Hello pilots, CM is on board. Do you copy?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #21 Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:17 AM

Captain

• 786 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostArrowZ_, on 23 July 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Hmm... Interesting :popcorn:

Welcome to the barren lands of a forgotten region that nobody really cares about. Until now it seems! 

P.S. Not that it would matter now or even then at the time. But this is the sort of thing that should have been done during pre 1.x beta days. It might have helped during the 1.0-1.4 phase of the game in terms of communication.

:ohmy:

crazy talk... I say

good concise communications along with well tested and wisely thought out plans are way overrated

just go with the gut feeling of 3 or 4 artist and their ideas...

what could go wrong

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Perco_lator #22 Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:34 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 23 July 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

Welcome to the barren lands of a forgotten region that nobody really cares about. Until now it seems! 

P.S. Not that it would matter now or even then at the time. But this is the sort of thing that should have been done during pre 1.x beta days. It might have helped during the 1.0-1.4 phase of the game in terms of communication.

I think that it is just another step towards the Minsk office taking over all of WOWP management to further cut costs. It's just a theory but I am feeling a little static electricity building around my tinfoil hat.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #23 Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
Welcome aboard "Blindfold", I hope that Sonic and you can help the community... good luck. 07

Cenotaph #24 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

This is exactly the kind of tone-deaf reply that make people lose faith in a developer...

Being asked a serious question about why you, as a company, make events that only seem to reward people with no adult responsibilities isn't something you should turn around and attack the players about.

Edited by Cenotaph, 24 July 2018 - 06:14 AM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

ArrowZ_ #25 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 24 July 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

This is exactly the kind of tone-deaf reply that make people lose faith in a developer...

Being asked a serious question about why you, as a company, make events that only seem to reward people with no adult responsibilities isn't something you should turn around and attack the players about.

Not necessarily an attack. More of a show of arrogance. But again I think this falls back on their culture over there of how they treat their game and the playerbase/customer base. Seems pretty expected to me. Or maybe it's just her. Isn't the first time I've seen stuff like this though. But like I said before I hold nothing against her. There's gotta some other "big wig" that's pulling the strings and as far as I know not anyone of us here knows who they trully are except for that kisly guy.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 24 July 2018 - 06:29 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Cenotaph #26 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostArrowZ_, on 23 July 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Not necessarily an attack. More of a show of arrogance.

Can we agree that, at the very least... it is insulting to the people who pay her, and the rest of WG employees, salaries.

Edited by Cenotaph, 24 July 2018 - 06:30 AM.

ArrowZ_ #27 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:32 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 24 July 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Can we agree that, at the very least... it is insulting to the people who pay her, and the rest of WG employees, salaries.

Yea no argument there. Seems a habit with these people over the years. Could be culture based. Maybe work related. Who knows. But one thing's for sure no other developer out there treats their players like that. The more popular AAA titles anyway.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Cenotaph #28 Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Oh, forgot to mention, that's the same employee whom,  when given feedback by many players that the new system was absurdly grindy, and way too much investment for getting gear "how you wanted"... Gave the lovely reply "Well, on our internal server with unlimited stuff it was really fun!"

Edited by Cenotaph, 24 July 2018 - 07:08 AM.

blindfoId #29 Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View Posttahee59, on 23 July 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Dang the last one did not last long.

The last one is still here with you, if you mean Sonic (:

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 23 July 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

Another CM, or a replacement for SonicPariah?

Well, good luck.  We'd love to hear about how WG is going about addressing the concerns of the customer base, but I personally understand that if they don't tell you anything, you can't tell us anything.  Or if they tell you, but threaten to fire you if you mention it, you won't be able to tell us.

Really, most of the issues with the anger coming from your player base is lack of customer service.  Especially for those folks who spent real money.  

Yeah,  another. I'm Global CM, which means I communicate with all regions (:

Thank you! 

Yes, we are aware of this problem and striving to improve the situation. I'll do my best to deal with these issues.

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 23 July 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Well, welcome ...I guess...few players have been "saltier" than me with the recent patch 2.05....

Im disappointed with the direction of this game (2.05) to the point I refuse to drop another dime, and play the competitors game now, and Its actually quite fun,and devs are in Contact quite reg with the player base.

Its too bad for WG , my $$$ are going else where.

Good luck, I really hope WG will come to their senses like Blizzard did and accept they laid a rotten egg with 2.05. (oh and can anyone explain the premium plane fiasco? ...why are the ones being sold better than the one in my hanger.

Disgruntled player 

W_W 

I believe, the more feedback we gather, the more changes can be applied. Yeah, I understand that it is easy to just say "don't worry" or "don't be disappointed", so I won't do it. I'd say that changes are to come and I will surely do what is possible to make you, our community, heard.

Thank you for wishing me good luck!

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 23 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

we here in the NA Forum Gameshave a real appetite for fun...

Oh no... Do I have a right to vote? (: Glad to see you too.

View PostBattlementca, on 23 July 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

здравствуйте blindfold. I hope that you can improve the communication between the developers and the players. Also please play on the North American servers once in awhile to connect with your target audience. Thanks!

