• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

SpiritFoxMY #21 Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2185 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGonerNL, on 08 August 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

I prefer the He-112 in that tier, but after that I took the Bf-109 line ; I just can't handle the Fw-190 ...

I Specialized my Fw190 A-1 with a 4.05 kill/sortie average :trollface:  My A-5 is my most played plane in the game with 5.26 per sortie. I also have a Specialized Dora and am now building the Ta152 as an RB-17 hunter.

But seriously, the Blohm und Voss line is extremely powerful and effective in a variety of situations. The 212.03 in particular is extremely powerful and can go toe to toe with tier Xs in the right hands. And their R4Ms are a good antidote for RB-17s and GAAs with the a bit of experience.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

MadJackChurchil #22 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 960 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Posttrikke, on 08 August 2018 - 02:36 AM, said:

grinded up to 209a today, and got slashed and burnt in my first handful of battles 

209 has much heavier weight of fire when fully upgraded than a G, but everyone else at this higher tier now has big guns, too

i've got a stable full of T8s now, but i only do somewhat well in the pancake, sadly

because pancake

Pancakes should be served only properly fried, and so should their pilots. But yeah, I have recently grinded to 209 as well (yes, it required extensive amount of alcohol). Dear new player, please don't play pancakes. People will not like you.

On the side note. If you want to have fun shooting planes without being harrased, go for german GAA. Powerful guns, ok armor... yes, you are slug, but bots ignore you, players often ignore you, you have massive punch... and you would be suprised how potent a german GAA is, flying high and and shooting from both ends at surprised light fighters.

Edited by MadJackChurchil, 10 August 2018 - 02:14 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #23 Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2185 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Personally I find Pancakes the least cancerous of the three cancers of Warplanes. They're really, really powerful but don't have the camp potential of the Spitfires or the cap potential of the RB-17s. Maybe I just haven't faced really good Pancake pilots. The only one who I can remember giving me problems was f16falcon on the first day of this most recent Attrition event.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 10 August 2018 - 04:41 AM.

MadJackChurchil #24 Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 960 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 10 August 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

Personally I find Pancakes the least cancerous of the three cancers of Warplanes. They're really, really powerful but don't have the camp potential of the Spitfires or the cap potential of the RB-17s. Maybe I just haven't faced really good Pancake pilots. The only one who I can remember giving me problems was f16falcon on the first day of this most recent Attrition event.

Depends what planes you play the most. In my case its Me262, so Pancakes are a massive pain, Spits I can just speed by. If you play more light/multirole, then Spit must be bigger pain.

CorvusCorvax #25 Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1329 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMadJackChurchil, on 12 August 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

Depends what planes you play the most. In my case its Me262, so Pancakes are a massive pain, Spits I can just speed by. If you play more light/multirole, then Spit must be bigger pain.

The Me-262 can eat Pancakes for breakfast.  You just have to fly right.

1.)  Pour some syrup.

Get on top of your flapjack opponent and attack from above.  Give your opponent some 30mm sugar.

2.)  Get to the stove.

Approach your target not only from above, but leave yourself an escape to a zone you own.  That way, when he chases you, he'll have to contend with AA and ADA.

3.)  Eat quickly.

A long, drawn-out battle with a Pancake will be the death of you.  So, don't.  If you crit him in engine or wing or tail, press your attack.  Otherwise, save your boost for a diving escape.

Beating a Pancake is possible with your Swallow.  But not if you don't think about it first.  Just blazing away WILL get you killed.

MadJackChurchil #26 Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 960 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 13 August 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

The Me-262 can eat Pancakes for breakfast.  You just have to fly right.

1.)  Pour some syrup.

Get on top of your flapjack opponent and attack from above.  Give your opponent some 30mm sugar.

2.)  Get to the stove.

Approach your target not only from above, but leave yourself an escape to a zone you own.  That way, when he chases you, he'll have to contend with AA and ADA.

3.)  Eat quickly.

A long, drawn-out battle with a Pancake will be the death of you.  So, don't.  If you crit him in engine or wing or tail, press your attack.  Otherwise, save your boost for a diving escape.

Beating a Pancake is possible with your Swallow.  But not if you don't think about it first.  Just blazing away WILL get you killed.

You are mostly right, but there are few factors I struggle with.

1. If I am stupid and have little boost left when I meet Pancake, I am dead. I admit this is about not making an error...

2. For some reason I had pancake bots following me at 700+ km/h across the whole map even with my boost full (or P51H climbing with me to 2500 + ). Sometimes when I get an enemy pancake headhunter, I have one of those god damn planes behind me the whole time. Players don't have this boost issue, though.

3. When Pancake player is good and looks at the map, he starts wild manuvers when you approach, which means too little sugar gets stuck.

But ok, I keep [edited]about Pancakes a lot (I like rants), but its not THAT bad. As I have written in another forum, I had an exciting duel with one Pancake player about a week ago. I zoomed at him. He waited and started manuvering like mad when he got in range. I scored few hits and zoomed by. He went on my tail. A while of Fast Five chase. He gave up. I waited a while to recharge my boost. Turn around. I zoomed at him. He waited... you've got it. After a while the game ended with polite conversation. It almost felt like a cricket game - few exciting moments, lot of boredom and if WG did not shut the game, we would have kept going for days.

Just WG, please get rid of the unlimited boost for bots, and dear Pancake players, when you play against me... please ignore minimap. Its boring piece of design, its in the corner anyway, it is not important.

Edited by MadJackChurchil, 15 August 2018 - 09:55 PM.

trikke #27 Posted Yesterday, 08:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2038 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i finally tricked a human into a ultra-low-speed-rope-a-dope turnfight this week, in the pancake

i forget the guy's nick, but he was astonished to watch me hanging in mid-air like a christmas tree ornament, as he buzzed around me in a circle trying to get a gun solution 

i used a nearby mountain top as an obstacle distraction, and feathered throttle, flaps and rudder to get the nose up

i think that he just stared at me for a few seconds, then i boosted back to life and killed him

or maybe he was just a bad pilot

anyway, i love love the pancake's 40mph stall speed 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SpiritFoxMY #28 Posted Yesterday, 10:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2185 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
It was hilarious to watch :p iirc it was an Me209A with a 10.3s turn vs. 13.1s for the pancake. 

GonerNL #29 Posted Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 567 battles

View Posttrikke, on 17 August 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

hanging in mid-air like a christmas tree ornament,

Bots and ADA are very good at that, in any plane ... must be their AI.
Flying on EU and NA server

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

trikke