials, that can only be earned in wins (an entirely different major issue).

He tried to tell me it wasn't the case, and treated me like I was just too dumb to understand how great everything was...

Even tho I personally spent more than 6m upgrading a couple planes, and only 1 has more than a single piece of Ultimate gear...   :sceptic:

The company is dragging its feet for far too long releasing the second half of the system, that "should" alleviate some of the burden... Not that people will be getting any refunds for mats wasted now.

Speaking of foot dragging... I stopped playing because of the boost bug, and their unacceptable delay in addressing it beyond "We know, we're working on it"...

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 11 August 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

A couple million in silver credits, but who cares about that?

Like I said, I spent over 6m credits trying to re-equip just a couple of planes in this new system...

While it may not seem like much to you... as a 2.0 player, with a current grand total of 0 tier 10's, and less than 500k credits left in the coffers... I assure you, they matter to some.

Edited by Cenotaph, 12 August 2018 - 12:03 AM.

ArrowZ_ #5 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:58 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

^ pretty much what is mentioned there above is the big reason why I don't want to touch the game, let alone try to gamble this heavy rng based system that is 2.0.5. Their concept of a "grind" over there at Ukraine doesn't seem to match the MMO standards of the western gaming Market. Heck it's not even this bad with Korean Mmos and their concept of a grind is more strenuous and tiresome. But it works because there's a plethora of incentives, goals and rewards that come with the grind and rng basedv systems.

Persha overlooked this crucial part big time. And 2.0.5 payed the price because ignorance and lack of foresight.

Wonder how long it will take them to bring a patch to fix their mistakes. I wager another 6months :P

Edited by ArrowZ_, 12 August 2018 - 04:00 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3612 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostArrowZ_, on 11 August 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Wonder how long it will take them to bring a patch to fix their mistakes. I wager another 6months :P

I will see your wager and raise you double.  They don't fix things like this, they tend to double down on the bad.  I fully expect their "fixes" to screw the system up worse than it is already. 

Persha logic:  How do we take a very unpopular system and make it better?  Easy, just double the complexity and the grind.  All the community managers and their men won't put Humpty Dumpty together again.   

Reitousair #7 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6334 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Not a half bad video.

I still remember one time calibrating an ultimate gunsight I blew nearly 200 mechanical parts on it because I kept on getting negative rolls. Keep in mind for a period 3 ultimate sight it's 5 mechanical parts per roll, so I did nearly 50 rolls and spent a few million credits for ONE piece of equipment.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Cenotaph #8 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:05 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBobby_Tables, on 11 August 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

I will see your wager and raise you double.  They don't fix things like this, they tend to double down on the bad.  I fully expect their "fixes" to screw the system up worse than it is already. 

Persha logic:  How do we take a very unpopular system and make it better?  Easy, just double the complexity and the grind.  All the community managers and their men won't put Humpty Dumpty together again.   

Difficult to dispute hard truth, such as this.

Edited by Cenotaph, 12 August 2018 - 05:06 AM.

Cenotaph #9 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:09 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostReitousair, on 11 August 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Not a half bad video.

I still remember one time calibrating an ultimate gunsight I blew nearly 200 mechanical parts on it because I kept on getting negative rolls. Keep in mind for a period 3 ultimate sight it's 5 mechanical parts per roll, so I did nearly 50 rolls and spent a few million credits for ONE piece of equipment.

Got a question... was the first one good rolls, or did you dismantle a few trying for good secondaries... thereby increasing the overall cost indirectly?

Shoulda put both this and the above in a single post... my bad

Edited by Cenotaph, 12 August 2018 - 05:11 AM.

The_Wild_Weasel #10 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1775 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostArrowZ_, on 11 August 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

^ pretty much what is mentioned there above is the big reason why I don't want to touch the game, let alone try to gamble this heavy rng based system that is 2.0.5. Their concept of a "grind" over there at Ukraine doesn't seem to match the MMO standards of the western gaming Market. Heck it's not even this bad with Korean Mmos and their concept of a grind is more strenuous and tiresome. But it works because there's a plethora of incentives, goals and rewards that come with the grind and rng basedv systems.

