losing enthusiasm

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #41 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1963 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostFIight, on 24 July 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

​No kidding but bombers & GAAs should be killed more frequently and expect constant loss instead of winning everything without

any aerial combat skill. The game will only return to normal state if there is a balance between ground pounders and other planes.

You might get surprised by GAA piloted by real humans - I have seen some who do indeed have plenty of aerial combat skill.

Ignore them at your peril.

MadJackChurchil #42 Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1308 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 August 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

You might get surprised by GAA piloted by real humans - I have seen some who do indeed have plenty of aerial combat skill.

Ignore them at your peril.

No! GAA are slow and cute and harmless! 4 30 mm canons, maneuverability of HF, rear turret and loads of HP do not turn them into plane-killers!

Ok, seriously, yes, GAA are quite potent plane killers if you know how to play them, German ones in particular. When you learn how to go around their low manuverability and train some special maneuvers (for instance after a head-on with enemy plane quickly switching to rear turret and finishing him as he flies behind you), you can kill a lot.

Azanthriel #43 Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1684 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 23 July 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Been down the WOW road and that is why I stopped playing orange, blue, purple..........grind, grind and more grinding

And once you reached that purple or legendary in WoW a new expansion and all that work down the drain.

Alpha Tester World of Tanks Generals & Beta Tester For Total War Arena

comtedumas #44 Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5846 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostFIight, on 23 July 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

​No kidding but bombers & GAAs should be killed more frequently and expect constant loss instead of winning everything without

any aerial combat skill. The game will only return to normal state if there is a balance between ground pounders and other planes.

yep, some of those bomber and attack pilots are very good.  

SmilinJack #45 Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 653 battles

Hey Cap...

I've been playing this game for a long time (beta tester) and I have to say that I agree with you.  I too used to play this game a lot.  Joined a clan and enjoyed the camaraderie and being part a a good group of guys.  Then 2.0 came around and everything fell apart.  It appears my entire clan has opted out and even though I still play some the glow has definitely faded.  I did eventually get used to the new game play, but it just wasn't the same.  I think that one of the primary reasons is the lack of interaction between the players.  I rarely even try to communicate with anyone these days and when someone messages me it is usually to trash talk.  It is also very difficult to win battles these days.  I realize that the game play and scoring has changed, but would someone please explain to me how I can kill 13 enemy planes, out score the other side by over 100 points and still lose the battle?  The game is an exercise in frustration now and I'm about to give it up.  I still enjoy the flying and the battles, but it is hard to generate very much enthusiasm when the chance of victory seems to only be about 10 per cent.  I have read a hell of a lot of criticism of the developers over the years, but I wish that they had the sense to make pre-2.0 play available as an option.  Maybe they could get back some of the multitude of players that have given up back if that was available. Who knows?  Well, now that I've gotten this off my chest I guess I will bail.  Will probably be back to play occasionally, but think maybe I will give WT another try (sigh).

SmilinJack signing off for now.

ArrowZ_ #46 Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:21 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

There seems to be a misunderstanding when it comes to winning battles in the new 2.0 meta. Pre 2.0 It used to be all about who can dominate the higher altitudes the best and kill the most planes. You try to do that with the 2.0 modes and it'll most likely end in losses. They've now focused winning in WOWP as more centered around capturing bases/zones for influence points and maintaining those as long as possible. Capturing more zones and keeping the zones throughout the match results in a better chance of winning, regardless of how many "personal points" you rack up just by killing or hitting GTs. And from the looks of things this becomes the secondary objectives to the new modes and capturing zones becomes the primary. Which is contradictory to what you need to progress through the tiers with exp and silver. Oh and material gains now with 2.0.5. The win-only requirement does not help...

I personally don't have a problem in adapting to the changes of the 2.0 modes. But the whole playing 90% with bots thing gets old and boring after a while. If it was all players in these modes then it probably would have been a better experience when playing conquest or attrition or invasion etc.

I too am curious what WT is up to these days. Still waiting on them to provide more support with JS controls. The whole bias towards mouse/keyboard thing puts me off of that MMO.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Bobby_Tables #47 Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4372 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostArrowZ_, on 30 August 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

I too am curious what WT is up to these days. Still waiting on them to provide more support with JS controls. The whole bias towards mouse/keyboard thing puts me off of that MMO.

I so miss the days of playing this game with a joystick.  It was much more immersive.  I have been playing mouse+keyboard for a few months and don't like it as much.  I just refuse to buy yet another Logitech Extreme 3D joystick as the last 2 are gathering dust in the basement waiting for me to recycle them (and I will bet they get thrown into the trash bin by the electronic recycling elves given the lack of materials). If the game had more humans I would spend the $ for another joystick but such as it is, I play with a lame mouse and more lame keyboard.   Unfortunately, while I loved the Logitech Extreme 3D joystick, the limited life of many of the buttons and my unwillingness to spend any real $$ on this game as it is has made me use the less immersive option.   

/rant

PS:  Yes, I have seen the video on how to repair the joystick.  If I had that much knowledge or time I would do it, but I have neither...

mnbv_fockewulfe #48 Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostArrowZ_, on 31 August 2018 - 04:21 AM, said:

There seems to be a misunderstanding when it comes to winning battles in the new 2.0 meta. Pre 2.0 It used to be all about who can dominate the higher altitudes the best and kill the most planes. You try to do that with the 2.0 modes and it'll most likely end in losses. They've now focused winning in WOWP as more centered around capturing bases/zones for influence points and maintaining those as long as possible. Capturing more zones and keeping the zones throughout the match results in a better chance of winning, regardless of how many "personal points" you rack up just by killing or hitting GTs. And from the looks of things this becomes the secondary objectives to the new modes and capturing zones becomes the primary. Which is contradictory to what you need to progress through the tiers with exp and silver. Oh and material gains now with 2.0.5. The win-only requirement does not help...

I personally don't have a problem in adapting to the changes of the 2.0 modes. But the whole playing 90% with bots thing gets old and boring after a while. If it was all players in these modes then it probably would have been a better experience when playing conquest or attrition or invasion etc.

I heard the other game is experimenting with super sonic flight.:hiding:

But JS controls are still trash. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #49 Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:26 PM

Captain

• 782 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 30 August 2018 - 11:40 PM, said:

I so miss the days of playing this game with a joystick.  It was much more immersive.  I have been playing mouse+keyboard for a few months and don't like it as much.  I just refuse to buy yet another Logitech Extreme 3D joystick as the last 2 are gathering dust in the basement waiting for me to recycle them (and I will bet they get thrown into the trash bin by the electronic recycling elves given the lack of materials). If the game had more humans I would spend the $ for another joystick but such as it is, I play with a lame mouse and more lame keyboard.   Unfortunately, while I loved the Logitech Extreme 3D joystick, the limited life of many of the buttons and my unwillingness to spend any real $$ on this game as it is has made me use the less immersive option.   

/rant

PS:  Yes, I have seen the video on how to repair the joystick.  If I had that much knowledge or time I would do it, but I have neither...

fine... just go bake some muffins then

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Bobby_Tables #50 Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4372 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 02 September 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

fine... just go bake some muffins then

All out of blueberries.  :(  Apple pie season is right around the corner however.  :great:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #51 Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• 782 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 02 September 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

All out of blueberries.  :(  Apple pie season is right around the corner however.  :great:

my friend grows cushaws (squash)

and I make pumpkin pie out of them ...

it's very popular with the people

makes them smile

:)

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Also tagged with losing, enthusiasm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users