Engine cooling bugged?

bug consumable

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

vcharng #1 Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3042 battles

I returned in 2.0.5.12, and found that I'm getting nearly indefinite boost with engine cooling.

supposedly it should increase the recovery rate of my boost time for 10 seconds if I'm not boosting, or stop the boost clock from ticking if I'm boosting.

But what I'm experiencing is:

Activate cooling-> immediate full recovery of boost time.

After cooling expired and goes into CD-> boost time does not tick when activated

it only comes back to normal after, like, getting into the last 30 seconds of CD time.

Since my 410 has 30 seconds of boost time and my 265 has 45, this is effectively giving me unlimited boost.

I'm actually pretty worried about getting banned for unconsciously using this (who actually time their boost time themselves anyway?) as an advantage, you know...

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3008 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
They'd probably have to ban half the NA server then. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

vcharng #3 Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:21 AM

• 3042 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 26 July 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

They'd probably have to ban half the NA server then. 

Okay, thanks, that's a pretty healing and assuring reply LOL.

Anyway, they need to either "legalize" this or fix it.

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3008 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

A fix is in the works but last I heard they're still checking to make sure it doesn't break anything else.

Also its apparently mostly an NA issue since EU and RU haven't been exploiting it as hard as NA. So I've been told anyway. 

vcharng #5 Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:44 AM

• 3042 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 26 July 2018 - 01:40 AM, said:

A fix is in the works but last I heard they're still checking to make sure it doesn't break anything else.

Also its apparently mostly an NA issue since EU and RU haven't been exploiting it as hard as NA. So I've been told anyway. 

Oh, okay, it's good to hear.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why this became an NA-exclusive issue...

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3008 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Well it was said that EU prefers the Fuel consumable over the boost consumable. Probably a combination of poor morale, low population and different airplane preferences and playstyles.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

Captain

• 759 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postvcharng, on 25 July 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

I returned in 2.0.5.12, and found that I'm getting nearly indefinite boost with engine cooling.

supposedly it should increase the recovery rate of my boost time for 10 seconds if I'm not boosting, or stop the boost clock from ticking if I'm boosting.

But what I'm experiencing is:

Activate cooling-> immediate full recovery of boost time.

After cooling expired and goes into CD-> boost time does not tick when activated

it only comes back to normal after, like, getting into the last 30 seconds of CD time.

Since my 410 has 30 seconds of boost time and my 265 has 45, this is effectively giving me unlimited boost.

I'm actually pretty worried about getting banned for unconsciously using this (who actually time their boost time themselves anyway?) as an advantage, you know...

pssst... you wanna buy some dilithium crystals...

shhh

:hiding:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Cenotaph #8 Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2960 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 25 July 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

pssst... you wanna buy some dilithium crystals...

shhh

:hiding:

Are you stalking me?!

I may have a recently (bout the same time 2.0.5 happened) acquired Dilithium habit...

Edited by Cenotaph, 26 July 2018 - 04:54 AM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

SonicPariah #9 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Definitely a known issue and something that is being worked on.

Should not be around much longer. Just until the Update.

Cenotaph #10 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2960 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSonicPariah, on 26 July 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Definitely a known issue and something that is being worked on.

Should not be around much longer. Just until the Update.

It should not be around AT ALL...

It is a game breaking bug, and an unfair situation for people that don't abuse it...

A responsible company would have completely disabled the consumable until a fix could be made... that is NOT some grand feat of programming, so don't even try to pretend like it is...

Likely about as simple as making sure the Vulcan had the right sound file attached... a very small patch.

Edited by Cenotaph, 26 July 2018 - 07:31 PM.

SonicPariah #11 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostCenotaph, on 26 July 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

It should not be around AT ALL...

It is a game breaking bug, and an unfair situation for people that don't abuse it...

A responsible company would have completely disabled the consumable until a fix could be made... that is NOT some grand feat of programming, so don't even try to pretend like it is...

Likely about as simple as making sure the Vulcan had the right sound file attached... a very small patch.

Oh, I definitely agree that it is game breaking, as does our Dev Team and they are working to correct it.

This is not going idly by.

Cenotaph #12 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2960 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSonicPariah, on 26 July 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

Oh, I definitely agree that it is game breaking, as does our Dev Team and they are working to correct it.

This is not going idly by.

Half measures aren't going to cut it anymore... like I said, the responsible thing to do would have been disabling the item...

The Devs need to be taught how to prioritize... because historically,  what they, and players, think is important.... very rarely coincide.

Also historically... by the time they actually realize that they need to pay attention, it is FAR too late...

Sonic, you know that we have had conversations where I laid out what I expected this company was going to do, and how the player base was going to react... months ago.

I gave you very constructive, personally delivered feedback... and, I'm sad to say I was pretty much spot on... look where we are now.

I'm past being nice... until the company starts showing RESULTS... not more assurances and promises, that are NEVER fulfilled.

Edited by Cenotaph, 26 July 2018 - 10:13 PM.

SonicPariah #13 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostCenotaph, on 26 July 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

Half measures aren't going to cut it anymore... like I said, the responsible thing to do would have been disabling the item...

The Devs need to be taught how to prioritize... because historically,  what they, and players, think is important.... very rarely coincide.

Also historically... by the time they actually realize that they need to pay attention, it is FAR too late...

Sonic, you know that we have had conversations where I laid out what I expected this company was going to do, and how the player base was going to react... months ago.

I gave you very constructive, personally delivered feedback... and, I'm sad to say I was pretty much spot on... look where we are now.

I'm past being nice... until the company starts showing RESULTS... not more assurances and promises, that are NEVER fulfilled.

Your opinions and feedback are definitely always appreciated and taken seriously here.

There were some truths to that discussion and I will not deny that.

These items are being addressed, but removing them from game right now would cause more delays and most likely cause a break in the system due to the need to completely remove an in-born feature to the Consumable tree.

However, we will correct it as soon as possible without rushing and/or breaking the game.

f16falcona46 #14 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2667 battles
  • [F4F] F4F
That's what was said when Big Boost Bug was first introduced, though. In the worst case, rollback to 2.0.5 or 2.0.4! Sometimes things like this have to be done. It's been about a month since Big Boost Bug entered the arena.

Also tagged with bug, consumable

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users