• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #41 Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:09 AM

Captain

• 565 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 27 July 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

^ A few yrs,..... a few months at this rate,

this game has become a worn out car and parts added from Canadian Tire..... like an air freshener, some cheap wax and some fuzzy dice...... bottom line its a worn out Lada.

W_W

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 27 July 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Hey I used the Lada already stop copying me......use the Trabant instead ok.....sheesh

http://forum.worldof...951#entry742951

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:05 PM

El_Mulo, on 24 July 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

bro, I love you... but, you play too much... you're always on when I log in

7200 games at 10 mins , dude you could have bought a Benz by now

the devs should pay you to find all the bugs

maybe they'll send you an AvtoVAZ with premium luxury vinyl seats

a mule can dream

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

The_Wild_Weasel #42 Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1643 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 27 July 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

maybe they'll send you an AvtoVAZ with premium luxury vinyl seats

a mule can dream

^ I hope its real "Corinthian" leather...Ricardo Montalban would be proud.....

W_W

mnbv_fockewulfe #43 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostblindfoId, on 27 July 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

However if being consistent and logical somehow hurts your feelings and you prefer the topics to be open for offtopic and flood, it is not a problem. It will surely make the process of tracing and collecting feedback more complicated for me but... anything to please the Community.

This line...I didn't catch it the first time, but it's the same kind of snarky attitude the devs have with the community.

Maybe it is a cultural thing, like others have mentioned.

WG comes in and makes a change.

We the players say, "Please don't change that!"

WG responds, "What do you know." And proceeds anyway.

We've been on the NA forum longer, we know what's good for the productivity of the place. If I may provide a simple solution: just create a new section of "answered bug reports", so you can have your sorting needs met, and our threads can stay open. Make the "answered bugs" section impossible to create threads in, and we can both be happy.  

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 28 July 2018 - 09:50 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Cenotaph #44 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

It wouldn't be so bad if their reaction wasn't to just invent excuses, that often make absolutely no sense, and then attack the players... because how dare they question WG~

It only serves to show how disconnected and under prepared the Devs and their representatives really are.

It's really hard to flood anything when you only have around 20 active posters... and if following it is too hard, perhaps you have the wrong job.

Edited by Cenotaph, 28 July 2018 - 09:20 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you.

Captain_Underpants53 #45 Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10773 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 July 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

This line...I didn't catch it the first time, but it's the same kind of snarky attitude the devs have with the community.

Maybe it is a cultural thing, like others have mentioned.

WG comes in and makes a change.

We the players say, "Please don't change that!"

WG responds, "What do you know." And proceeds anyway.

We've been on the NA forum longer, we know what's good for the productivity of the place. If I made provide a simple solution: just create a new section of "answered bug reports", so you can have your sorting needs met, and our threads can stay open. Make the "answered bugs" section impossible to create threads in, and we can both be happy.  

Amen and good ideas!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SlappedbyRommel #46 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1381 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCenotaph, on 28 July 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

It wouldn't be so bad if their reaction wasn't to just invent excuses, that often make absolutely no sense, and then attack the players... because how dare they question WG~

It only serves to show how disconnected and under prepared the Devs and their representatives really are.

It's really hard to flood anything when you only have around 20 active posters... and if following it is too hard, perhaps you have the wrong job.

I second the motion - where is the disconnect? Cultural, business, age, customer service, programming skill set...? Is there any North American developers developing WG I don't know but it would be handy to have a few so maybe lost in translation doesn't occur.

CorvusCorvax #47 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1329 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 28 July 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

Errr, what?

Call me if you need me?  LMAzzO, bro.  Seriously, just LOL.

SkyWolf__WM #48 Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3000 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostblindfoId, on 27 July 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

I explained my position straight and clear. Emotionless and polite. I am not only CM, I am a gamer myself - I used different forums of different games of different regions, European and American mostly btw. Closing topics when issue is resolved is not eastern tradition. It is common and widely used for reasons I explained above. 

I can understand you being disappointed and even angry, but why do you judge me based on your previous negative experience? I am here only for a week trying to figure out and reach the needs of the Community - not really much time to change the world. 

As I said - you want topics open, let it be.

