Jump to content


How One Company reacts to a Bad Patch

How hard can it be?

  • Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

SlappedbyRommel #1 Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1838 battles
  • 363
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

This something WG can learn from or not. I don't play WOW but its nice to see a company take ownership of a problem since their player base is very upset and something is actually been done to correct it.

 

https://wccftech.com...roth-patch-8-0/

 



TheMadPizzler #2 Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2311 battles
  • 90
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Its funny... 'cause it's been over a month, the Community Leaders collected feedback, the forums have been filled with discontent.....   and WoWP ignores it's problems... almost like reaching out to angry customers after a bad patch is actually a bad business idea.

 

Did I mention how funny it was?



Dr_Wigglespank #3 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:11 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 717 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    01-06-2014

You really think they'd learn from that? I've been playing WG games for several years now. Started with WoT, then Warships and now Warplanes. I've seen many updates that have pissed off the playerbase. I have yet to see WG roll back or substantially change something players aren't happy with. The feedback taken, the new Discord channel... It's all just to make players feel they have a say in things. Yeah, there may very well be some small changes made here and there, but overall, this patch is here to stay.

 

This is the game we're stuck with. Love it, or leave it.



SlappedbyRommel #4 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1838 battles
  • 363
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

View PostDr_Wigglespank, on 23 July 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

You really think they'd learn from that? I've been playing WG games for several years now. Started with WoT, then Warships and now Warplanes. I've seen many updates that have pissed off the playerbase. I have yet to see WG roll back or substantially change something players aren't happy with. The feedback taken, the new Discord channel... It's all just to make players feel they have a say in things. Yeah, there may very well be some small changes made here and there, but overall, this patch is here to stay.

 

This is the game we're stuck with. Love it, or leave it.

 

Of course WG won't learn from it but if we say nothing, do nothing roll over and play dead then how will they ever know the players displeasure? Only thing else to do is stop playing - this truly could be a good, fun game without as much greed.

poppavein #5 Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2204 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDr_Wigglespank, on 23 July 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

You really think they'd learn from that? I've been playing WG games for several years now. Started with WoT, then Warships and now Warplanes. I've seen many updates that have pissed off the playerbase. I have yet to see WG roll back or substantially change something players aren't happy with. The feedback taken, the new Discord channel... It's all just to make players feel they have a say in things. Yeah, there may very well be some small changes made here and there, but overall, this patch is here to stay.

 

 

One time in Tanks, they rolled out changes to the emblems that provided additional abilities.  They backed it out after the community rebelled because they would have had to add emblems to hundreds of tanks in order to be competitive.

 

That was strictly pay to win, since you couldn't get those emblems any other way than paying gold.

 

Nerfing the planes and expecting you to grind them to restore their abilities is a way to drive off your player base.  I actually just restored my WoW account, which I haven't played in 7 years.  I'm tired of being ignored in both Tanks and Planes.


Edited by poppavein, 24 July 2018 - 10:55 AM.


The_Wild_Weasel #6 Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1775 battles
  • 433
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpoppavein, on 24 July 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

 

Nerfing the planes and expecting you to grind them to restore their abilities is a way to drive off your player base.  I actually just restored my WoW account, which I haven't played in 7 years.  I'm tired of being ignored in both Tanks and Planes.

^ Amen brother, I hope the WG staff pay attention to this.... but I doubt it ..... they are running players off like mad..... and dont care a bit., but hey check the Premium shop out ! 

 

W_W

 

 



Izgoy0899 #7 Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 362 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    06-25-2016

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 24 July 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

^

Yeah I left for the competitors game and liking it..... refreshing in fact.... and they are getting my $$$$$ 

lols at WG. (how bout those premiums that are being sold that are better than the ones we purchased in 2.0, way to hose the player base) and even more ironic, WG so far has failed to even address this topic.

 

W_W

 

But they have addressed this topic, their silence, just like Sonic's silence to my message to him spoke their position.  A big middle finger and next to it was wrote "Thanks for your money" now pay more or (edit) off. 

