Forum Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Cenotaph #21 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
I find myself agreeing with Perco a disturbingly increasing amount these days...  :unsure:
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

CorvusCorvax #22 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCenotaph, on 11 August 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

I find myself agreeing with Perco a disturbingly increasing amount these days...  :unsure:

That probably should give you serious pause.

Cenotaph #23 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Yeah, it's a crazy world... when the Doomsayer on the corner may actually be the most "woke" person around... crazy, crazy world...   :amazed:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #24 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• 786 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

very interesting proposal George Patton but I disagree

I believe the WoWP Forum Edition Games are a place for all

at a time in history when we seem to be so divided why would you want to add to that

it just seems wrong in so many ways...

when we stifle free speech for one, we amplify the views of the opposition

the problem here seems to be...

a certain segment of the Forum Edition population are uncomfortable with opposing views

I have also noticed they are the first ones to call for censorship

I believe this speaks strongly to one's personal character

try being secure in your own personal beliefs

try it for a month see if you're not a happier person

that, I believe would improve,

World of WarPlanes Forum Edition™

2PointAdNauseam™

(aka WoWPFE™2PAN™)

a man I respected once told me:

"if you got balls, act like it and if you don't... grow a pair"

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 11 August 2018 - 10:11 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Cenotaph #25 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Here Ace, I'll donate an ® and a © for you to splice in there... :great:

™ By itself just looks lonely...  :unsure:

Edited by Cenotaph, 11 August 2018 - 10:47 PM.

Prenzlau #26 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:19 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6772 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 11 August 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

very interesting proposal George Patton but I disagree

I believe the WoWP Forum Edition Games are a place for all

at a time in history when we seem to be so divided why would you want to add to that

it just seems wrong in so many ways...

when we stifle free speech for one, we amplify the views of the opposition

the problem here seems to be...

a certain segment of the Forum Edition population are uncomfortable with opposing views

I have also noticed they are the first ones to call for censorship

I believe this speaks strongly to one's personal character

try being secure in your own personal beliefs

try it for a month see if you're not a happier person

that, I believe would improve,

World of WarPlanes Forum Edition™

2PointAdNauseam™

(aka WoWPFE™2PAN™)

a man I respected once told me:

"if you got balls, act like it and if you don't... grow a pair"

I don't agree. These forums are for the active players. The people who no longer play are like a cancer, they dish out constant negativity and do not respect any other view points or opinions. The requirements do not have to be very high, but people who have uninstalled the game or have not played in months or years have no purpose here, for they do not play anymore. 

To be fair, these forums could have a locked section for people with a minimum amount of battles in a certain time period, and another section for just anyone. Then at least the people who no longer play can hang out with others who have made the same choices, and complain all they want. 

It is impossible to discuss the game and post anything positive or otherwise without a conga line of bitter and negative posts by people who have nothing constructive to say. They just want to make people feel bad for playing this  game, and bash the game and WG. I feel that is the right of the people who at least play the game, put in their time or money. They earned the right to complain and be critical. If you are a person who uninstalled the game and quit, you do not have the right to post because you opted out of participating. 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 12 August 2018 - 05:21 AM.

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

BoredSights #27 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:32 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 303 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 11 August 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

I don't agree. These forums are for the active players. The people who no longer play are like a cancer, they dish out constant negativity and do not respect any other view points or opinions. The requirements do not have to be very high, but people who have uninstalled the game or have not played in months or years have no purpose here, for they do not play anymore. 

To be fair, these forums could have a locked section for people with a minimum amount of battles in a certain time period, and another section for just anyone. Then at least the people who no longer play can hang out with others who have made the same choices, and complain all they want. 

It is impossible to discuss the game and post anything positive or otherwise without a conga line of bitter and negative posts by people who have nothing constructive to say. They just want to make people feel bad for playing this  game, and bash the game and WG. I feel that is the right of the people who at least play the game, put in their time or money. They earned the right to complain and be critical. If you are a person who uninstalled the game and quit, you do not have the right to post because you opted out of participating. 

Prenzlau

I want you to use me as an example. I haven't played this game for many years prior to 2.0.5. When I came back and if I were stuck outside with the jaded and disgruntled players, that would have discouraged me to reinstall the game. Since then I've played over 200 battles over the last few weeks. I'm enjoying my time playing because I don't expect much from this game. But for those that have spent a lot of time and energy to upgrade their planes before this specialty and enhance/calibration RNG doo-dad, they have a good argument to be upset. I would suggest you just enjoy the game and ignore the haters. You never know who will come back. Here's to more players coming back and having a similar reaction as mine.

Edited by BoredSights, 12 August 2018 - 05:37 AM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #28 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

Captain

• 786 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

BoredSights,

very good example of how you look at this game and I'm going to guess (?) life in general

what I get from what you wrote is you made the decision to come back, all on your own

you accepted the way things are yet still "gave it a shot"

so...

you'll likely play for a while, post your thoughts on the WoWP Forum Edition Game and

if it starts to suck you may stop playing but

you should always have a right to post in this game...

it doesn't need to be complicated and full of rules to satisfy my desires

to micro manage my surroundings sucks the fun out of what should be fun

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 August 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

I don't agree. These forums are for the active players. The people who no longer play are like a cancer, they dish out constant negativity and do not respect any other view points or opinions.

do you feel everything must be in your control?

