Ideas to Improving Game for Dev's

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kingwicked101 #1 Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4615 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

As it was mentioned I start a new thread relating to this -  here are my ideas. 

Here are a few suggestions regarding the implementation of some changes that could make this version more interesting and a game of skill.

HERE ARE SOME IDEAS HOW TO MAKE THIS GAME MORE SKILLFUL!!!

1. Change the point scoring system completely and remove the advantage points for Mining Sectors.

Every 30 seconds points are added as follows:

• Mining Plants – 10 point advantage.
  • Military Bases – 7 point advantage.
  • Command Centers – 5 point advantage.
  • Airbases – 3 point advantage.
  • Garrisons and Airstrips – 2 point advantage.

• 1 Points for every Light Air Defence Plane Destroyed.
  • 2 Points for every Heavy Air Defence Plane Destroyed.
  • 5 Points for every fighter plane destroyed.
  • 4 Points for every heavy plane destroyed.
  • 3 Points for every Multi-role plane destroyed.
  • 2 Points for every Bomber plane destroyed includes bombers in bomber flight.
  • 1 Point for every Ground Attack plane destroyed.
  •  

Make battles from Tier 1 to Tier 4 – 500 points.

Make battles from Tier 5 to Tier 7 – 700 points.     

Make battles from Tier 8 to Tier 10 – 900 points.

The idea of change to the current point system will create battles based on skill. It will then entice both sides to attack and hold sectors of higher point value thus creating more intriguing battles.  

The way the point system currently stands, the simplicity in capturing airstrips and garrisons is way quicker than capturing larger sectors. Thus capturing 3 minor sectors can result in a win for a side as it now stands. Not every map has a Mining Plant but most maps do have a Command Center or Military base.

1. Another idea:

• Once all sectors within the game have been captured by a side, the battle must be declared a Victory for the side that has achieved this superiority.
  • If a side has the winning advantage and the losing side then manages to capture all sectors – Victory to that side. In order to score the Victory in this manner, all sectors won must have a 70% or more superiority to achieve a victory of this nature. 

1. A Thought on Bomber Flights:

• Once a or all Command Centers have been re- captured by a side, any opposing Bomber Flights that are still airborne must return to base and not proceed with any further bombing.
  • Far too many times a side captures Command Centers and the bomber flights continue dispensing their loads and allowing one side a greater advantage.
  • The Dev’s need to rework a bomber flight as after the Bombers have dispensed with their payload, these bombers should continue with their flight altitude path and disappear once they reach map end. At the moment these bombers are climbing away quicker than heavy fighters can give chase. I have never seen any bomber climb at such rapid rate and beyond their ceiling altitude.  

1. Suggestion to Color Coding for sides:

• Ally Force – Green
  • Air Defence – Light Blue/yellow/Orange to make them more visible
  • Enemy – Red

1. Another idea the DEV’s should look at implementing…

Firstly - just a thought:

• A side should be allowed to capture and hold the enemy Home Respawn Point – whilst in control – no planes can re-enter a battle from the Home Respawn Point but can enter from other Airstrips and Airbases.
  • Capturing the Home Respawn Point should be a 20 point addition to the score every time the Home Respawn Point is captured. If recaptured by the Home side, they earn 10 advantage points are earned.
  • If the capturing of a Home Respawn Point allows forces of the captive side to destroy all enemy planes whilst holding their Home Respawn Point (meaning no other point to enter from) – Game over.
  • With this said, the enemy Home Respawn Point should be extremely fortified and difficult to capture to earn the added 20 point advantage. 

1. If a plane is in critical health and a pilot wishes to repair his plane, he must return to an Airstrip or Airbase that the team has captured or back to their Home Respawn Point. Here a pilot can resupply ordinance and repair plane. No more resupplying of ordinance in motion.
  2. After the 3rd time any aircraft is destroyed – the pilot is eliminated from the battle.
  3. After a plane has been shot down, a pilot must wait 30secs before re-entering each and every sortie.
  4. One should be able to change planes at any Airstrip, Airbase or Home Respawn Point. Meaning, no requirements to capture an Airbase before this can be implemented.
  5. In battles with higher tier planes, a human pilot must be allowed to change a plane to a higher tier.
  6. If a pilot wishes to change planes before been destroyed, the pilot must return to a point available to change planes and here there is no waiting period or resupplying ordnance but it will count as pilot been destroyed once.
  7. If the Airstrip or Airbase is destroyed/captured during the 30secs while the pilot is at this respawn point, it will be deemed as a kill for the enemy side and thus the pilot is then returned to the Home Respawn Point and wait a further 30secs.  
  8. If the Home Respawn Point has been captured and there is no other re-spawn point to enter from at this point, a pilot has a 2 minute window to be able to return to battle from any other point a pilot selects or is eliminated from battle.
  9. However, if any of the Respawn Points that a pilot is currently on and is destroyed thus making this his 3rd time he has been destroyed – he is eliminated from the battle.

