Due to long queue times, please allow battles with one human present.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #1 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Lately, the queue times for battles, especially at high tier, have been very long.

Suggestion:  If the player waits in queue longer than 2:30, then place that player in battle as the lone human player in that battle.

The game can not survive the loss of any more human players.

PhoinexFire #2 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Has the population really come to this point?

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• 259 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPhoinexFire, on 03 August 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

By estimations, current 2.0 pop is roughly 43% of 1.9's population. Take my guess for what it's worth.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 03 August 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

By estimations, current 2.0 pop is roughly 43% of 1.9's population. Take my guess for what it's worth.

At many points in the 1.9 days, I was placed alone in battle.  1.9 was a drop from earlier days for sure - before 1.5 dropped, IIRC.

The_Wild_Weasel #5 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPhoinexFire, on 03 August 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

^ What happens when you "trump out" a patch that's a $$$ grab, and offers no "fun" aspect to it.

The players leave en mass. (welcome to reality WG) 

W_W 

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 03 August 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

^ What happens when you "trump out" a patch that's a $$$ grab, and offers no "fun" aspect to it.

The players leave en mass. (welcome to reality WG) 

W_W 

Exactly.  The "fun" factor that should accompany updates didn't exist with 2.0.5.  It was a blatant cash grab, and anybody with an ounce of sense saw it.  Subtle cash grabs, like having a six-weekend event for two T8 planes where you can buy your way off missions with certificates?  Clever.  This?  Come on.  Now, if I could buy the needed salvage parts with silver, now we could start talking about subtle cash grab.  All of a sudden, I see my silver going from the tens of millions to a couple of million, I'm going to think about converting some gold, or flying some new premium planes, or buying premium time to increase the silver take.  But no, you're selling the parts directly.  [facepalm].  All of a sudden the revenue dries up and the players stop playing.  Hmmmm.

Wargaming, you needed to add something fun to your cash grab, to distract folks from the grab.  Sort of like the midway at a county fair.  Hmmm, that might not translate well to eastern European, but I'm sure the idea I'm trying to get across is clear enough.

Now, because of reduced server populations, queue times are large, and that drives away even more players.  And more money, right?

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 03 August 2018 - 08:01 PM.

The_Wild_Weasel #7 Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 03 August 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Exactly.  The "fun" factor that should accompany updates didn't exist with 2.0.5.  It was a blatant cash grab, and anybody with an ounce of sense saw it.  Subtle cash grabs, like having a six-weekend event for two T8 planes where you can buy your way off missions with certificates?  Clever.  This?  Come on.  Now, if I could buy the needed salvage parts with silver, now we could start talking about subtle cash grab.  All of a sudden, I see my silver going from the tens of millions to a couple of million, I'm going to think about converting some gold, or flying some new premium planes, or buying premium time to increase the silver take.  But no, you're selling the parts directly.  [facepalm].  All of a sudden the revenue dries up and the players stop playing.  Hmmmm.

Wargaming, you needed to add something fun to your cash grab, to distract folks from the grab.  Sort of like the midway at a county fair.  Hmmm, that might not translate well to eastern European, but I'm sure the idea I'm trying to get across is clear enough.

Now, because of reduced server populations, queue times are large, and that drives away even more players.  And more money, right?

^ Thank you

For me, I would lay a serious bet Im in the top 100-200 players across the board that spends $$$ on all 3 titles.... true story..I actually received a real "WG challenge medal ! ... 

But alas now, with 2.05 ..... and fun factor scale that dropped off to zero ....I have not spent any real time or $$$ on WG products since 2.05 ..... all my liquid  $$$$ is going to other games.

Take note WG, and seize the moment, time is wasting.... or you will be in too deep to actually make a difference.

W_W

Edited by The_Wild_Weasel, 03 August 2018 - 08:22 PM.

Innokenty #8 Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1800 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I don't really think the POP has dropped...in fact it has gone up. There are MANY new players at the lower levels...MANY. The game is MUCH harder now so it takes time for those new players to "earn up" the ladder to battle you at the top tiers. Bots are aggressive, ram a lot, and the AA is brutal if you are in a cap zone by yourself or with 2 other bots. So give it time.

My longest load time has been 2 min 34 sec...….that's not too bad. Most times its about 45 sec to 1 min 40 sec.

dark.png

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostInnokenty, on 01 September 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

I don't really think the POP has dropped...in fact it has gone up. There are MANY new players at the lower levels...MANY. The game is MUCH harder now so it takes time for those new players to "earn up" the ladder to battle you at the top tiers. Bots are aggressive, ram a lot, and the AA is brutal if you are in a cap zone by yourself or with 2 other bots. So give it time.

My longest load time has been 2 min 34 sec...….that's not too bad. Most times its about 45 sec to 1 min 40 sec.

For the event.

And when the event is over, and there is only grinding, the population will drop.  Just like every other time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users