The requirements do not have to be very high, but people who have uninstalled the game or have not played in months or years have no purpose here, for they do not play anymore. 

Prenzlau

we know who you are, thanks

now... before you go off on some wild, ten tangent tirade...

let me say first, I believe you have the right to post within the forum rules

I enjoy (rarely agree) many of your posts

I believe you are a genuinely good person, so this is not an attack on you

but please try and see... the people that believe in the Forum Game as it is now played...

well, we do not feel change is necessary

it just seems to be the people who are uncomfortable with dissenting opinions from their own

try and stop being the last word and read other people's words

GL HF and god save the queen,

ABC

I know you know who I am but thanks anyway...

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 12 August 2018 - 04:28 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CorvusCorvax #29 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 August 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

BoredSights,

very good example of how you look at this game and I'm going to guess (?) life in general

what I get from what you wrote is you made the decision to come back, all on your own

so...

you'll likely play for a while, post your thoughts on the WoWP Forum Edition Game and

but please try and see... the people that believe in the Forum Game as it is now played...

it just seems to be the people who are uncomfortable with dissenting opinions from their own

ABC

It could well be that Prenzlau is fighting fire with fire.  Hmmm, the trolls getting counter-trolled?  Holy crap.

Cenotaph #30 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 August 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

It could well be that Prenzlau is fighting fire with fire.  Hmmm, the trolls getting counter-trolled?  Holy crap.

I'm going to try to get this point across to you, yet again... the entire reason I am on Ps case, is because I got sick of watching him treat everyone on the forums like they were beneath him...

Prenzlau started the damned fire... No, seriously... I'd like you to review his, and my histories... compare posts made to people that aren't each other, or reacting to others getting in the middle of our conflict

Also, WG employees don't count as people...

See for yourself if what I'm saying holds water.

Even when people agree with him, he never misses the chance to compliment their "brief display of intelligence for agreeing with him, when he finds their usual posts moronic..."

Hint: Tagging threads you make with things like "Courage" and "Having a Spine" is an overt attack, even if the content of the actual post doesn't seem very inflamatory.

No, really... look at how many tags he puts on threads, and what they say....

Edited by Cenotaph, 12 August 2018 - 08:29 PM.

CorvusCorvax #31 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCenotaph, on 12 August 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

I'm going to try to get this point across to you, yet again... the entire reason I am on Ps case, is because I got sick of watching him treat everyone on the forums like they were beneath him...

Prenzlau started the damned fire... No, seriously... I'd like you to review his, and my histories... compare posts made to people that aren't each other, or reacting to others getting in the middle of our conflict

Also, WG employees don't count as people...

See for yourself if what I'm saying holds water.

Even when people agree with him, he never misses the chance to compliment their "brief display of intelligence for agreeing with him, when he finds their usual posts moronic..."

Hint: Tagging threads you make with things like "Courage" and "Having a Spine" is an overt attack, even if the content of the actual post doesn't seem very inflamatory.

No, really... look at how many tags he puts on threads, and what they say....

You kind of sound like a thin-skinned snowflake when you complain about this stuff.  If his posts aren't to your liking, learn how to use the software so you won't see them.  It's easy, and takes less effort than complaining about some anonymous posts on the internet.

If he is indeed trolling, you took the bait completely, and he's about to pull you into the boat. 

Or, take it seriously.  Your call.

Cenotaph #32 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 August 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

You kind of sound like a thin-skinned snowflake when you complain about this stuff.  If his posts aren't to your liking, learn how to use the software so you won't see them.  It's easy, and takes less effort than complaining about some anonymous posts on the internet.

If he is indeed trolling, you took the bait completely, and he's about to pull you into the boat. 

Or, take it seriously.  Your call.

Or, I could find it to be far more entertaining to counter-troll... as I have plainly stated, several times... I make no illusions to my intentions.

My issue is with your lack of recognition that neither of us is in the right... You want to act like Prenzlau is just some poor victim, I'll get on your case about it.

I'll see your Snowflake, and raise you a Sycophant...

I'm going to remind you of the "Apology" thread Prenzlau made a while back, where he couldn't refrain from insulting everyone in the self-same thread...

Under the thin guise of beginning an insult and then going "No, I'm going to be nice..."

If he actually intended to remove any insult, he'd delete the entire line, not leave his post full of half insults and hollow apologies.

Edited by Cenotaph, 12 August 2018 - 08:56 PM.

Prenzlau #33 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:12 PM

• 6772 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I don't agree. These forums are for the active players. The people who no longer play are like a cancer, they dish out constant negativity and do not respect any other view points or opinions.

do you feel everything must be in your control?