(This must also apply to all BOTS.)

This will allow the other side a small advantage to increase their ability to capture sectors and increasing their point tally.

OTHER POINTS OF NOTE FOR DEV’S

1. Reintroduce personal settings for Yaw and Pitch.

1. Reinstate a survival and win rate percentage for each plane battles.

1. Reintroduce the number of insignia medals have been earned and allow these achievements to be seen by all other pilots that wish to see ones results – as before. Unless a patch takes away all your medals as in my case.

1. Reinstate both teams on battle screen during battle allowing easy viewing to how many enemy planes are left after the squall line is in effect or apply this once the squall line arrives. This way a side can see the pilots still battling at a glance than having to hit TAB and lose focus on the battle at hand.

1. Please allow for a personal settings of Lead Indicator and color.  

1. Huge attention must be applied in training of BOTS to adhere to the “F” commands. BOTS should adhere to calls by human players (that are in the area of that player) and react to the calls – this must also be implemented for ground attack and bombers alike. Way too many times when battles are 1 vs 1 human, BOTS have their own direction after been summoned to attack a target before start of battle but fly off into the distance.

1. As for my Multi-roles, Heavies and Ground Attacks – do not have key to press for bombing sight. Can this be added?

1. Can Dev’s please rework Ground Attack planes to focus on destroying AA’s first within a sector?

1. Please can WG Dev’s post a completed break down of the point scoring system regarding to how experience is earned against ranking. There is confusion to how this scoring is implemented as many times a pilot scores the most points but earns no rank.

1. Can WG reintroduce the settings for text size and color of choice for planes and ground targets? Like one could adjust in 1.9. Please consider white text against a white back drop just isn’t working.

1. It has been noted that with a flight team and when 1 member is destroyed – most times the picture goes to any plane – can this be adjusted that it returns to the flight member?

1. Noted in the new update – one cannot compare planes before battle on screen as before. Can this be reintroduced?
  2. Can the dev's also rework to the amount of GA's, Bombers and heavies to maximum of 2 per battle in battles of 1 vs 1 human. Not forgetting the battles that contain a single high tier plane human against a weaker bot plane of the same tier. I recommend that at least 4 higher tier planes be added per side to balance these battles. 

LMG #2 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really like the sound of the changes to Conquest proposed. The concept seems a bit messy, even for Conquest standards, on top of a lot of possibly rage-inducing mechanics, like not being able to reload ordnance out in the field (which is the whole point of half of the German GAA line and the Bombers), the Spawn Point being a sector one can capture to block everyone else on the opposite team from spawning (so even worse than spawn camping), and superiority straight up ending the game.

On the additional points:

1. Sounds good for me
  2. Sure, no issue there
  3. I didn't quite understand the first part, but I don't exactly see anything wrong with it
  4. Maybe add an option to turn them on and off would work
  5. I personally like not having a lead indicator, makes the game actually feel like you're learning to use your guns rather than being told "shoot here!". Unless you mean the crosshair, in which case I agree it needs to be customizable
  6. I agree that the bots could use a help in being directed by the players, but there needs to be some limitation so they don't just follow the one guy spamming "Follow me!" all game long without actually having a plan
  7. Oh yes please, we could really use a strafing camera
  8. Though GAAs already have to take out AA guns in sectors so they're not shot to pieces? Unless you mean the bot GAAs, in which case I agree they need to give priority to shooting off the AA guns (just the guns, the emplacement itself could be of lower priority)
  9. There was a post on that in the Newcomer's forums: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/53423-personal-aircraft-type-specific-missions/#topmost
  10. We could realy use most of the options available before 2.0 for sure
  11. No problems here
  12. Yes please, this is critical now more so than before with the changes to equipment
  13. I'm not sure I understand the limit to aircraft class you're proposing, so I can't say I like it

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

ComradeZ #3 Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2813 battles
  • [FK] FK

How about 'Do your best, or there will be a 'company picnic' in the woods next to a large trench and cans of petrol.'

