Forum Fanatics - in game battle proposal

forum wars prove it fun adventure mystery

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3606 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I suck at organizing.  But... what I think would be cool is an in-game forum war.  You know, training room where we pit the most abusive forum posters against one another.  Not one-on-one, but team on team.  I dunno how we would split them up.  I am thinking something along the lines of the jaded vets vs. the jaded newbs.  We cannot do the Prenz lovers vs. haters because 12 on 2 is a little lopsided.  

Anyone with good organizational skills up for the challenge?  If no, I will try to come up with something, but if I do, it will probably fall apart.  

[Edit] as an alternative, maybe we could all get on WG's discord and count-in at, say tier 5 on a certain weekend at a certain time.  That would add to the randomness and maybe some friendships would be forged from the general discontent that forum posts seem to bring.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 26 July 2018 - 10:21 PM.

Cenotaph #2 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 July 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

We cannot do the Prenz lovers vs. haters because 12 on 2 is a little lopsided. 

:teethhappy:

It's funny because he's so unlikable...

But yeah, it's going to take drastic actions by this company to rectify the current catastrophic state of the game before I'll be loading WoWP again.

I don't reward bad behaviour...

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Bobby_Tables #3 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3606 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCenotaph, on 26 July 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

:teethhappy:

It's funny because he's so unlikable...

But yeah, it's going to take drastic actions by this company to rectify the current catastrophic state of the game before I'll be loading WoWP again.

I don't reward bad behaviour...

Your comment has been noted and totally disregarded.  Please add constructive ideas rather than using this to vent.  I like to poke fun at people, there is no ill intent meant by my post.  I have found that the people you hate most in game eventually become friends in the end.  Talking [and fighting together] rather than posting is a great way to find common ground.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 26 July 2018 - 10:27 PM.

Cenotaph #4 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:36 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 July 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Your comment has been noted and totally disregarded.  Please add constructive ideas rather than using this to vent.  I like to poke fun at people, there is no ill intent meant by my post.  I have found that the people you hate most in game eventually become friends in the end.  Talking [and fighting together] rather than posting is a great way to find common ground.  

Cool~

Altho, one wonders why you'd even bother to mention specific individuals at all then... if you're so above it all.

Like I said... WoWP is going to need to fix things before you can expect any sort of organized activity... most of the people I know have stopped playing.

The_Wild_Weasel #5 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1775 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 July 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

I suck at organizing.  But... what I think would be cool is an in-game forum war.  You know, training room where we pit the most abusive forum posters against one another.  Not one-on-one, but team on team.  I dunno how we would split them up.  I am thinking something along the lines of the jaded vets vs. the jaded newbs.  We cannot do the Prenz lovers vs. haters because 12 on 2 is a little lopsided.  

Anyone with good organizational skills up for the challenge?  If no, I will try to come up with something, but if I do, it will probably fall apart.  

[Edit] as an alternative, maybe we could all get on WG's discord and count-in at, say tier 5 on a certain weekend at a certain time.  That would add to the randomness and maybe some friendships would be forged from the general discontent that forum posts seem to bring.  

^ 2 points for trying, and thank you...but with this 2.05 dumpster fire , Im not playing this game several of my friends moved on as well , and none are paying WG period.

WG gambled like the ridiculous "calibrating" thing.... and unless they publish some numbers Im certain we can safely assume, its nose diving fast, I would hope some one with some brains, grabs the yoke, and pulls this game out the 

dive...... but I doubt that with what's going on any here anyone is smart enough...just let it lawn dart. 

One idea, would be to bring some of the smart guys over from WOT or Ships...and let them actually fix this.

W_W

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2744 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I like the idea. Unfortunately its also kinda like the 2.0 Newbies vs. Vets game where I was the only newbie present: one side doesn't feel it's worth it.

I'm up for a group fight nonetheless.

Also +1 for effort. Maybe eek can get WG to do another livestream giveaway - the last one was hilarious

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 27 July 2018 - 12:49 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

El_Mulo #7 Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9197 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 July 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

We cannot do the Prenz lovers vs. haters because 12 on 2 is a little lopsided.  

He ll probably think that it s a one sided game and that we need other 12 to make it slightly fair.

Anyway I like the idea.  Will participate.  

May be humans vs Animals?

What we say to death?

Prenzlau #8 Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5650 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 July 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Oh Bobby Tables I do like a creative thinker. Have you ever noticed that the "out of the box" creative thinkers never really have the need to attack each other, because they are not slaves to their own ego. 

This is how your idea might play out, and it seems like I'm out numbered by a lot (in these forums) and that is my everyday reality. But carefully watch near the end when it seems like I am doomed...