 

As for WT as soon as the marathon is over in WoT I'll get back to that.  I have to figure out the mechanics still, since I worked a ridge line in an M4 Sherman expecting to bounce.  Nope, right through my front plate.  


Edited by medoyehd, 24 July 2018 - 04:02 PM.


SlappedbyRommel #8 Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1838 battles
  • 363
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

View Postmedoyehd, on 24 July 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

 

But they have addressed this topic, their silence, just like Sonic's silence to my message to him spoke their position.  A big middle finger and next to it was wrote "Thanks for your money" now pay more or (edit) off. 

 

As for WT as soon as the marathon is over in WoT I'll get back to that.  I have to figure out the mechanics still, since I worked a ridge line in an M4 Sherman expecting to bounce.  Nope, right through my front plate.  

 

Amen twice over the silence is telling no answers yup maybe WT is the way to go but wait I will get banned or warned for mentioning WT.......waiting for it. No wonder WG brought in the guy from Minisk - Sonic gone no longer allowed to answer just switching the CM doesn't make the issues go away WG. Hey about the premiums we all bought - WG's answer you can regrind these planes we want your money.....lol nope is not going to happen. Money spent last few months a big fat ZERO to WG.

poppavein #9 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2204 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmedoyehd, on 24 July 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

 

As for WT as soon as the marathon is over in WoT I'll get back to that.  I have to figure out the mechanics still, since I worked a ridge line in an M4 Sherman expecting to bounce.  Nope, right through my front plate.  

 

Don't count on the Sherman's armor.  It's my most played tank, my son and buddy only want to platoon in the Sherman, so I have over 5000 battles in it. 



Lambo805 #10 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1586 battles
  • 201
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

So, a few things:

1) SonicPariah is the NA community manager. He has hundreds of messages to respond to across multiple platforms and, get this, he is a human being who has a life with its own problems. Maybe his silence is just his inability to respond or he cannot respond to whatever you asked him. I don't know what you sent him privately. 

 

2) It's awesome that Blizzard with its billions of dollars and hundreds of members on one of many of its dev teams can quickly address and modify the game. I don't know the exact number, but World of Warplanes has maybe hundreds of total staff. Until recently they were the pet project that was kept on life support seemingly out of posterity, but they're trying to build up their team. Blindfold is representative of this. They're working on building up staff to fix the ills of the game, but it takes time and money. Two things none of us are willing to give Wargaming at the moment...understandably so.

3) War Thunder...I highly doubt you'll get banned for mentioning them but I will tell you this: I am a community contributor for exactly two games-War Thunder and World of Warplanes and I will not touch WT ever again. The problems they have make World of Warplanes look like World of Warcraft. That's all I will note on that front publicly. 

 

4) I get that you're aggravated. We all are. Some, more deservedly so than others due to the amount of time you've invested in the game; but you need to look at the whole picture. Ringing the bell and screaming "FIRE" doesn't do us much good if we don't give useful responses, feedback, and such. If you don't have any of those to give, then there's certainly no reason to be a primadona and announce how done with the game you are over and over again. If you've (not a specific person, just a general open 'you' to anyone who follows this) left and don't care anymore, why bother making posts about it on the forums? All that effectively does is sour any new players towards the game and further hurts it. You're shooting the horse you just finished beating that died 5 years ago. 


Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

SonicPariah #11 Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • 879
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View Postmedoyehd, on 24 July 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

 

But they have addressed this topic, their silence, just like Sonic's silence to my message to him spoke their position.  A big middle finger and next to it was wrote "Thanks for your money" now pay more or (edit) off. 

 

Let me see: No Forum Message, no Discord Message, no Reddit Message, no Email. Not sure who you messaged there, friend.

 

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 24 July 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

 

Amen twice over the silence is telling no answers yup maybe WT is the way to go but wait I will get banned or warned for mentioning WT.......waiting for it. No wonder WG brought in the guy from Minisk - Sonic gone no longer allowed to answer just switching the CM doesn't make the issues go away WG. Hey about the premiums we all bought - WG's answer you can regrind these planes we want your money.....lol nope is not going to happen. Money spent last few months a big fat ZERO to WG.

