Questions to the developers

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Jazz_4 #121 Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1341 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
oh yeah will there be another event were we can get a premium plane threw missions in the near future

BigWaveSurfer #122 Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29 battles

Any word about opening an ASIA server?

Nice to get some lower ping.

Alpha/Super Tester World of Warships/Closed Beta Tester World of Warplanes/Beta Tester World of Tanks

FIight #123 Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4171 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Lemme ask when is patch 2.1?

From their response patch 2.0.1 to 2.0.9 will remain to be beta patches

Perrigrino #124 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4104 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostblindfoId, on 21 November 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

For most players this difference is not so obvious as it may seem. The change includes too many variables to draw unambiguous conclusions. We are still collecting the data to process it and make any further decisions or changes in the economics.

5. Are experienced players given more credit or less per battle than less experienced players? The above description is very vague and is in need of clarification.- My question, which relates to the Patch Notes-

Economics

• Changed algorithms for calculating credits reward to balance income for players of varying skill levels. ( emphasis added)

Safe to assume that when experienced players play, they want to maximize their rewards/earnings/credit/parts so that they can grind what is required for their particular purpose. Not knowing how one is being rewarded for their efforts is unacceptable. To be told that there will be a change in the way credits are rewarded, but not given any specific information about those changes does a number of negative things, the first being fostering mistrust and suspicion. The players were accussed of fostering myths about MM, why, because we were kept in the dark. And here again we get the same type of response, which assumes the public is either not intelligent enough to handle the information (ie.,"it's complicated and the public is for the most part ignorant), or that the information is provocative because its not fair (?), among other things.

When will this stop? The information needs to be open and honest.  In World of WarShips, there recently appeared a lengthy explanation of what the studio has planed, with no promise that it will be implemented. THAT was excellent. Also, there are numerous videos and write ups explaining how all sorts of elements of the game work in Ships. In World of War Planes feels like we are kept in the dark and fed manure- yes, like mushrooms.

So when can we expect a thorough and complete explanation of the changes to the credit economy including any changes regarding skill level reward? Sooner rather than 2 years (ie.,Match Maker Myths) from now would be nice.

Edited by Perrigrino, 01 January 2019 - 12:07 AM.

blindfoId #125 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostJazz_4, on 21 November 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

hey blindfold I have a question will we see a usa p51k mustang premium in game soon 

We do not plan to introduce P51K Mustang to U.S.A. tech tree as we already have its premium version in the Chinese tree.

View PostJazz_4, on 23 November 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

oh yeah will there be another event were we can get a premium plane threw missions in the near future

At the moment we are running a new type of event  with some premium planes as rewards for completing chains of missions. It is possible that new premium planes will be added to this event.

View PostBigWaveSurfer, on 01 December 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Any word about opening an ASIA server?

Nice to get some lower ping.

A Japanese server underwent some testing last year and we are expecting it to be open for players this year.

View PostFIight, on 24 December 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Lemme ask when is patch 2.1?

From their response patch 2.0.1 to 2.0.9 will remain to be beta patches

At the moment World of Warplanes is in the release. The name of the patch may not coincide with its content. A number is just a number in this situation :)

View PostPerrigrino, on 01 January 2019 - 02:52 AM, said:

5. Are experienced players given more credit or less per battle than less experienced players? The above description is very vague and is in need of clarification.- My question, which relates to the Patch Notes-

Economics

• Changed algorithms for calculating credits reward to balance income for players of varying skill levels. ( emphasis added)

Safe to assume that when experienced players play, they want to maximize their rewards/earnings/credit/parts so that they can grind what is required for their particular purpose. Not knowing how one is being rewarded for their efforts is unacceptable. To be told that there will be a change in the way credits are rewarded, but not given any specific information about those changes does a number of negative things, the first being fostering mistrust and suspicion. The players were accussed of fostering myths about MM, why, because we were kept in the dark. And here again we get the same type of response, which assumes the public is either not intelligent enough to handle the information (ie.,"it's complicated and the public is for the most part ignorant), or that the information is provocative because its not fair (?), among other things.

When will this stop? The information needs to be open and honest.  In World of WarShips, there recently appeared a lengthy explanation of what the studio has planed, with no promise that it will be implemented. THAT was excellent. Also, there are numerous videos and write ups explaining how all sorts of elements of the game work in Ships. In World of War Planes feels like we are kept in the dark and fed manure- yes, like mushrooms.

So when can we expect a thorough and complete explanation of the changes to the credit economy including any changes regarding skill level reward? Sooner rather than 2 years (ie.,Match Maker Myths) from now would be nice.

Thank you for being involved and interested in World of Warplanes! I passed along the request for the article similar to the one which described the mechanics of Match Making System, as soon as team will come out with article the news will appear on our official portal, so stay tuned! :honoring:

Please stick to the format announced in the first post of the thread:

Block Quote

Please avoid

• the repetition of the same question and asking the same questions repeatedly in a different way; 
  • posting suggestions (including suggestions presented as questions). For example, suggestions formulated like "Do you plan to implement ..." or “Why won’t/don’t you do …”;
  • posting bug-reports;
  • answering and/or commenting posts.

Perrigrino #126 Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4104 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Thank you Blindfold for your persistence and patience, and sharing. Much appreciated and Happy New Year!

