Frozen screen

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

theoriginalflanksta #1 Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:05 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1148 battles
  • [THRET] THRET

I have encountered a weird bug the past three times that I have quit the game via exit game button.

My hanger screen stays up and I cannot switch to any other window. I can't get switch to desktop, Task manager, or internet; this is no matter if i hit alt-tab, windows key d, crtl-alt-dlt to bring up task manger etc....

Dru83 #2 Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2494 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

I have experienced this as well. What worked for me was first opening task manager by using alt-tab-delete. After it opens, my screen would again look like the exit hangar screen. Then I would hit the windows button on my keyboard which opens up the start menu and also shows the other programs I have open on the tool bar. Then I was able to mouse over the task manager on the tool bar to bring it up and use the arrow keys to select WoWP in task manager and use alt-e to tell it to end task.

Until recently, I've had it crash mid-game and lose most of my control over the computer, but since the last patch, I've had it freeze on exit three or four times now. Usually I can use the windows button to get access to task manager, but I have just manually rebooted in the past before I learned that trick.

EZP_MRKARP #3 Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4282 battles
I HAVE AND MANY OTHERS HAVE NOTICE UNEVEN GAMES , SEEMS LIKE ONE SIDE GET DUMB BOTS AND THE OTHER GETS KILLER BOTS IT ALWAYS A TOTAL WIPE OUT JUNK SO UN FAIR LIKE NO ONE CAN SEE THIS , DUMB AS A ROCK

Dr_Wigglespank #4 Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:35 AM

Master Sergeant

• 717 battles

I've been experiencing this bug, as well and there are a few posts about it around the forum.

I am able to use the Windows key to use the taskbar and Start menu, but any program I open pops up behind the picture of the hangar. I've found that the only ways to clear it are logging out & back into my Windows account, or a complete restart. Logging out is faster, though... depending on your system, of course.

comealong1 #5 Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3116 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Thought I was alone on this but I think not now.. 

blindfoId #6 Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

This problem is currently in the bug list with the highest priority status. The team is working on fixing the issues as quickly as possible. 

So far we can use Alt+F4 to prevent the bug to appear (it means to Alt+F4 instead of pushing the exit button) or log out the Windows Account if come across the problem as Dr_Wigglespank suggests. Unfortunatelly, the Task Manager thing does not work really well as Task Manager appears under the hangar image. 

At the moment we are waiting for the issue to be resolved! 

comealong1 #7 Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3116 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Man I am getting freeze ups in Q, ingame, & when I close the game.. Getting very tired of this crap.. Tech told me to disable extreme memory profile(in bio's).. Hmmm.. What slow my computer down for the game to play.. Are they nuts? This game ya want your computer to have wings & fly.. 

comealong1 #8 Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3116 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Disconnect from server then close icon in task bar.. I found this to work well.. But the freeze ups are always.

comealong1 #9 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3116 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Freeze frame again.. This is priority?, Hate to see if they did not care, lol.

comealong1 #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3116 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
I can't play this with freezing up so bad.. About the 3rd or 4th battle it freezes up then after restarting the game freezes every game.. Guess this means I'm not playing for awhile.

novarius #11 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:54 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 146 battles

I've never previously had this issue, but now it's a rather commonplace occurrence for me. It's very frustrating indeed! 

Also, fear me, for I have been lurking for years. 

I do so hope this gets resolved! 

Edited by novarius, 12 August 2018 - 01:55 AM.

comealong1 #12 Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3116 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Did a ticket on this report included.

SonicPariah #13 Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:07 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Postcomealong1, on 15 August 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Did a ticket on this report included.

Perfect! That will definitely help speed things along and add to the reports we have already collected thus far.

egikov #14 Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2298 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

The title of this forum is wrong. It should be called: "Cannot exit the game". I'm thinking of creating a new thread.

Here is the best solution:

Disconnect from server, wait for login screen to appear, then press Alt-F4.

If you just press Alt-F4 (without disconnecting from the server) it will freeze. When it's frozen there is a couple of options: Logout from Windows using Ctrl-Alt-Del, or Restart the PC.

I don't think it will get fixed anytime soon. I think it's part of the bug that was before, when you exited WoWP were still running in WG Center and in processes, so you had to end task in Task Manager. I think they fixed it and created even worse bug.

I think everyone who runs this game has this bug and usually just restarts the PC. So, even less people will play this game, since you can't even exit it normally.

comealong1 #15 Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3116 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

The tech told me to clear cache and then delete settings file from game client which did not solve the problem.. Made no difference & froze the second battle then following morn froze the first battle. cache, delete the client's settings files for the game.
For this:
Unzip and run the bat-file, it will automatically delete the settings files of the game client.
- Chttp://dl-support.wargaming.net/wowp/ru/updates/wowp_cache.zip lose the client of the game.
- Dhttp://dl-support.wargaming.net/wot/ru/updates/wowp_pref.zip game client.
- After deleting files, start the client of the game and set the necessary parameters of the game settings again.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Have not heard back on this.
omatically delete the settings files of the game client.
- After deleting files, start the client of the game and set the necessary parameters of the game settings again.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Edited by comealong1, 18 August 2018 - 02:23 PM.

blindfoId #16 Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View Postegikov, on 18 August 2018 - 04:06 AM, said:

Here is the best solution:

Disconnect from server, wait for login screen to appear, then press Alt-F4.

If you just press Alt-F4 (without disconnecting from the server) it will freeze. When it's frozen there is a couple of options: Logout from Windows using Ctrl-Alt-Del, or Restart the PC.

Thank you for some tips! I will add this variant of solution to the F.A.Q. till the moment the problem is fixed. 

comealong1, thank you for sharing the information! I'm sorry it doesn't help, but even negative result helps us to get to the bottom of the truth and resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

SlappedbyRommel #17 Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1956 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posttheoriginalflanksta, on 03 August 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

I have encountered a weird bug the past three times that I have quit the game via exit game button.

My hanger screen stays up and I cannot switch to any other window. I can't get switch to desktop, Task manager, or internet; this is no matter if i hit alt-tab, windows key d, crtl-alt-dlt to bring up task manger etc....

I get this and more the black screen of death plus a black hole in the middle of the screen if I manage to get into a game. Sent ticket in and a report waiting to hear back its only been 8 hours since the report went in. One thing I noticed the game slowly degrades to non functional lost 6 games because of it that hurts.

After that I uninstalled the game very pissed by that time and searched for all files left behind from the install and manually deleted those. Shutdown system then did hard reboot reloaded from scratch. Game worked well enough for 1 day and back to these issues etc. Cleared cache etc etc the stupid thing is it happens to both my systems an AMD an Intel one system is a gamer machine the other more office but games system.

The end result is the same and I don't know if I actually will get into the game or hinder my team by not being able to help. While other folks have no problem why the heck can not this be stable enough the game when I first started did not have any issues?

So damn frustrating.

The_Wild_Weasel #18 Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I have none of these problems ..... have you cleared your cache?

I can suggest a "medium" to clear any unwanted "spirits...... 

W_W

Edited by The_Wild_Weasel, 20 August 2018 - 04:51 PM.

SlappedbyRommel #19 Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1956 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 20 August 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

I have none of these problems ..... have you cleared your cache?

I can suggest a "medium" to clear any unwanted "spirits...... 

W_W

Already used up my sacrificial squirrel collection now using the neighbors cats then the dogs after all of them are used up.

DennyFish311 #20 Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1309 battles
Game is broken real bad. Exit screen bug is a real bummer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users