Agreed. 
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #49 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

Captain

• 565 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 30 July 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Call me if you need me?  LMAzzO, bro.  Seriously, just LOL.

damnit... did my post get jacked again

man... censoring the arts is a violation of humanity

:sceptic:

edit... doh, I went off your timestamp... I found it

yeah, I'd help and so would you and about 30 or more fairly intelligent NA Players

too bad some people can't see the good advice right in front of them

to WG "fat, drunk, stupidand historically blind in no way to go through life son"

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 30 July 2018 - 09:53 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CorvusCorvax #50 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1329 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 30 July 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

damnit... did my post get jacked again

man... censoring the arts is a violation of humanity

:sceptic:

edit... doh, I went off your timestamp... I found it

yeah, I'd help and so would you and about 30 or more fairly intelligent NA Players

too bad some people can't see the good advice right in front of them

to WG "fat, drunk, stupidand historically blind in no way to go through life son"

Indeed, we *would* help, and try to be fair in doing so.  But your smartazz Bravo Sierra posts do NOT help. 

Look, I want to help out by asking for a test server where they really solicit advice from veterans of both the 1.x and 2.x playstyles.  I'm not even asking to be included, because if the choice is made to take someone more objective, then I'm OK with that.  But your snark is not going to advance that idea.  In fact, it might harden opinion AGAINST.  So knock it off.  As merely a polite request.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #51 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:53 PM

Captain

• 565 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 30 July 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

Indeed, we *would* help, and try to be fair in doing so.  But your smartazz Bravo Sierra posts do NOT help. 

Look, I want to help out by asking for a test server where they really solicit advice from veterans of both the 1.x and 2.x playstyles.  I'm not even asking to be included, because if the choice is made to take someone more objective, then I'm OK with that.  But your snark is not going to advance that idea.  In fact, it might harden opinion AGAINST.  So knock it off.  As merely a polite request.

and you know what would work how?

and history or proof?

reread what you commented on and there was very low grade Bravo Sierra used, most was honest...

so for you to tell me to tone it down mister is to say at the very least, cute

ok with you?

mnbv_fockewulfe #52 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 30 July 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

I tried this when I asked for the Super Test to come to NA.

The response I got was "no, because: translation; and too much like work.":sceptic:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SonicPariah #53 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 416 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 30 July 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

I tried this when I asked for the Super Test to come to NA.

The response I got was "no, because: translation; and too much like work.":sceptic:

The NA Super Test is actually because we would need to hire a new person to run the NA Super Test.

This is not an unrealistic goal, but one that would be further out than most as we have much more critical roles to fill on our team before that time. Since they would be a native NA employee, we would not be able to just transfer someone out from a different studio.

Noreaga #54 Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSonicPariah, on 31 July 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

The NA Super Test is actually because we would need to hire a new person to run the NA Super Test.

This is not an unrealistic goal, but one that would be further out than most as we have much more critical roles to fill on our team before that time. Since they would be a native NA employee, we would not be able to just transfer someone out from a different studio.

i wish this had been the response through out all of the times this question was asked. Its logical and acceptable considering the numbers in NA. Would have been a few less vacations!

The excuse of translation was used by Priola (not sure if its still searchable), we have had NA superstesters in the past. knowing what i know of ST in different WG games, there is a lot coordinating that goes into a properly run ST. Run with this one !!! 

Nimis obnoxii curare

SonicPariah #55 Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 416 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostNoreaga, on 31 July 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

i wish this had been the response through out all of the times this question was asked. Its logical and acceptable considering the numbers in NA. Would have been a few less vacations!

The excuse of translation was used by Priola (not sure if its still searchable), we have had NA superstesters in the past. knowing what i know of ST in different WG games, there is a lot coordinating that goes into a properly run ST. Run with this one !!! 

"Translation" IS technically the correct answer. However, a bit more info would have helped to expand the idea behind that reason. We would need someone to translate the entire block of codes from the RU server, move it or re-create it on the NA server, then translate the results and accompanying data back to RU for feedback and overall outcome of the Super Test.

Hopefully that does clear some things up.

MelBrooks #56 Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 28 July 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

I’m beginning to like this guy. He’s got the right stuff.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users