• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Cenotaph #41 Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:45 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostGeorgePatton, on 12 August 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

Anybody could read the forums. Only people who have at least tried the latest patch should be able to post negativity about the game.

The single biggest thing that killed WoWP was Jingles and his stupid brainless 'review' that Wargaming paid for. Since then, people have been constantly bashing the game from inside the community and never giving it a chance to stand back up. Limiting people from posting if they haven't played recently would only be to make sure that all opinions being voiced are those of active players who actually know what the game is doing at the moment. I could go through any thread on this forum and tell you probably 3-5 players who are commenting/bashing at the game who don't even know what the game is right now. That needs to stop. 

Edit: This following bold text is not aimed at the quoted poster.

Wargaming is not going to go back to anybody's favorite game version. That ship has sailed. Either play the game how it is now and make positive feedback to improve the game, or shut up and leave.

Cheers!
Glenn

And what about the people that -have- played this patch, that gave months of feedback, both on forums and directly to the CM... but, refuse to participate further until WG fixes the giant holes in it?

If ever again, they need to smarten the hell up.... fast

Like the infinite boost bug exploit...

Or the incomplete equipment system that is currently a super-massive black hole on credits and resources... making the game quite P2W, and unbalanced against casual players.

Win requirement for materials also leads to players flying OP planes in flights, all day long, to farm materials to upgrade all their planes... further toxifying an already unstable population.

Or the M61 Vulcan STILL not having the correct sound...over several patches, including a sound patch they introduced that added unwanted crap instead....

A patch so poorly received, that the backlash actually made them reverse a decision and rollback the patch... However, so typical of WG to waste a ton of time and resources on something everyone hates, instead of FIXING THINGS.

Do they earn your permission to be here?

Because those are the people that this thread seems to be directed at, just like Prenzlau's usual diatribe... bad company to keep, have more self respect.

Edited by Cenotaph, 13 August 2018 - 07:54 AM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

GeorgePatton #42 Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:04 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 13 August 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

And what about the people that -have- played this patch, that gave months of feedback, both on forums and directly to the CM... but, refuse to participate further until WG fixes the giant holes in it?

If ever again, they need to smarten the hell up.... fast

Like the infinite boost bug exploit...

Or the incomplete equipment system that is currently a super-massive black hole on credits and resources... making the game quite P2W, and unbalanced against casual players.

Win requirement for materials also leads to players flying OP planes in flights, all day long, to farm materials to upgrade all their planes... further toxifying an already unstable population.

Or the M61 Vulcan STILL not having the correct sound...over several patches, including a sound patch they introduced that added unwanted crap instead....

A patch so poorly received, that the backlash actually made them reverse a decision and rollback the patch... However, so typical of WG to waste a ton of time and resources on something everyone hates, instead of FIXING THINGS.

Do they earn your permission to be here?

Because those are the people that this thread seems to be directed at, just like Prenzlau's usual diatribe... bad company to keep, have more self respect.

1. Give your feedback - it's been received. If you want to give further feedback, keep playing.
  2. I'm not aware of this infinite boost bug... Interesting.
  3. The equipment system needed to see some real-world stress-testing to see that it needed tweaking. That's being addressed.
  4. M61 Vulcan cannon - honestly not that big a deal - there's a lot of guns that don't sound like they would IRL. Maybe make a support ticket about that?

Bottom line - if you care enough about the game to be making forum posts about it, you should care enough to actually - you know - play the game. Otherwise you become one of the many voices telling others to stay away from the game because you don't find it enjoyable. 

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Cenotaph #43 Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:14 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostGeorgePatton, on 13 August 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

1. Give your feedback - it's been received. If you want to give further feedback, keep playing.
  2. I'm not aware of this infinite boost bug... Interesting.
  3. The equipment system needed to see some real-world stress-testing to see that it needed tweaking. That's being addressed.
  4. M61 Vulcan cannon - honestly not that big a deal - there's a lot of guns that don't sound like they would IRL. Maybe make a support ticket about that?

Bottom line - if you care enough about the game to be making forum posts about it, you should care enough to actually - you know - play the game. Otherwise you become one of the many voices telling others to stay away from the game because you don't find it enjoyable. 

Cheers!
Glenn

Again, dude... when there is rampant exploitation of infinite boost, I will not play, period... a stopgap fix would be easy to implement.. but they refuse to... over several patches... months.

Think about that for a second... RB-17, always boosting... or, having your ME 262 chased down by a Spitfire... because you refuse to exploit.

And the Vulcan -used- to sound "right", a few patches ago they broke it, reports were made on like, day 1... again, one of the patches since receiving multiple reports from multiple servers, was a sound related patch... with no fix, which has to literally just give it back its old sound file... and it is more important to players than you are willing to admit, every pilot I know is upset about it.

So, until fixes are in place, they will continue to face well deserved flak on the delays... feel free to not read it... but we have the right to write it.

Oh, you know what they did to tide everyone over about the delays? Bring back an alternate game mode that used old versions of maps, that had some pretty bad bugs...