HoujuuNue #127 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5648 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE

From the the blog:

December QnA part1:

Have you figured out what to do about crashing right before squall to come back with full HP? Squall visual representation?

Wheres that full-balancing pass in Jan-Feb 2018?

December QnA part3:

Where is the referral program that's supposed to be launched in 2018?

What was the endgame content for tier X in 2018?

Is the hardcore PvP mode without respawns ready yet?

Did MRF and GAAs get reload balancing yet?

Feb QnA part1:

Where is the high-tier German bombers branch that will include Junkers projects with some very remarkable experimental aircraft that boast impressive speed and powerful bomb loads that was planned to be released in 2018

Feb QnA part2:

When is the TAB comparison coming back? You said it was coming back later in 2018.

Where is the sub branch of Stuka dive bombers that you were planning on adding "later this year"

blindfoId #128 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostHoujuuNue, on 04 January 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Feb QnA part1:

Where is the high-tier German bombers branch that will include Junkers projects with some very remarkable experimental aircraft that boast impressive speed and powerful bomb loads that was planned to be released in 2018

The continuation of the German bomber line is planned for release this year. 

As for the other questions - the works are still in progress, as soon as any information appears I will be happy to update you or pass some spoilers. 

Jazz_4 #129 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1341 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
hey blindfold will there be more b17s added to the USA tech tree in the future?

trikke #130 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2639 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostPerrigrino, on 31 December 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Economics

• Changed algorithms for calculating credits reward to balance income for players of varying skill levels. ( emphasis added)

we obviously don't know what other pilots get in terms of credits, but if there's any built-in inequality, i would hope that new folks get a bit more than vets

we can afford it, but i remember being flat broke when i was a new guy

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Perrigrino #131 Posted Yesterday, 07:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4104 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Trike

Question to the DEvs (unless your a WG Developer?), NOT YOU! Its not about YOU!.  #125 above from Blindfold:

Block Quote

Please stick to the format announced in the first post of the thread:

Block Quote

Please avoid

• the repetition of the same question and asking the same questions repeatedly in a different way; 
  • posting suggestions (including suggestions presented as questions). For example, suggestions formulated like "Do you plan to implement ..." or “Why won’t/don’t you do …”;
  • posting bug-reports;
  • answering and/or commenting posts.

And, FYI, I am breaking the same rule in telling you. But you really gotta stop. I, like many others, am broke. The introduction of Specialization BROKE me. RE-GRINDING everything, Material earning is non-existent for losers. I'm  basically a generalist, fly everything, so economy is very important to me and those in similar situations, because it's gonna take longer (=more TIME, including PREMIUM PLANES, which never required grinding before!- check Ships, where Premium SHip is what it use to be here) to get where I once was, and I find that not only UNFAIR, but unacceptable, and un -ETHICAL. So back off. Your " innocent' two cents worth, to show what a great guy you are, is really hurtful. Maybe you have a lot of TIME. Some don't. I was just getting into T8 when the changes occurred (the big one: CONQUEST), and had to make a huge leap backwards, not the 1st time in my life, but certainly not expected when I bought into this game.

One more THING. … In order to "hedge one's bets", CHEATing , in other words, we need to Specialize our planes. It's the norm now- EXPECTED. We are encouraged by WG to do so. And who enjoys going into Lopsided battles with numerous Specialized aircraft on one side and none on the other- how often have you won? And since losing pays minimally now, means more frustration, more time, hoping to be in "up-tier", to once again "hedge one's bets"- and that there is the rub. I used a "gambling" reference on purpose.  Pull the lever, roll the dice and get dealt a knife for a gun fight. Some humans somewhere thought this would be a good idea, based on their own particular set of values and beliefs. Having been born in NA, it goes against the grain of an open society, where you get to know the price before you pay. And if your gonna play, some level of fairness - balance is expected. Not P2W, Pay to Clobber. I'm not alone, judging from the number of Batlles being dropped on a regular basis now, (not to mention the endless bugs). 

The model for the game keeps changing. To have a detailed explanation is not only a requirement, to know what to expect, but in the words of WG itself, helps with player's "enjoyment" - one of the words bandied about.

"Understanding and mastering the economy of World of Warships is one of the keys to enjoying the game." - http://wiki.wargamin...en/Ship:Economy       -OH Look! AN Explanation!

Edited by Perrigrino, Yesterday, 09:13 PM.

CorvusCorvax #132 Posted Today, 02:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2212 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPerrigrino, on 15 January 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

One more THING. … In order to "hedge one's bets", CHEATing , in other words, we need to Specialize our planes. It's the norm now- EXPECTED. We are encouraged by WG to do so. And who enjoys going into Lopsided battles with numerous Specialized aircraft on one side and none on the other- how often have you won? 

Well, in answer to your question, I win against specialized aircraft all the time, in non-specialized aircraft.  Not every now and then, not equally, but

ALL.

THE.

TIME.

But that is not a question for developers.  My question is sort of a clarification:  If we who are successful are not making as much silver on a per-flight basis, then what, exactly is the calculation, and how is the number arrived at?  If I run a booster, do I get the pre-nerf silver plus the buff, or is the buff just a counter to my nerf?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

blindfoId