Moving forward and embracing the changes

Attitude Progress negative attacks

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Prenzlau #1 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Change. That is what we all experience in life. It is not always easy and coping with change is always one of the greatest challenges that life offers. How we each deal with change has to do with our attitudes and our character. So how do we cope and deal with change, so that we can meet our expectations without feeling like we have sacrificed too much? You have to more forward, and get that lead weight of negativity off your conscious. You also have to realize that War Gaming and you are partners not adversaries. You both want the same things, a fun, playable game that has enough detail and structure. How can we as a community come together and bridge the gaps of misunderstanding? 

If they make everything fair and balanced, people will start to complain about that, by saying there is no challenge or creativity, that maps are boring and very predictable. If you create imbalance and challenges, then people will complain that it is either too difficult or it requires more thought than they are willing to commit. Not everyone is in the same camp, with the same expectations. Some people want more detail and more of a flight simulator game, others want more of the shoot 'em up arcade game, some want the nostalgia of WW2 and early jet warfare, others just want mindless dogfights. No matter what this game mutates into, there will be groups that won't be happy. If you try to find the middle ground between all groups, you might have a more popular version but an incomplete one in the minds of most players. 

I read a lot of criticism of War Gaming and the developers, and yes there are issues that seem perfectly valid in my opinion to object to. I see little ideas and solutions put forth on just how a version of this game is supposed to please the vast majority and bring back people. Everyone has their own input and they assume that it will generally please most people, and some obvious changes will, I'm not saying that won't happen. There is not much of an excuse to not understand what the majority of players want in this game that cover the major issues. That said, decisions have to be made and the game has to go in some sort of direction. If they tried to please many in these forums, it would be a truly thankless task. 

Being an armchair general is always a great deal easier than participating and having to deal with challenges. Many critics have opted out of playing the game to become these armchair generals, for whatever their reasons, they have excluded themselves from the process. They no longer have the experience or the perspective to make accurate opinions and function mostly on the input from others, and theory. Does the current version of the game have it's issues and flaws, yes it does, is it playable and enjoyable, sure, if you have the attitude for it. Attitude counts a great deal in any situation and there is a connection between people who fail and cannot overcome challenges and negative attitudes. 

People need to stop the whining and doomsday attitudes and either leave if they don't ever intend on playing again, or challenge themselves to step up and try the game, or give it a second look. The game is a work in progress, and I think the momentum is starting to flow in a positive direction for feedback and needed changes. People need to let go of the past and move forward and be a little more open minded with their expectations. 

Attacking the people in the community, the moderators, or the developers is simply counter productive. If you truly care about this game and want it to be close to your expectations then you have to be constructive and assist with a positive outlook and meaningful feedback. It is obvious that attempts are being made to listen and by now they are well aware of your disappointment and personal pain. It is time to move forward, but to do that you have to re-invest in the process and learn to trust again, which is just faith. I could make a grand argument that negative attitudes actually have the greatest level of faith, but I'll save that for another day. 

I'm willing to give this game and that on going process of improvements a chance. If your not willing to do so, at least put away the negative attitude and take a "wait and see" approach without all the negative attacks. We are all real people, most of us care and want this game to be better and meet expectations. There should be many opportunities to find "common ground" between different opinions and attitudes, if people just try. Who here is willing to let go of their baggage and move forward? 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 31 July 2018 - 04:26 PM.

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I prefer to be the change I want to see in the world.  Feel free to use that as a quote.  I don't mind.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Martymart1976 #3 Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4397 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostPrenzlau, on 31 July 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Change. That is what we all experience in life. It is not always easy and coping with change is always one of the greatest challenges that life offers. How we each deal with change has to do with our attitudes and our character. So how do we cope and deal with change, so that we can meet our expectations without feeling like we have sacrificed too much? You have to more forward, and get that lead weight of negativity off your conscious. You also have to realize that War Gaming and you are partners not adversaries. You both want the same things, a fun, playable game that has enough detail and structure. How can we as a community come together and bridge the gaps of misunderstanding? 

