• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Cenotaph #21 Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostblindfoId, on 27 July 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

However if being consistent and logical somehow hurts your feelings and you prefer the topics to be open for offtopic and flood, it is not a problem. It will surely make the process of tracing and collecting feedback more complicated for me but... anything to please the Community.

You seem to have a problem understanding what consistent means...

You see, to be consistent with how our forums have run for years... you DO THINGS OUR WAY... not "how you feel it should be done".

And you wonder why people think you are not listening?

con·sist·ent
kənˈsistənt/
adjective
adjective: consistent

1: Acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate.

2: Unchanging in nature, standard, or effect over time.

You are clearly the wrong person for this job... hire someone who doesn't get butthurt when their errors are exposed, and that can communicate in English better, you suck at it.

Edited by Cenotaph, 27 July 2018 - 07:00 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

f16falcona46 #22 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:00 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2673 battles
  • [F4F] F4F

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 27 July 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Being devil's advocate, a gamer, and website moderator, here's my 2 cents:

Leave it open:

Good in the short term, as gives update and other's perspective of the problem.

Bad in the long term as fixes must be tested to ensure the cure doesn't kill the patient (completely break the game). This taks time (finding/recreating the problem, developing and testing the fix) and invariably player's ADD and zero-patience takes over causing a snow-ball of negativity.

Close it:

Good as avoids the above.

Bad as it creates the appearance of sweeping the problem under the rug, ignoring player concerns, and feeds Ouroboros.

Yup. Dammed if you do. Dammed if you don't.

Well, you're more damned if you don't, because either way it takes just as long to fix a bug.

SonicPariah #23 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostCenotaph, on 27 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

You see, to be consistent with how our forums have run for years... you DO THINGS OUR WAY... not "how you feel it should be done".

con·sist·ent
kənˈsistənt/
adjective

1: Acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate.

You are clearly the wrong person for this job... hire someone who doesn't get butthurt when their errors are exposed, and that can communicate in English better, you suck at it.

Watch out about attacking members of the Community, whether they be employees or players. Please be mindful THAT is definitely against the rules.

mnbv_fockewulfe #24 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCenotaph, on 27 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

con·sist·ent
kənˈsistənt/
adjective

You are clearly the wrong person for this job... hire someone who doesn't get butthurt when their errors are exposed, and one that can communicate in English better, you suck at it.

Back for 2.0 and you feel like you been here for years. Funny, huh?:popcorn:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Cenotaph #25 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 27 July 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

Back for 2.0 and you feel like you been here for years. Funny, huh?:popcorn:

Not really, don't forget... I played WoT from Beta... I'm more than used to this company and the unflinching attitudes of its Devs... even when it is 100% obvious that they are in the wrong.

View PostSonicPariah, on 27 July 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

Watch out about attacking members of the Community, whether they be employees or players. Please be mindful THAT is definitely against the rules.

Is it an attack if it's true?

She clearly made an error with her use of "consistent", and she clearly has a hard time understanding the issues we bring up, as evidenced by her often off topic replies (Just like your support staff)

If you want the game to succeed, don't you think you ought to NOT be using people that are offensive by nature to communicate with the players?

You guys atleast need to give Marie Antoinette... oops, I mean Priolia blindfoid... a few courses in CSR training

Edited by Cenotaph, 27 July 2018 - 07:22 PM.

Cenotaph #26 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

As a player, I represent only myself... and to a lesser extent, my clan.

As employees of a company providing a service, every member that has active communication with the public, is a representative of the company.

When a couple of those representatives think that being snarky and glib is acceptable communication... the entire company gets to reap the backlash.

Between Priolia, blindfoid and Eek... y'all have pretty much poisoned the well.

But, this company LOVES to stand behind problem employees...

Just ask Murazor, who not only should have never been given his job... but also held that job for far too long, and managed to damage the game extensively.

Edited by Cenotaph, 27 July 2018 - 07:42 PM.

MacDaddyMatty #27 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postf16falcona46, on 27 July 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Well, you're more damned if you don't, because either way it takes just as long to fix a bug.

I left out that is it's open or closed, there will still be 400+ threads about it due to most players not bothering to see if there are already threads about it, and starting their own.

This is a point towards closing it, as leaving them all open creates more noise, and less signal.

Imagine coming onto a game site and the 1st two pages were all threads about the same glitch.

:sceptic:

Any company NOT pruning and combining would be doing a disservice to the player base.

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

Captain_Underpants53 #28 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14341 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Postf16falcona46, on 27 July 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Probably zero cap points and only defense/kills outside a sector/incomplete ground target kills...do you have a replay?

I pretty much exclusively fly bombers.  I capped the bases with bombs.  It is a bug and I don't have a replay.  Wish I knew what the previous daily bug reports were

I have other issues with the daily missions, too.. 