 

Who said I was gone? Fake news, friend. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Izgoy0899 #12 Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 362 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    06-25-2016

View PostSonicPariah, on 25 July 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

 

Let me see: No Forum Message, no Discord Message, no Reddit Message, no Email. Not sure who you messaged there, friend.

 

 

Want to change your story, or phrased it differently as it is marked read by you on 21 June. 

 


Edited by medoyehd, 24 July 2018 - 07:54 PM.


Izgoy0899 #13 Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 362 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    06-25-2016

View Postpoppavein, on 25 July 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

 

Don't count on the Sherman's armor.  It's my most played tank, my son and buddy only want to platoon in the Sherman, so I have over 5000 battles in it. 

 

Yea, I have to break my World of Tanks habits and adjust to the new mechanics in WT. 

Cenotaph #14 Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:33 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • 948
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLambo805, on 24 July 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

2) It's awesome that Blizzard with its billions of dollars and hundreds of members on one of many of its dev teams can quickly address and modify the game.  WG makes plenty of cash... try again.
 
I don't know the exact number, but World of Warplanes has maybe hundreds of total staff. Until recently they were the pet project that was kept on life support seemingly out of posterity, but they're trying to build up their team. Blindfold is representative of this.   Too little, and FAR too late.
 
They're working on building up staff to fix the ills of the game, but it takes time and money. Two things none of us are willing to give Wargaming at the moment...understandably so.
 
4) I get that you're aggravated. We all are. Some, more deservedly so than others due to the amount of time you've invested in the game; but you need to look at the whole picture. Ringing the bell and screaming "FIRE" doesn't do us much good if we don't give useful responses, feedback, and such. If you don't have any of those to give, then there's certainly no reason to be a primadona and announce how done with the game you are over and over again. If you've (not a specific person, just a general open 'you' to anyone who follows this) left and don't care anymore, why bother making posts about it on the forums? All that effectively does is sour any new players towards the game and further hurts it. You're shooting the horse you just finished beating that died 5 years ago. 

 

Did you even think about this before you posted it?

 

"You are mad, you have a right to be, this company is not deserving of our time and money" 

 

You just said it... it's right there, plain for all to see... then you end with this little gem.

 

"But, don't say anything negative that might give other people a warning about how bad this company is... because they need to screw more people out of their money!"

 

We are yelling "Fire!" because the game is self immolating before our very eyes... it's not our fault nobody listened till it was beyond dealing with.

 

This company has a VERY long history of ignoring feedback until people get infuriated... then they try to act like they give a damn and tell us to be "constructive".

 

You seem quite unsure of your own position on this matter... so, which is it?


Edited by Cenotaph, 24 July 2018 - 07:47 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

SlappedbyRommel #15 Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1838 battles
  • 363
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

View PostSonicPariah, on 24 July 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

 

Let me see: No Forum Message, no Discord Message, no Reddit Message, no Email. Not sure who you messaged there, friend.

 

 

Who said I was gone? Fake news, friend. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well maybe you are still here just not as frequent since WG brought in the big boy from Minsk we can only assume since WG has great communication.

SlappedbyRommel #16 Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1838 battles
  • 363
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

View PostLambo805, on 24 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

So, a few things:

1) SonicPariah is the NA community manager. He has hundreds of messages to respond to across multiple platforms and, get this, he is a human being who has a life with its own problems. Maybe his silence is just his inability to respond or he cannot respond to whatever you asked him. I don't know what you sent him privately. 

 

2) It's awesome that Blizzard with its billions of dollars and hundreds of members on one of many of its dev teams can quickly address and modify the game. I don't know the exact number, but World of Warplanes has maybe hundreds of total staff. Until recently they were the pet project that was kept on life support seemingly out of posterity, but they're trying to build up their team. Blindfold is representative of this. They're working on building up staff to fix the ills of the game, but it takes time and money. Two things none of us are willing to give Wargaming at the moment...understandably so.

3) War Thunder...I highly doubt you'll get banned for mentioning them but I will tell you this: I am a community contributor for exactly two games-War Thunder and World of Warplanes and I will not touch WT ever again. The problems they have make World of Warplanes look like World of Warcraft. That's all I will note on that front publicly. 