Then, when people pointed out the bugs, and how it happened, (They made the mode with old versions of maps... patch after that fixed the maps, but when they bring back the mode, they keep using the old bugged maps...)

they refused to admit it... this has happened more than once... meaning, the last time they brought the mode back, before this recent one, we told them the same thing.

Some of us will continue to keep telling them, until they stop talking about fixes, and start implementing fixes...

Edited by Cenotaph, 13 August 2018 - 11:37 PM.

GeorgePatton #44 Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:02 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 13 August 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

Again, dude... when there is rampant exploitation of infinite boost, I will not play, period... a stopgap fix would be easy to implement.. but they refuse to... over several patches... months.

Think about that for a second... RB-17, always boosting... or, having your ME 262 chased down by a Spitfire... because you refuse to exploit.

And the Vulcan -used- to sound "right", a few patches ago they broke it, reports were made on like, day 1... again, one of the patches since receiving multiple reports from multiple servers, was a sound related patch... with no fix, which has to literally just give it back its old sound file... and it is more important to players than you are willing to admit, every pilot I know is upset about it.

So, until fixes are in place, they will continue to face well deserved flak on the delays... feel free to not read it... but we have the right to write it.

Oh, you know what they did to tide everyone over about the delays? Bring back an alternate game mode that used old versions of maps, that had some pretty bad bugs...

Then, when people pointed out the bugs, and how it happened, (They made the mode with old versions of maps... patch after that fixed the maps, but when they bring back the mode, they keep using the old bugged maps...)

they refused to admit it... this has happened more than once... meaning, the last time they brought the mode back, before this recent one, we told them the same thing.

Some of us will continue to keep telling them, until they stop talking about fixes, and start implementing fixes...

I've yet to be chased down by anyone using an 'infinite boost' bug. Some aircraft have a fast recharge on the boost and if you time your use well, it can appear that you have infinite boost because they other guy is overheating and then out of boost while you still have some left. It's all about managing your overheat and not using boost when you reach maximum speed.

As far as the rest of the stuff you're talking about - try the game. I haven't seen any issues with the maps or 'old modes' which I assume you're talking about the weekend thing they do?

My point - play the game so you can be more relevant. Don't just talk on the forums - it sounds like you got mad about a bug several months ago and decided to keep whining about it until the developers drop you a personal note saying they fixed the game for you. Sounds like you haven't played enough to realize that these 'issues' you're referencing (without proof) don't exist.

Cheers!
Glenn

Cenotaph #45 Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:41 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Seems like you clearly don't get it, and seem to have no idea about the -actual- current state of the game.. yet you think you can dictate what others, who know FAR more than you, can say...

Did you even read what I said, like... at all?

The broken maps were from Attrition mode... something the Devs try to use to distract people from how long it's taking them to fix things... wth man?

The point is... the game is unplayably bugged atm... unless you just don't care at all, which would kinda make your feedback useless... since you have no invested opinion.

I care... I'm mad... I know what I'm talking about...

Please fill atleast two of those criteria if you'd like to be taken seriously.

Edited by Cenotaph, 14 August 2018 - 02:46 AM.

GeorgePatton #46 Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:51 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles

That video was uploaded July 4, show me a replay made today. Replay - not video.

Cheers!
Glenn

Cenotaph #47 Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:52 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

How many ways do I need to say the words, until they address these bugs that have run rampant for months, I will not log in...

Not for free planes, not to satisfy your stubborn disbelief that this bug doesn't exist.

Nothing is new, nothing has changed... it's the same pile that I last played...

Try asking some other pilots if it exists... sheesh..

Or, read this thread, where Sonic says it exists... because searching for "boost bug" is tricky stuff.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/53448-engine-cooling-bugged/page__p__743405__hl__+boost%20+bug#entry743405

Edited by Cenotaph, 14 August 2018 - 03:03 AM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #48 Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:25 AM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCenotaph, on 13 August 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

How many ways do I need to say the words, until they address these bugs that have run rampant for months, I will not log in...

Not for free planes, not to satisfy your stubborn disbelief that this bug doesn't exist.

Nothing is new, nothing has changed... it's the same pile that I last played...

Try asking some other pilots if it exists... sheesh..

Or, read this thread, where Sonic says it exists... because searching for "boost bug" is tricky stuff.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/53448-engine-cooling-bugged/page__p__743405__hl__+boost%20+bug#entry743405

sounds like George has been compromised... ?... that is sad

the boost bug is real... all you have to do is try it...

dang... seems everyone knows except you George

don't argue, try it

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Cenotaph #49 Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:28 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 13 August 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

sounds like George has been compromised... ?

Fockewulfe was just saying the same thing... :unsure:

Here's another thread, George... by MagusGerhardt... which supports my issues on the equipment system.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/53572-pilot-academy-enhancement-and-calibration-with-the-mep1102b/page__pid__745151#entry745151

Again, try to comprehend... I am FAR more up to date on how the game works struggles to function, TODAY, than you are...