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 27 July 2018 - 07:42 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SonicPariah #29 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:53 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostCenotaph, on 27 July 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

If you want the game to succeed, don't you think you ought to NOT be using people that are offensive by nature to communicate with the players?

Yes, it is still an attack. 

Noted. We will have a meeting to discuss tone and such if that is a possibility for all parties.

View PostCenotaph, on 27 July 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

As a player, I represent only myself... and to a lesser extent, my clan.

As employees of a company providing a service, every member that has active communication with the public, is a representative of the company.

When a couple of those representatives think that being snarky and glib is acceptable communication... the entire company gets to reap the backlash.

Thank you for your thoughts on this subject.

We will see about further aligning with the Community as a whole in regards to communication style. No promises as each CM has their own style, but for one I will do my best to help keep an even-keeled and professional tone.

Cenotaph #30 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSonicPariah, on 27 July 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

We will see about further aligning with the Community as a whole in regards to communication style. No promises as each CM has their own style, but for one I will do my best to help keep an even-keeled and professional tone.

Dude, you are the only one that still has any of the players respect left. (Among those I've talked with about the matter)

Edited by Cenotaph, 27 July 2018 - 07:57 PM.

Prenzlau #31 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6677 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCenotaph, on 27 July 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Not really, don't forget... I played WoT from Beta... I'm more than used to this company and the unflinching attitudes of its Devs... even when it is 100% obvious that they are in the wrong.

She clearly made an error with her use of "consistent", and she clearly has a hard time understanding the issues we bring up, as evidenced by her often off topic replies (Just like your support staff)

You guys atleast need to give Marie Antoinette... oops, I mean Priolia blindfoid... a few courses in CSR training

This most definitely falls into the "passive-aggressive" category of behavior. Penned up frustrations (from the game and how it functions) that are magnified by real time challenges in coping with other personalities with some mixed in failed personal expectations. Some underlying feelings of anxiety and inferiority that have been exacerbated by conflicts with others, including myself. This all manifests into random overly emotional attacks on others while blaming the victims for their flaws or mistakes. That is my initial diagnosis. 

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

Cenotaph #32 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Thanks, Dr. Prenzlau~   :great:

_A_3_ #33 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Player versus company and both are losing.

Somebody needs some hearing aids.

SlappedbyRommel #34 Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2020 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 27 July 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

^ A few yrs,..... a few months at this rate,

this game has become a worn out car and parts added from Canadian Tire..... like an air freshener, some cheap wax and some fuzzy dice...... bottom line its a worn out Lada.

W_W

Hey I used the Lada already stop copying me......use the Trabant instead ok.....sheesh

The_Wild_Weasel #35 Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Lada ...or the Romanian Dacia....either way ....... that what this game has turned into ..... 

W_W

ArrowZ_ #36 Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:06 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
Barely even a week and our new CM is already getting ripped to shreds...:P

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

MelBrooks #37 Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPrenzlau, on 27 July 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

View PostCenotaph, on 27 July 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

This most definitely falls into the "passive-aggressive" category of behavior. Penned up frustrations (from the game and how it functions) that are magnified by real time challenges in coping with other personalities with some mixed in failed personal expectations. Some underlying feelings of anxiety and inferiority that have been exacerbated by conflicts with others, including myself. This all manifests into random overly emotional attacks on others while blaming the victims for their flaws or mistakes. That is my initial diagnosis. 

Prenzlau

Prenzlau

Prenzlau, sometimes you are on point with your commentary. Please tone it down, not all your discussion needs to go in this manner. You’re starting to sound like a half-assed Dr. Phil, not a good look at all.

Edited by MelBrooks, 28 July 2018 - 02:00 AM.

Bobby_Tables #38 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4372 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

As opposed to a full-azzed Dr. Phil which is just painful to watch...

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 28 July 2018 - 02:37 AM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #39 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

Captain

• 782 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Prenzlau

Prenz,

an obviously wrong diagnosis

just because you know words doesn't mean you should use them...

otherwise you reveal yourself to have very poor social observational skills

you just made Dufus Phil look good with that last string of blather...

just re read what you wrote and draw only on what you certainly know

you'll see how crazy what you wrote

:P

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #40 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:57 AM

Captain

• 782 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSonicPariah, on 27 July 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Yes, it is still an attack. 

Noted. We will have a meeting to discuss tone and such if that is a possibility for all parties.

I don't envy the crapwich you've been give bro,

most people in the forum do respect you...

Thank you for your thoughts on this subject.

I'm sure if you ask other employees to show respect and good intentions when posting in the NA forums you'll get your best results

and if after showing respect you are given disrespect... then actions should be taken

remember in NA Customer Service starts with the employee, if that is met with rudeness...

well, then, all bets are off

call me if you need me

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users