saga worm clan ratings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12668 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Meeting of the Management Committee

Brilliant Leader (BL), "OK the meeting will come to order please.  We have several things on the agenda.  All top priority."

Lowly Worm (LW) (Head of and only member of the Latrine  Queen Squad), "Your Immensness, may I add an additional agenda Item?"

BL (feeling unusually benevolent after lunch at Tex's Ptomaine Parlor), "I suppose but keep it brief!  I haven't had my usual after lunch nap yet."

LW, "Well Your Celestial Sun Ray Person, I would like to discuss the Clan Ratings."

BL, "Clan Ratings!? Who gives a flip about Clan Ratings?"

LW, "Well Eternal Excellency, the players do."

BL, "Who gives a flip about the...............I mean, just keep it brief."

LW, "It has come to my attention, after reading Ratings Tips, that Average Battles Per Day are important to the ratings."

BL, "Yes, so?"

LW, "If you look at the ratings Average Battles Per day does not appear to have much, if any, impact on the ratings."

BL. "Move along, what else?"

LW, "Another important criteria listed in the Rating Tips is how many Tier 10 aircraft a clan has that have seen combat."

BL, "So?"

LW, "Many Tier 10 aircraft in the clans are not counted."

BL, "Move on, you fool!  You are beginning to give me indigestion!"

LW, "That, oh Wise Savior, could be due to having that eighth Maximum Bean Burrito."

BL, "Er, about the latrine...........Oh never mind.  Are you done?"

LW, "Another important stat listed in the Ratings Tips is Personal Ratings."

BL, "OK, so what?"

LW, "The personal ratings have been frozen since Version 1.9. Over a year ago."

BL, "Well Head of Development (HD), is this true?"

HD, "Yes it is, Your Radiant Excellency.  We Have been working on it but I need some additional manpower to continue."

LW, "But you have over 700 people already!"

HD, "So what?  The one dude we had working the problem died a few months back and we can't get a replacement."

LW, "Speaking of dead people, many of the clans rated in the top 20 are literally dead.  Lying in the basements of the O' Club like cord wood.  Even though they haven't flown in forever, the clans keep them because they had good stats back in V 1.9."

BL, "Enough.  Hire 2 hundred, no 3 hundred more devs to lay around and............. I mean, work their tails off and assign 1 to this problem.  Pick the oldest and sickest one."

HD, "Yes, Guiding Shining Star.  It shall be done!"

BL, "Well, I guess that concludes....."

LW, "One more thing, Respected Wise Person!"

BL, "OK but that is it!  You got a lot of work to do in that latrine today.  I accidently............never mind, just follow your nose.  Get on with it!"

LW, "Yes Unique Person!  According to the Rating Tips, clan strength and progress are THE MOST IMPORTANT factors in clan ratings."

BL, "Yes, so what?  Sounds reasonable."

LW, "It does sound reasonable but what the hekk does it actually mean?"

BL, "Why it means whatever we want it to mean.  Explaining things to you is a waste of my nap time, you blockhead!"

LW, But Magnificent Savior, shouldn't we explain it to the players so they can understand and  try to improve their clan ratings?"

Bl, "(yawn), That's enough!  When the players understand things they become a giant pin in the neck, always wanting to know, why?  Whining about 'why don't it work?'  Go clean the latrine!  Better take extra cleaning supplies.  Meeting adjourned!"

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Master_Cylinder #2 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:33 AM

Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

You my dear son are top dog in this clan!!!!!

Perco_lator #3 Posted 29 July 2018 - 05:04 PM

• 11 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 29 July 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

LW, "The personal ratings have been frozen since Version 1.9. Over a year ago."

I guess there is a reason why he is still a Lowly Worm, he doesn't know that it's only been 9 mos.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 29 July 2018 - 05:29 PM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPerco_lator, on 29 July 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

I guess there is a reason why he is still a Lowly Worm, he doesn't know that it's only been 9 mos.

worm year

1 human year = 8 months worm years, so

8 / 12 = .666

your human to worm multiplier is .666 inverse

we'll use the 12 months

so, 12 / (1 / .666) = 9

9 months...

ok, I don't see the problem here

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

• 12668 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostPerco_lator, on 29 July 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

He stands corrected, although he points out that 10 months would be more accurate.  Anyway, in his own somewhat limited fashion (his expertise is in latrine cleaning after all), he is trying to point out the utter absurdity of the present clan rating system.

For instance, in the top 20, the #1 clan has an Average Battles Per Day (ABPD) of 0.05 and #2 has an ABPD of 0.17. The  #3 ranked clan has the 2nd highest ABPD of 1.98, very active. The clan with the highest AVPD, with 2.09, is ranked #17!  It makes no sense.

Basically, in the top 20, most of the clans are dead or almost so.  By that I mean they have only a very few regular players.  The majority of their clan are laying in coffins in the basement!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Perco_lator #6 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:17 AM

• 11 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 29 July 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

He stands corrected, although he points out that 10 months would be more accurate. 

Hello Pilots!

We will be releasing World of Warplanes version 2.0 Update on Thursday, October 12th!

Due to this the servers will be unavailable starting at: 01:00 PT (04:00 ET)  and will be back online at: 07:00 PT (10:00 ET)

More information can be found on our portal here:

http://worldofwarplanes.com/news/upd-2-0/

9 months & 17 days but I guess there is no point in trying to split hairs. :P

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Martymart1976 #7 Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3958 battles
  • [FK] FK
Its like reading Catch 22!

SlappedbyRommel #8 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1841 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Maybe just maybe a Phoenix is on the horizon of the dead clans:  walking dead = flying dead just maybe.

Also tagged with saga, worm, clan, ratings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users