If they make everything fair and balanced, people will start to complain about that, by saying there is no challenge or creativity, that maps are boring and very predictable. If you create imbalance and challenges, then people will complain that it is either too difficult or it requires more thought than they are willing to commit. Not everyone is in the same camp, with the same expectations. Some people want more detail and more of a flight simulator game, others want more of the shoot 'em up arcade game, some want the nostalgia of WW2 and early jet warfare, others just want mindless dogfights. No matter what this game mutates into, there will be groups that won't be happy. If you try to find the middle ground between all groups, you might have a more popular version but an incomplete one in the minds of most players. 

I read a lot of criticism of War Gaming and the developers, and yes there are issues that seem perfectly valid in my opinion to object to. I see little ideas and solutions put forth on just how a version of this game is supposed to please the vast majority and bring back people. Everyone has their own input and they assume that it will generally please most people, and some obvious changes will, I'm not saying that won't happen. There is not much of an excuse to not understand what the majority of players want in this game that cover the major issues. That said, decisions have to be made and the game has to go in some sort of direction. If they tried to please many in these forums, it would be a truly thankless task. 

Being an armchair general is always a great deal easier than participating and having to deal with challenges. Many critics have opted out of playing the game to become these armchair generals, for whatever their reasons, they have excluded themselves from the process. They no longer have the experience or the perspective to make accurate opinions and function mostly on the input from others, and theory. Does the current version of the game have it's issues and flaws, yes it does, is it playable and enjoyable, sure, if you have the attitude for it. Attitude counts a great deal in any situation and there is a connection between people who fail and cannot overcome challenges and negative attitudes. 

People need to stop the whining and doomsday attitudes and either leave if they don't ever intend on playing again, or challenge themselves to step up and try the game, or give it a second look. The game is a work in progress, and I think the momentum is starting to flow in a positive direction for feedback and needed changes. People need to let go of the past and move forward and be a little more open minded with their expectations. 

Attacking the people in the community, the moderators, or the developers is simply counter productive. If you truly care about this game and want it to be close to your expectations then you have to be constructive and assist with a positive outlook and meaningful feedback. It is obvious that attempts are being made to listen and by now they are well aware of your disappointment and personal pain. It is time to move forward, but to do that you have to re-invest in the process and learn to trust again, which is just faith. I could make a grand argument that negative attitudes actually have the greatest level of faith, but I'll save that for another day. 

I'm willing to give this game and that on going process of improvements a chance. If your not willing to do so, at least put away the negative attitude and take a "wait and see" approach without all the negative attacks. We are all real people, most of us care and want this game to be better and meet expectations. There should be many opportunities to find "common ground" between different opinions and attitudes, if people just try. Who here is willing to let go of their baggage and move forward? 

Prenzlau

I agree.  I told myself that I was done, game ruined,etc.  I realized that love it or hate it, I had invested so much time and money into it and the people for the most part were awesome.    WG could have done lots of things to leasen the blow for us, but what's done is done.  Slowly getting enjoyment from flying again however I still have my gripes with the company.

The_Wild_Weasel #4 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMartymart1976, on 31 July 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

I agree.  I told myself that I was done, game ruined,etc.  I realized that love it or hate it, I had invested so much time and money into it and the people for the most part were awesome.    WG could have done lots of things to leasen the blow for us, but what's done is done.  Slowly getting enjoyment from flying again however I still have my gripes with the company.

Yes, everyone is entitled to do as they please, who am I to judge, however 2.05 remains the reason I refuse to spend my time or my $$$$ on this money grabbing , slap in the face patch no one asked for....and why no one is complaining about the premium fiasco is beyond me ...but I assume its due to most players just leaving.

W_W

The_Wild_Weasel #5 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Prenzlau

What are you smoking ?