 

4) I get that you're aggravated. We all are. Some, more deservedly so than others due to the amount of time you've invested in the game; but you need to look at the whole picture. Ringing the bell and screaming "FIRE" doesn't do us much good if we don't give useful responses, feedback, and such. If you don't have any of those to give, then there's certainly no reason to be a primadona and announce how done with the game you are over and over again. If you've (not a specific person, just a general open 'you' to anyone who follows this) left and don't care anymore, why bother making posts about it on the forums? All that effectively does is sour any new players towards the game and further hurts it. You're shooting the horse you just finished beating that died 5 years ago. 

 

I am ok with your above stated points except 2 & 4 - Point 2: if the kingpin can own 2 multi million dollar homes he can afford staff. Point 4: if we are all silent than WG will continue to produce a yttihs product pressure needs to keep going by all and don't spend a cent.

Edited by SlappedbyRommel, 24 July 2018 - 08:18 PM.


Cenotaph #17 Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • 948
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 24 July 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

 

I am ok with your above stated points except 2 & 4 - Point 2: if the kingpin can own 2 multi million dollar homes he can afford staff. Point 4: if we are all silent than WG will continue to produce a yttihs product pressure needs to keep going by all and don't spend a cent.

 

This guy gets it...  :great:
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Prenzlau #18 Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5654 battles
  • 479
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostLambo805, on 24 July 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

 

4) I get that you're aggravated. We all are. Some, more deservedly so than others due to the amount of time you've invested in the game; but you need to look at the whole picture. Ringing the bell and screaming "FIRE" doesn't do us much good if we don't give useful responses, feedback, and such. If you don't have any of those to give, then there's certainly no reason to be a primadona and announce how done with the game you are over and over again. If you've (not a specific person, just a general open 'you' to anyone who follows this) left and don't care anymore, why bother making posts about it on the forums? All that effectively does is sour any new players towards the game and further hurts it. You're shooting the horse you just finished beating that died 5 years ago. 

 

Well said brother Lambo! I've been studying the psychology of the people you just mentioned (above). So let me break it down. There are three groups. The first group has cut ties with the game and never looked back. You don't hear from these people because they are gone. The second group is the group that is currently playing the game in it's current state. You can break this group down into two sub-sets, those who are coping with the changes and those who are not. The third group are the ones who are not playing the game, but for whatever reason cannot break away from the game or the forums for that matter. Again, you can break this group down into two sub-sets, those who are still somewhat optimistic and are waiting to get back in and play and those who are pessimistic and have a dismal outlook on ever playing again. I could go into much further detail, but I think you all get the picture. For now, but I might delve into the psychology at a later point.

 

Prenzlau


The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

 

 

 


poppavein #19 Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2204 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Changes are inevitable in life.  A game has to change if it wants to survive for long.

 

But changes just for the sake of change is wrong.  Changes with no customer feedback is wrong.  When you don't have a test server to gauge customer feedback (or even to test patches!),  then it shows you don't care about how we feel about the game and you don't want to put out a good product.  

 

If we didn't care, then we wouldn't say anything and would just go away to another game.  WG should be glad to get feedback, even if it is negative.  Because once you stop getting feedback, you might as well shut down the game.



The_Wild_Weasel #20 Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1775 battles
  • 433
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpoppavein, on 24 July 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

 

  When you don't have a test server to gauge customer feedback (or even to test patches!),  then it shows you don't care about how we feel about the game and you don't want to put out a good product.  

 

^ Exactly , WOT does it ...that game is pretty successful...... the issue is the gameplay experience since 2.05 drove me away ...and my money too, and dont get me wrong ..As I explained many times, I have spent a boat load 

of $$$ on all 3 WG titles, im just disgusted at how they drop this money grubbing , slap in the face , gamble patch to all the players that were actually invested in this game, and offer pretty much ZERO feedback to the player base.

Just look at the premium plane fiasco...every player that bought one prior 2.05 should be up in arms at how this was `Trumped`out to the player base, yet all we get is **crickets**

 

W_W

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users