XF4F-3 in premium shop...save your money. What a POS

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Verm_ #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9893 battles
  • [BBNV] BBNV

I thought what the hell. 30 days premium and get an upgrade of the F4F. Tier 4 premmie fighter.

WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. Can't turn for crap, roll rate is horrible, can't climb for crap, cruising speed is that of a GA ( I did hit 228mph with boost on a dive though! wooohooo!!)

guns are ok but that's about it.

Instant regret buying this turd and like a chump I fell for WG's lies in their description of this flying potato. Save your money

PhoinexFire #2 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Oof. 

wscarter007 #3 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6114 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
it's lacking in performance against the other fighters in its tier.  At first glance I thought the same until I used to plane compare. 

LMG #4 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

Unlike what the game says, the XF4F-3 is actually a worse version of the standard F4F in almost all aspects, and equal in the rest. It's basically an F4F that was nerfed so it could be at tier 4 instead of 5 :bajan:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

ArrowZ_ #5 Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:10 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
Yea... probably shouldn't have spent money at all really.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Dru83 #6 Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4966 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I got the xF4F-3 for free a ways back and hated it immediately because I didn't like the tech tree F4F, so I didn't touch it. Somebody mentioned it on the forums and I figured I'd at least try it out. Now, it's become one of my favorite tier 4s and it was the first plane I specialized. You have to play to its strengths (speed and hp). wscarter, go back to that compare sheet and look at the speed stats, the F4F-3 is one of the fastest planes in Tier 4. Verm, I've hit over 350 mph in a boosted dive with it. The name of the game is boom and zoom. Pick on the weak and unsuspecting and then get out of the way after you've made a firing pass. Never turn unless you are far away from other planes. If you do need to turn quick, use the vertical with an Immelmann or Split S. Once you've run out of altitude and airspeed, you'll be a sitting duck, so that's the time to exit whatever cap you're fighting over, heal up, boost up to yellow altitude, let the boost reload, and then make another run through the cap. It takes patience, and sometimes you're just going to get stomped by certain planes (109B), but it is fun to fly and decent at taking out heavies and bot bombers.

Deltavee #7 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:04 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4006 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostVerm_, on 02 August 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

I thought what the hell. 30 days premium and get an upgrade of the F4F. Tier 4 premmie fighter.

WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. Can't turn for crap, roll rate is horrible, can't climb for crap, cruising speed is that of a GA ( I did hit 228mph with boost on a dive though! wooohooo!!)

Instant regret buying this turd and like a chump I fell for WG's lies in their description of this flying potato. Save your money

Ngh...noted.

And thanks

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

trikke #8 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:06 AM

Captain

• 4971 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

bought it, flew it, dumped it all in the same week last november

negatives far outweigh the positives, imo

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Bobby_Tables #9 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 10892 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostVerm_, on 02 August 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

Every time I read a post since 2.0.5 dropped, where someone spent money on this game in its current state, and then expresses remorse I just am flabbergasted.  This game deserves your real money when they make real improvements.  Play the game by all means, but plunking down money when they ignore all player feedback across all regions and institute total boneheaded "improvements" is on you, not WG.

I put down real money when I like what they do.  I last did it when they introduced Attrition which I liked.  

Buying their POS "premium" planes or time with real money just sends the wrong message.  Again, by all means, play the game if you like it.  Pay real money when they do something you think is good.  

BTW:  Premium planes, aside from a select few, are rarely OP.  They are unique, but not too often OP.  There are some exceptions, but those exceptions are open to massive nerfs in future updates.  Be aware that buying what you think might give you a competitive advantage may just be a pig in a poke.  

GonerNL #10 Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1751 battles
You get it free with 30 premium days ... so you actually don't pay for the plane  :unsure:
Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

f16falcona46 #11 Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2923 battles
  • [F4F] F4F

View PostGonerNL, on 03 August 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

You get it free with 30 premium days ... so you actually don't pay for the plane  :unsure:

The bundle costs more than buying 30 premium days by themselves.

Also, to OP: even though the XF4F-3 is my most played LF, and I like it, I can still agree it's a pile of garbage. 

Saydzhi #12 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 370 battles
I actually liked the plane, when I was playing, other than it had a tendency to stall too much. I sort of got that fixed with engine, speed equipment, and skills, but then 2.0.5 came.....

Edited by medoyehd, 03 August 2018 - 03:06 PM.

Saydzhi #13 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 370 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 03 August 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Every time I read a post since 2.0.5 dropped, where someone spent money on this game in its current state, and then expresses remorse I just am flabbergasted.  This game deserves your real money when they make real improvements.  Play the game by all means, but plunking down money when they ignore all player feedback across all regions and institute total boneheaded "improvements" is on you, not WG.

I put down real money when I like what they do.  I last did it when they introduced Attrition which I liked.  

Buying their POS "premium" planes or time with real money just sends the wrong message.  Again, by all means, play the game if you like it.  Pay real money when they do something you think is good.  

BTW:  Premium planes, aside from a select few, are rarely OP.  They are unique, but not too often OP.  There are some exceptions, but those exceptions are open to massive nerfs in future updates.  Be aware that buying what you think might give you a competitive advantage may just be a pig in a poke.  

Not to side with WG, but yea there are/were some premium planes that are/were worth it.  The DB605, Yak-3RD, and P-39N come to mind. 

Edited by medoyehd, 03 August 2018 - 03:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users