You see I have a great clan at my back, and they have my back because they never quit, they never give up and they never run away from a fight. So I'm not worried because I'm arrogant, I'm not worried because I'm friends with some of the greatest pilots this game has ever seen. So you want to challenge me, be careful I don't show up with my own army!

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

Cenotaph #9 Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:14 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
You know nothing, Jon Snow wanna be~

SpiritFoxMY #10 Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2744 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostEl_Mulo, on 27 July 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

He ll probably think that it s a one sided game and that we need other 12 to make it slightly fair.

Anyway I like the idea.  Will participate.  

May be humans vs Animals?

Not many "animals" XD I don't look forward to being outnumbered either.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Perco_lator #11 Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:11 AM

• 11 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 26 July 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

I'm friends with some of the greatest pilots this game has ever seen. So you want to challenge me, be careful I don't show up with my own army!

Prenzlau

Oh you must mean in the last 9 months since 2.0 went live because the greatest pilots this game has ever seen are all gone. (Well maybe a couple like Arrow are still here but I think even he has one foot out the door)  I could make a top 100 list if you like & sadly nobody from your clan will make the list.

Edited by Perco_lator, 27 July 2018 - 03:12 AM.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Prenzlau #12 Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5650 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPerco_lator, on 26 July 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

Oh you must mean in the last 9 months since 2.0 went live because the greatest pilots this game has ever seen are all gone. (Well maybe a couple like Arrow are still here but I think even he has one foot out the door)  I could make a top 100 list if you like & sadly nobody from your clan will make the list.

A little bird whispered in my ear and it said that there are certain players who have established reputations, especially in the forums and therefore they have to uphold a certain level of good behavior. Then the little bird also told me that those same players could have alternate identities that don't require such standards and so they can say whatever they want and attack whoever they want. 

Would you like to confess who you really are, or would you like to wait to be exposed? Your choice...

Prenzlau

Prenzlau #13 Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5650 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCenotaph, on 26 July 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

You know nothing, Jon Snow wanna be~

There are more HVAR hanging out in these forums than in your discord... 

Prenzlau

f16falcona46 #14 Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:47 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2379 battles
  • [F4F] F4F

View PostPrenzlau, on 27 July 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

Prenzlau

Big words for someone who isn't in it.

Perco_lator #15 Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:49 AM

• 11 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 26 July 2018 - 11:40 PM, said:

A little bird whispered in my ear and it said that there are certain players who have established reputations, especially in the forums and therefore they have to uphold a certain level of good behavior. Then the little bird also told me that those same players could have alternate identities that don't require such standards and so they can say whatever they want and attack whoever they want. 

Would you like to confess who you really are, or would you like to wait to be exposed? Your choice...

Prenzlau

Expose away, it's not like you haven't been exposing yourself repeatedly all over this forum.

Oh by the way say hi to Nancy for me, we miss her.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Cenotaph #16 Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:16 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPrenzlau, on 26 July 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Prenzlau

Well, actually...Thanks to you, WoWP forums is unofficially in our "Other Games" category... sooo, yeah... give yourself pat on the back. (like you needed an excuse, or even a legitimate reason)  :great:

Bobby_Tables #17 Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3606 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE.

Does anyone have the organizational skillz to set something up?  If no, then get the fricky frick off my thread (oh, Snoticus, where are you when I need you?).  

Seriously, if your input is "I quit playing so I'm just going to be a d-bag here on the forum" then be a d-bag somewhere else please.  

Oh yeah, where is MARS?  He has been very quiet lately...  He was always good at setting stuff up.

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 27 July 2018 - 06:26 AM.

f16falcona46 #18 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2379 battles
  • [F4F] F4F

View PostBobby_Tables, on 27 July 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE.

Does anyone have the organizational skillz to set something up?  If no, then get the fricky frick off my thread (oh, Snoticus, where are you when I need you?).  

Seriously, if your input is "I quit playing so I'm just going to be a d-bag here on the forum" then be a d-bag somewhere else please.  

Oh yeah, where is MARS?  He has been very quiet lately...  He was always good at setting stuff up.

Many people, including me, literally can't play because the game's performance has reduced by 85% from the last patch...I'd suggest waiting a month or so. (There were also numerous bugs last time a TT event was attempted.)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #19 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postf16falcona46, on 27 July 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

Many people, including me, literally can't play because the game's performance has reduced by 85% from the last patch...I'd suggest waiting a month or so. (There were also numerous bugs last time a TT event was attempted.)

In the Forum Game™ I'm getting a consistent 60fps

with just the slightest rubberbanding when the post start coming in at over 6/hr

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #20 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:40 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 27 July 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE.

I thought someone being a d-bag and me pointing it out was the point of the forum...

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users