W_W

Prenzlau #6 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMartymart1976, on 31 July 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Thanks for having the courage to reply. You bring up a really great point with all the time and money you invested, it is hard to just walk away. People don't have to give up their feelings, their grievances, or their opinions to still be part of the process and still actively play the game. Across the board who would not want more people playing the game? Who would not want teams with many more humans per side than bots? Has anyone ever thought that the game may change, but it is the human element that makes it fun? I had fun playing this past weekend, but there was many battles in which it was 3 humans per side or less. More human players would have made every battle so much more fun and interesting. We as players are not in direct control over the game, that is a fact. What we can control is whether we play or not. The not playing resolution is not working. More people playing and demanding change is what will work and drive change. 

Prenzlau

Prenzlau #7 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:20 PM

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 31 July 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

Yes, everyone is entitled to do as they please, who am I to judge, however 2.05 remains the reason I refuse to spend my time or my $$$$ on this money grabbing , slap in the face patch no one asked for....and why no one is complaining about the premium fiasco is beyond me ...but I assume its due to most players just leaving.

W_W

I'm not smoking anything. You have the right to have your opinion, of course, and if you don't want to play or have philosophical disagreements than that again is your right. What I am saying is if there is any part of you that still wants to play or likes this game, non-participation and not playing is not helping. So people who have made up their minds, won't get inspired by my post. The people who are currently playing would like battles with far more human players and less bots. Who does not agree with that? So if people who are willing to give it one more try, please do. I just believe that a higher in game population will drive positive changes better than a low in game population. People are waiting for War Gaming to do "all the right things". What I am saying is that to affect change you have to become part of the process and get involved again, and let the weight of numbers drive the change. There are still a lot of great players and people still playing this game, people I don't consider crazy or misguided what so ever. We could use more great people in the game, that is all I am really saying.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 31 July 2018 - 09:21 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:10 PM

Captain

• 782 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

well, I guess until I get that trip to Hilton Head...

this will have to do

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Pogo68 #9 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I've embraced the change

I've gone from playing 4-6 hours at a time 3-4 days a week to 3-5 games at a time 3 days a week.

I've embraced the change.

I've started a new account on War Thunder

I've embraced the change

I've started brushing up my flying skills on DCS.

I've embraced the change

I've caught up on Arrow, Game of Thrones, Suits, Person of Interest

I've embraced the change

I've built a bookshelf from 8x12's

I've embraced the change

I'm working on pulling the transmission from my car so I can replace the ring gear.

I've embraced the change now that I'm not spending more than 6 hours a week playing World of Warplanes.

Edited by Pogo68, 31 July 2018 - 10:54 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

The_Wild_Weasel #10 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPogo68, on 31 July 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I've embraced the change

I've gone from playing 4-6 hours at a time 3-4 days a week to 3-5 games at a time 3 days a week.

I've embraced the change

I've embraced the change

I've embraced the change

I've embraced the change

I'm working on pulling the transmission from my car so I can replace the ring gear.

I've embraced the change now that I'm not spending more than 6 hours a week playing World of Warplanes.

^  This gets my "up vote", especially for the WT account , same here, and DSC, I have played for the past 3 yrs is still my go to game, MIG-21/Mirage 2000 driver here ! , why I enjoyed 2.0 WOWP so much was the ease to get into a game

and not be a time sink., but 2.05 absolutely was a kick in "you know what" to every players intelligence. 

this 2.05 patch is will bring WOWP to its knees , and that's about right now, I wouldn't dare bring a friend or new player to WOWP in it current state, even if you payed me.

W_W

Edited by The_Wild_Weasel, 31 July 2018 - 11:12 PM.

Prenzlau #11 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:03 AM

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPogo68, on 31 July 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

I've embraced the change

I've embraced the change

I've embraced the change

I've embraced the change

I've embraced the change

Good for you! . On the positive side of things, you still play, even of it is not as much as you used to which is more than many that haunt these forums. That is what this post is all about, people stepping up and admitting they play, they still play, they are going to start again, etc. So that is a big positive! We all have lives and we all play when we can. I think it is really great you still find the time to fit some battles in, and I hope going forward the changes to the game inspire you to play even more.