Edited by Cenotaph, 14 August 2018 - 04:43 AM.

Reitousair #50 Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6508 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostGeorgePatton, on 12 August 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Anybody could read the forums. Only people who have at least tried the latest patch should be able to post negativity about the game.

The single biggest thing that killed WoWP was Jingles and his stupid brainless 'review' that Wargaming paid for. Since then, people have been constantly bashing the game from inside the community and never giving it a chance to stand back up. Limiting people from posting if they haven't played recently would only be to make sure that all opinions being voiced are those of active players who actually know what the game is doing at the moment. I could go through any thread on this forum and tell you probably 3-5 players who are commenting/bashing at the game who don't even know what the game is right now. That needs to stop. 

Edit: This following bold text is not aimed at the quoted poster.

Wargaming is not going to go back to anybody's favorite game version. That ship has sailed. Either play the game how it is now and make positive feedback to improve the game, or shut up and leave.

Cheers!
Glenn

Well, to be honest they have a point to be negative, WoWp has changed without anybody's say so in 2.0.5 for example. I don't think people who were told to take it or leave it were pleased to watch a game they enjoyed tell them to [edited] off if they couldn't tolerate all the new changes that were suddenly added without much notice at all beyond the occasional post from somebody on some corner of the internet. While people being constantly negative is annoying, there are reasons to be and if the reason their negative isn't true then that can be disproven as well if they haven't already found out that things have changed.

Just because somebody doesn't play the game also doesn't mean they are completely out of the loop, for example I've been keeping a close eye on a game called Killing Floor 2 reading the news and seeing update previews to get an idea of what's coming in a month or two. I know that there will be a new event with enemy skins, a few new weapons, one of which is an assault rifle for the Field Medic class which piques my interest quite a bit since I'm generally the teams medic keeping everybody in shape. I've barely played the game at all in quite literally months, but I'm still somewhat knowledgeable about what's going on with the game.  In fact, you could argue that it isn't necessarily the players fault they're out of the loop when there's very little to read up on when it comes to WoWp, posts are few and far between (except weekly stuff) let alone major updates. Tripwire likes to keep the community updated on what they're doing, sure you have to go out of your way a bit to keep up with things, but the resources are at least there to see in a very easy to find format.

There are a multitude of ways to keep up with what's going on, Discord/Teamspeak servers, WoWp reddit/forums, WoWp website, Steam chat and the like. Just because somebody doesn't play doesn't mean they're out of the loop and have little to no idea what they're talking about.

In fact, you seem to not be very knowledgeable of 2.0.5 yourself. I don't intend any offense or to insult you, but you seem to be behind the times on what's been going on for the past few months. Should you be able to post on the forums when you appear to lack knowledge of 2.0.5? Sure you might be a semi-active player, but does that mean you know what's going on? Appears not, meanwhile many others who haven't played the game much at all post-2.0.5 know quite a bit about what's happening since they've been chatting with people who play and seeing how a game they once played and still care about is doing. I'm sorry but, I don't think people have to play the game to post on the forums,  once you start to interact with the community for a while and open a few channels up you can be very well up to date with what's going on without ever needing to touch the game nor rely on WG's rather sparse news.

Oh and by the way I see you want a replay: 

I recorded this just a couple hours ago and had some fun with the bug in a training room, Cenotaph posted a bug-test video I recorded and sent to WG over a month ago. As you can see, this still isn't fixed. Again, just because somebody does/doesn't play a lot at the moment DOES NOT directly correlate with their knowledge of the current state of the game.

Edited by Reitousair, 14 August 2018 - 08:03 AM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Perco_lator #51 Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

• 11 battles

View PostReitousair, on 14 August 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

Nicely said.

P.S. Activate your windows (I can help you with that)  :bajan:

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

GeorgePatton #52 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:40 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles

Hey Guys,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for being rather rude. It's not an excuse, but I've been extremely stressed with my girlfriend having an extended hospitalization process and I let that get to me here on the forums. I'm sorry. I haven't been compromised, just really super stressed.

I went ahead and did a little bit of testing to see if I could replicate the 'infinite boost' bug and had moderate success. I put the engine coolant on my I-21 and took her out for a spin and was able to replicate the bug with one limitation - the boost is not 'infinite' it only works until the coolant runs out. So you have the 7 second boost time (standard for the I-21) + the 10 seconds of engine coolant for a total of 17 seconds of boost in the I-21.

Cheers!
Glenn

EZP_MRKARP #53 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3986 battles
come  on GP are you related to marz? too many lips on WG s butt now

GeorgePatton #54 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles

Here's what came out of this for me...

Cheers!
Glenn

Cenotaph #55 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

It really all depends on how big your boost pool is as well, George...

The higher your base, the closer to infinite boost you get...

Try it with an MRF that has up to 20 sec of boost...    Or a HF... for that matter..

That you have put modified equipment on, to extend your boost time...

See the issues yet?

Edited by Cenotaph, 14 August 2018 - 11:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users