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1329 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostComradeZ, on 10 August 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

How about 'Do your best, or there will be a 'company picnic' in the woods next to a large trench and cans of petrol.'

^^^Motivational speaker of the year.

Battlementca #5 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:34 PM

Airman Basic

• 3564 battles

View PostKingwicked101, on 09 August 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

• 1 Points for every Light Air Defence Plane Destroyed.
  • 2 Points for every Heavy Air Defence Plane Destroyed.
  • 5 Points for every fighter plane destroyed.
  • 4 Points for every heavy plane destroyed.
  • 3 Points for every Multi-role plane destroyed.
  • 2 Points for every Bomber plane destroyed includes bombers in bomber flight.
  • 1 Point for every Ground Attack plane destroyed.

I think the points value should be inverted. I fail to see how a light fighter is worth the most amount of points. They have the least amount of HP making them the most susceptible to AA, are unable to attack ground targets effectively, and cannot on their own capture 100% of the available sectors. Bombers and GAAs are by far the higher threats as they can flip any sector by themselves if ignored, as every sector has ground targets. The same cannot be said about fighters and aerial targets.

1. If a plane is in critical health and a pilot wishes to repair his plane, he must return to an Airstrip or Airbase that the team has captured or back to their Home Respawn Point. Here a pilot can resupply ordinance and repair plane. No more resupplying of ordinance in motion.

Are there two points here? Repairing a plane already requires you to be close to a friendly airstrip with a working repair facility. Resupplying of ordinance I can see your point, however that might make it frustrating to the bombers and GAAs out there.

1. Please allow for a personal settings of Lead Indicator and color.  

I never played <2.0, but is this really required? Isn't it more skillful to understand your guns and use visual and audio clues to adjust your aim on a target?

The rest of the points I either agree or are indifferent with.

Edited by Battlementca, 10 August 2018 - 02:35 PM.

ARCNA442 #6 Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1244 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Your points system is completely and utter broken.

Think about it, under your new system bases give an average of 4.8 points every 30 seconds or 0.16 points/second, assuming the winning team is holding 3 bases (fairly standard), it would take over 17 minutes for the team to reach 500 points or over 31 minutes to reach 900 points. Adding the points for plane kills doesn't change anything. Killing an enemy team plane gives an average of 3 points. With 12 enemy players and only three lives per player, that is a grand total of only 108 points. Even if the entire enemy team is composed of nothing but light fighters, that is still just 180 points. So even in that case, if you killed all but 1 enemy and scored 175 points, it would still take over 11 minutes to reach 500 points and win the game. Literally the only way to win the game is to kill everything or take all the caps, the points could be removed entirely and no one would notice (which, thinking about it, might not actually be that bad an idea).

Of course, even if you fixed your points system to be remotely practical, you've still created a horrible game mode. By having both a way to win through points, a way to win through kills, and not one but two sudden death mechanics (taking all the bases and taking all the spawn points), you have strategic incoherence and a game that is set up for cheap victories.

On to the minor suggestions.

Having bombers turn back is just a matter of preference since it effects both sides equally. But having bombers continue flying straight after they dropped their bombs would mean bots (and bot like players) would waste time on meaningless kills.

More complex color coding on the minimap is something I think would be adding pointless information, but I have no problem adding it as an option.

Forcing people to return to base to resupply bombs is just an indirect nerf to bombers and GA's. The only way that is remotely fair is if fighters can run out of ammo as well. But introducing such a mechanic just slows the game down and forces people to withdraw from the fight for no good reason - not exactly something that would make the game more fun.

I have no real problem with a fixed 30 second respawn timer, but I don't really see any need for it either. But penalizing players who's selected respawn point is captured is just stupid - not being able to play through no fault of your own is not fun.

I agree that we need more detailed plane statistics (although if they put this into the game it would clearly show just how OP certain planes are).

I actually prefer hitting Tab to see the teams -  it creates a less cluttered screen and gives you better vision.

We do not need a lead indicator.

Making bots obey orders is a double edged sword - what happens when an idiot or troll decides to send the bots to a worthless section of the map?

Bomb sight for all planes with A2G weapons is a good idea.

Limiting plane types is a bad idea since it makes it more difficult to cap mining facilities and command centers. I would actually rather see more bot bombers and GA's.

SonicPariah #7 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 416 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
Interesting thoughts all around. We will provide them up to the Devs for review, for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users