Prenzlau

Prenzlau #12 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:16 AM

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 31 July 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

^  This gets my "up vote", especially for the WT account , same here, and DSC, I have played for the past 3 yrs is still my go to game, MIG-21/Mirage 2000 driver here ! , why I enjoyed 2.0 WOWP so much was the ease to get into a game

and not be a time sink., but 2.05 absolutely was a kick in "you know what" to every players intelligence. 

this 2.05 patch is will bring WOWP to its knees , and that's about right now, I wouldn't dare bring a friend or new player to WOWP in it current state, even if you payed me.

W_W

Honestly, I have lost track of the number of posts that you have replied to basically saying the same thing. All very negative sentiments and a rotten attitude. You are not making the best of anything, your making the worst of it. Other people play this game in it's current form, and since your going to fly your planes anyway, I never understood what the big deal was to begin with. They are enduring it, while your not. The new game version actually gave me a reason to fly all my planes and become better with a lot of them, some of which under 2.0 I had little incentive to fly, but now that planes can be customized in different ways, it adds a dimension to the game. I realize that might be too much for some people, but I think it only creates greater diversity with your planes. We can break things down anyway you wish, but in the end it all comes down to attitude, and if you have convinced yourself that the game is no fun and a drag, then there you are. 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 02 August 2018 - 07:48 PM.

Perco_lator #13 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:29 AM

• 11 battles

"Moving forward and embracing the changes" & in this case also known as bending over & taking it. No thanks.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Reitousair #14 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:50 AM

• 7410 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

People will resist change, sure, and sometimes that change is indeed in the forwards direction. In fact 2.0.5 is a step forwards...right off a cliff.

Just because you're moving forward does not mean you're always on the correct path, and sometimes, it would be more wise to take a few steps back or before you make a step to scout out the area ahead of you, blind steps forward have a tendency to get one into trouble, especially in such dangerous mountainous territories like MMO's.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Prenzlau #15 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:08 AM

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPerco_lator, on 31 July 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

"Moving forward and embracing the changes" & in this case also known as bending over & taking it. No thanks.

And.... what do you know about the current game and it's issues either way since you don't play the game. You good at making cutting remarks, but not much else.

Prenzlau

Deltavee #16 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1306 battles

Prenzlau

Coping with change is not a problem.  Sometimes the rationale for the change is a problem and the rationale for 2.05 was greed, plain and simple.  I still play the game, but will never, ever again let WG WoWP regain my trust.  Legality of the EULA be damned, morally we are in the company of thieves no matter which way the game goes and I have absolutely no faith that WG won't fleece their player base again.  Will WoWP see another dollar from me?  That will be the day the devil skates to work.

Do I hope the game improves?  Yes, of course I do.  I'm still playing, aren't I?  Will I continue to do so?  It depends on how the game is "improved."  I agree that the game, like any other game, is a work in progress, but I have seen nothing that stirs any measure of hope in me so far.  I sincerely hope The Corporation gets their act together in terms of game design and implementation.  The potential is there.  It would be a shame if it is not realized.

I'll give you props for trying to make a difference but I think it's just a little too soon after the event for the rah-rah approach.  You can Mary Poppins until your eyeballs explode and there may be a few who will be led by such tactics, but the proof is in the pudding, as they say and from the posts I've seen so far, the majority of players who haven't departed for sunnier climes are being guarded in their optimism, and rightly so.  There has been nothing worthy of measure done by WoWP to date that would encourage any positivity in my view.  YMMV, of course.  
I'd be willing to let go of my baggage,  but somebody stole it, leaving a vacuum that needs to be filled.  Something will pour into it, since nature abhors a vacuum.  Whether it is gold or dross time will tell.  Hope springs eternal and all that....
Without enmity,
DTV

Deltavee

GAA drivers do it in the dirt.