It already is

The requirements do not have to be very high, but people who have uninstalled the game or have not played in months or years have no purpose here, for they do not play anymore. 

It already is

It already is

It already is

Prenzlau

Yes you do...

Prenzlau

Prenzlau #34 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:18 PM

• 6772 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCenotaph, on 12 August 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Or, I could find it to be far more entertaining to counter-troll... as I have plainly stated, several times... I make no illusions to my intentions.

My issue is with your lack of recognition that neither of us is in the right... You want to act like Prenzlau is just some poor victim, I'll get on your case about it.

I'll see your Snowflake, and raise you a Sycophant...

I'm going to remind you of the "Apology" thread Prenzlau made a while back, where he couldn't refrain from insulting everyone in the self-same thread...

Under the thin guise of beginning an insult and then going "No, I'm going to be nice..."

If he actually intended to remove any insult, he'd delete the entire line, not leave his post full of half insults and hollow apologies.

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.    Oscar Wilde

You know when one takes a step back and observes the whole picture over a period of weeks or months, it all starts to become very clear. While your all so wrapped up in the here and now, things have been happening around you, slowly.

In the end, I'll be saying thank you for everything. 

Fractal thinking, multiple actions on multiple levels. Enjoy your checkers.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 12 August 2018 - 10:18 PM.

Cenotaph #35 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 August 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.    Oscar Wilde

You know when one takes a step back and observes the whole picture over a period of weeks or months, it all starts to become very clear. While your all so wrapped up in the here and now, things have been happening around you, slowly.

In the end, I'll be saying thank you for everything. 

Fractal thinking, multiple actions on multiple levels. Enjoy your checkers.

Prenzlau

So, you admit that you treat people like crap, intentionally... for some sick sense of recognition... and you accuse me of not having any friends?  Neat~   :great:

My game has always been to help you show everyone else how much of a tool you are, so I don't need to wait and see, I've already won my race~

View PostCenotaph, on 10 August 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Ultimately, there are two possibilities that come to my mind to explain Prenzlau's treatment of people...

1: He is intentionally posting in a manner that is designed to make him seem like the biggest "see you next Tuesday" the forums have ever seen... it's all calculated to not be logical, but evocative.

2: He honestly doesn't see how he treats all people, day to day, not just the ones he takes issue with...making him an -actual- "see you next Tuesday"

So, I ask you... gentle forum reader.

Which is worse?

Why are you acting like you have some big plot, you are as clear as glass...

Edited by Cenotaph, 12 August 2018 - 11:10 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #36 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:37 AM

Captain

• 786 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

ok

It already is

It already is

It already is

It already is

Prenzlau

Yes you do...

Prenzlau

ok

MelBrooks #37 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 August 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

BoredSights,

so...

ABC

Don’t let that snarky attitude and surly manner distract you. My old clan mate and flying buddy is a finely tuned logical machine. ABC is and will always be the best in my book. Cheers old buddy.....rye or bourbon?

CorvusCorvax #38 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCenotaph, on 12 August 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

Or, I could find it to be far more entertaining to counter-troll.

Counter-troll.  Sure, LOL.

[eyeroll]

The last line gives your game away - you actually are taking him seriously.  You got played so hard it is a literal-LOL.  Holy crud, dude, just stop.

GeorgePatton #39 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:28 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 129 battles

View PostReitousair, on 10 August 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

While I'm still a newcomer to the forums (only started posting back in February this year) this doesn't seem like a particularly good idea.

Just because somebody is negative and refuses to play a game they deem broken but has a community they enjoy (for various purposes...) doesn't mean their words are meaningless. Besides, you'd still have those that'd play just enough battles and still play the WoWp forum game.

I quite enjoy eating popcorn as well, who needs movies anyways?

Anybody could read the forums. Only people who have at least tried the latest patch should be able to post negativity about the game.

The single biggest thing that killed WoWP was Jingles and his stupid brainless 'review' that Wargaming paid for. Since then, people have been constantly bashing the game from inside the community and never giving it a chance to stand back up. Limiting people from posting if they haven't played recently would only be to make sure that all opinions being voiced are those of active players who actually know what the game is doing at the moment. I could go through any thread on this forum and tell you probably 3-5 players who are commenting/bashing at the game who don't even know what the game is right now. That needs to stop. 

Edit: This following bold text is not aimed at the quoted poster.

Wargaming is not going to go back to anybody's favorite game version. That ship has sailed. Either play the game how it is now and make positive feedback to improve the game, or shut up and leave.

Cheers!
Glenn

Edited by GeorgePatton, 13 August 2018 - 03:28 AM.

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MelBrooks #40 Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Sorry Glen, I feel a profound sense of duty to instruct these players just how poorly Persha has performed. We’ve both been down this road. I’m trying to do something positive. Trying to get WG to come to the realization to move this title to a competent game studio is probably too noble of an effort, but the current players deserve something and most importantly, they deserve the truth.

Edited by MelBrooks, 13 August 2018 - 05:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users