• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:03 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

MiG-15bis, People's Pioneer Air Force of China, 1951

The inscription on the nose reads "People's Pioneer Air Force of China" which was teh name of the all "Volunteer" force that operated MiG-15s over North Korea during the early days of the Korean War. It is not known if planes with this inscription actually flew in combat during the Korean War, as they were used in multiple propaganda photos and films.

This skin is painted from photos of a surviving MiG-15bis at the Chinese Aviation Museum located at Datangshan, Beijing, China.

You can find this skin and many more at Hawkeye's Hangar.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:00 AM

Major

• 1458 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

very cool...

just thinking, (I've been told that's dangerous)

if you could include a video clip with a few action shots and a pan of the skin,

I bet that plane would look ridiculously righteous!

nice skin bro

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Solomo #3 Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:37 AM

Airman Basic

• 684 battles
Very nice Hawkeye! I hope to have a MiG 15 someday.....

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 10299 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

cool skin!  I wish others could see this on the planes in battle.  That would be really cool but probably computationally a major major effort.  

But it would be so intense to merge with a plane that looks like this.  You would know you were up against a "honcho" as they called them in the Korean War (mainly USSR pilots).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users