Unit620 #17 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1637 battles
I guess you are running out of us noobs to bully.  I will be back when they fix this patch.  

SlappedbyRommel #18 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2020 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
You must be retired or something?

Prenzlau #19 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:29 AM

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostReitousair, on 31 July 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

People will resist change, sure, and sometimes that change is indeed in the forwards direction. In fact 2.0.5 is a step forwards...right off a cliff.

Just because you're moving forward does not mean you're always on the correct path, and sometimes, it would be more wise to take a few steps back or before you make a step to scout out the area ahead of you, blind steps forward have a tendency to get one into trouble, especially in such dangerous mountainous territories like MMO's.

And why exactly would that be? What are the steps back that need to apparently happen? What are these hazardous steps forward? Everything I read always seems to boil down to "I can't", or "I won't". A lot of excuses backed up by an attitude of enfeeblement. It is not that people can't play the game in it's current state, they can, anyone can. It's that their expectations are not aligned with the game. 

Also let me explain something about a path, lets call it a road to move forward. If I wanted to drive somewhere, let's say across the United States, would I need to have first hand knowledge of the place I want to go, to actually go there? No. I could drive to Florida or Washington and make it there even though I might never have been there before. I don't need to let fear or anxiety stop me from moving forward or travelling further down the road or path. I'm not sure I agree with the blind steps forward statement. Some people might not like the current structure in the game, but it was designed, and it is not a finished work, it is "in process". Your being somewhat overly dramatic, maybe you could indulge and be a little bit more specific?

Prenzlau

Prenzlau #20 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:40 AM

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDeltavee, on 31 July 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

Coping with change is not a problem.  Sometimes the rationale for the change is a problem and the rationale for 2.05 was greed, plain and simple.

And your evidence??? What proof do you have? Do you know anyone attached to the creation of 2.05 personally? Do you have factual evidence?

I still play the game, but will never, ever again let WG WoWP regain my trust.  Legality of the EULA be damned, morally we are in the company of thieves no matter which way the game goes and I have absolutely no faith that WG won't fleece their player base again.  Will WoWP see another dollar from me?  That will be the day the devil skates to work.

Wonderful. How about you fly to their headquarters and get out your protest sign and really show them! How high did you say your soap box was again?

Do I hope the game improves?  Yes, of course I do.  I'm still playing, aren't I?  Will I continue to do so?  It depends on how the game is "improved."  I agree that the game, like any other game, is a work in progress, but I have seen nothing that stirs any measure of hope in me so far.  I sincerely hope The Corporation gets their act together in terms of game design and implementation.  The potential is there.  It would be a shame if it is not realized.

This is all you really had to say. It makes the most sense and is not full of ridiculous over done drama. If this is really how you feel, then why not just say this and go from there instead of the other garbage.

I'll give you props for trying to make a difference but I think it's just a little too soon after the event for the rah-rah approach.  You can Mary Poppins until your eyeballs explode and there may be a few who will be led by such tactics, but the proof is in the pudding, as they say and from the posts I've seen so far, the majority of players who haven't departed for sunnier climes are being guarded in their optimism, and rightly so.  There has been nothing worthy of measure done by WoWP to date that would encourage any positivity in my view.  YMMV, of course.  

I want to play this game with other people, the more people the better. If you (or anyone else) are not trying to make things better then your just part of the problem and contributing to the mess as much as War Gaming is.

I'd be willing to let go of my baggage,  but somebody stole it, leaving a vacuum that needs to be filled.  Something will pour into it, since nature abhors a vacuum.  Whether it is gold or dross time will tell.  Hope springs eternal and all that....
Without enmity,
DTV

In different circumstances I might actual respect and like you, and this post is one of your best in my opinion. Your probably smart enough and talented enough to make a difference, if you wanted to.

Thanks for your reply.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 01 August 2018 - 01:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users