Video - Don't just hire your fans

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

Captain

• 31 battles

Another video by the Extra Credits people. I find it interesting they do videos on the video gaming industry. I thought I would share with all here.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Extra Credits is a spectacular channel and I do urge people to subscribe and support them. They do a huge variety of subjects both obscure and esoteric but incredibly interesting and present it in a way that's easy to understand and watch. 

Current Extra History topic: the 1918 Flu Pandemic. Upcoming series: Majapahit, The Viking Expansions, Dr. Sun Yet-San

Support their Patreon to submit and vote on upcoming Extra History topics!

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Cenotaph #3 Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Love Extra Credits... they have great insight into the industry, and companies outta make their Devs watch it.

I used to play a fun little game... had a ton of potential, and a loyal fanbase...

But, the Devs couldn't decide on a direction, and redesigned core systems over and over, even when they worked great and the community loved them.

Sounds kinda familiar, doesn't it?!

^ Part one in a series of videos, which show over time how the company's ambition and lack of direction led to it stumbling, and it's eventual demise.

Edited by Cenotaph, 05 August 2018 - 06:00 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users