Persha overlooked this crucial part big time. And 2.0.5 payed the price because ignorance and lack of foresight.

^ I really hope they dont let this 2.05 dumpster fire last 6 months......

but Im playing a lot of new games, some old ones ..and best of all not a dime or my time for WOWP.

W_W

Zigfreid #11 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8593 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Good to see you Magus +1 and nice video!   :great:

Bluegoose02 #12 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2607 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
If they at least gave you something when your in a losing battle at least that would take away some of the hurt. I don't like playing high teir battles because you don't get anything if you lose and the battles depend so much on crap bots doing their jobs.Give us something even if we lose.

Prenzlau #13 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5654 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Just want to point out that OWSS and Flying Knights clans are doing very well and have very large participation by their members. Must be something in the water???

If the game is so bad, then should not all the fruit have withered on the vine? 

Helping more players to understand the system, its benefits and its flaws is key in getting changes and necessary improvements to the new system considered and then implemented.

I don't always see eye to eye with Magus, but he is doing a good thing and I agree with his efforts. 

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

MelBrooks #14 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Agreed Magus, I'm still sitting on a boatload of credits, I have over a million in xp sitting on elite planes that could be converted. I spent a lot time to acquire that, why would I gamble it away? I think Bobby nailed it unfortunately.

MagusGerhardt #15 Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 August 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

Just want to point out that OWSS and Flying Knights clans are doing very well and have very large participation by their members. Must be something in the water???

I don't always see eye to eye with Magus, but he is doing a good thing and I agree with his efforts. 

Prenzlau

Thanks for the support and for stopping by.  The first half of your post could have been left out.  I DO NOT want my threads turning into the threads you post in General.

MagusGerhardt #16 Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBluegoose02, on 12 August 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

If they at least gave you something when your in a losing battle at least that would take away some of the hurt. I don't like playing high teir battles because you don't get anything if you lose and the battles depend so much on crap bots doing their jobs.Give us something even if we lose.

As I mentioned in the video it seems that this much needed correction will be happening.  When, I don't know.  Hopefully sooner than Soon™.  :coin:

MagusGerhardt #17 Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostZigfreid, on 12 August 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Good to see you Magus +1 and nice video!   :great:

Good to see you as well, Erd.  Thanks for the support!  :honoring:

Martymart1976 #18 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3940 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 August 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

Prenzlau

Thanks for the Flying Knights shout out.  You got some good pilots over there at OWSS yourself!

Reitousair #19 Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6334 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCenotaph, on 11 August 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Got a question... was the first one good rolls, or did you dismantle a few trying for good secondaries... thereby increasing the overall cost indirectly?

Shoulda put both this and the above in a single post... my bad

I usually just roll with what bonuses I get during enhancement since the resource costs for building several pieces of equipment (even after dismantling the previous ones) and the luck required for "perfect" bonuses is too much for my tastes.

So no, that was only the calibration of one, single, ultimate gunsight. None of the costs induced by enhancement, just flatout calibration.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Cenotaph #20 Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

So, we can surmise that, trying to get the bonuses you want could skyrocket that cost... into the 8 digit range, or beyond (ok, that's exaggeration)... for a single piece of gear.

And an additional untold number of winning games for materials... for a single piece of gear "How you want it".

But don't worry.... after a few months of bleeding the players dry, they -might- release the rest of the system allowing rerolls on bonuses...

Till then, enjoy all the max'd out Spitfires and Pancakes that hardcore players, with 100's of millions of credits banked, are playing every day for farming purposes, everyone~

Edited by Cenotaph, 13 August 2018 - 07:01 PM.

Also tagged with Enhancement, Calibration, Guide, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users