Thank you! That is what I'm going to do! 

Regarding playing on the NA servers - I've got some problems with ping and packet losses (which is logical), so I won't be performing good at all. But I'll try sometimes to visit you guys in-game (:

View PostClosedCoffin, on 23 July 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

Ah but when the rain stops the beauty emerges..

Welcome and hope to see you in battle.

Wa-ah, I agree, it is really beautiful! 

Thank you so much, it'll be pleasure to meet you!

View PostPrenzlau, on 23 July 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Greetings Blindfold. Welcome to our community. When you say "taking care of our issues", can you tell us what issues you can assist us with? For example if a number of players post their input on a game related subject, do you have the ability to communicate directly with development and return those players an answer?

Thanks,

Prenzlau

Hi, Prenzlau. Thank you very much for greetings! Well, yes, I believe so. My priority is to collect your - players - opinion on different questions (from bug-reports to overall mood) and deliver it to the developer team and vice versa. I hope to establish communication we lack. 

View Postdesert786, on 24 July 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

I have a question regarding the way the events work: why does the event run until midday Monday. Are the developers aware that people have jobs or school or do they expect people to put their live on hold to play a video game? Ending the event at server reset seem very sensible. Why give people who have free time during the workweek an advantage?

a member of my clan previously asked a similar question to this and the response while not official, was never the less from a WG official, that was given was: "personal time management is players' responsibility, not game developer, isn't it? Since WG made the event, should it not be aware of the standard work/school scheduled of its player base?

Thank you for your time.

Hi! The answer is pretty simple: different time zones within a single server. Even server reset time is different for different parts of America, so for someone that time my also seem unfair. Any scheduled time may seem unfair for different people depending on their life-style and working hours, you know. However you do have a point, I will discuss it anyway, thank you (:

View PostArrowZ_, on 24 July 2018 - 04:38 AM, said:

What can I say... The time has come!  Thank you for welcoming.

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 24 July 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

Welcome aboard "Blindfold", I hope that Sonic and you can help the community... good luck. 07

Thank  you, I'll do my best (:

View PostCenotaph, on 24 July 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

View PostArrowZ_, on 24 July 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Not necessarily an attack. More of a show of arrogance. But again I think this falls back on their culture over there of how they treat their game and the playerbase/customer base. Seems pretty expected to me. Or maybe it's just her. Isn't the first time I've seen stuff like this though. But like I said before I hold nothing against her. There's gotta some other "big wig" that's pulling the strings and as far as I know not anyone of us here knows who they trully are except for that kisly guy.

... and the comments after that.

To make things clear:

1. Answering the questions of community is not in Priolia's duty or responsibility. She answers solely out of a desire to help players and keep in touch.

2. Discord channel is not an official platform for communicating with players. Only additional and supporting. So communication is carried out there in a more, so to say, free-form, not really official one.

3. Feedback is overviewed and collected from forum mostly, so it is better to draw up you feedback (questions and wishes including) in special topics.

Hope I answered you question if there was any actually. (:

ArrowZ_ #30 Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:52 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

One of the many first good steps in the right direction is to revive this section of the forums and utilizing that area for useful feedback. There's like 100s of things in there that constantly gets buried with no feedback from any CMs or any WG staff. This section is a literal ghost town. I would start there. Or better yet just scrap the whole thing and start fresh. Seems like something WG seems to do best these days. Call it a new "2.0 Feedback Section" or something. Then we can all dump our "new" ideas in there.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 24 July 2018 - 10:57 AM.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Cyberdog52 #31 Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• 819 battles

View Postdesert786, on 23 July 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

I have a question regarding the way the events work: why does the event run until midday Monday. Are the developers aware that people have jobs or school or do they expect people to put their live on hold to play a video game? Ending the event at server reset seem very sensible. Why give people who have free time during the workweek an advantage?

a member of my clan previously asked a similar question to this and the response while not official, was never the less from a WG official, that was given was: "personal time management is players' responsibility, not game developer, isn't it? Since WG made the event, should it not be aware of the standard work/school scheduled of its player base?

Thank you for your time.

I agree with desert789 100%.  Also, the dismissive response is typical.  WG either does not respond to complaints or flips you off like it's our fault.  It is no longer a matter of updates or the game, it's a question of how much human dignity do we have for ourselves?  At what point does self-respect kick in and say "enough is enough"?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #32 Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• 786 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCyberdog52, on 24 July 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

I agree with desert789 100%.  Also, the dismissive response is typical.  WG either does not respond to complaints or flips you off like it's our fault.  It is no longer a matter of updates or the game, it's a question of how much human dignity do we have for ourselves?  At what point does self-respect kick in and say "enough is enough"?

pain or pleasure...

it's a fine line

or maybe it's our penance

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

blindfoId #33 Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 24 July 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

One of the many first good steps in the right direction is to revive this section of the forums and utilizing that area for useful feedback. There's like 100s of things in there that constantly gets buried with no feedback from any CMs or any WG staff. This section is a literal ghost town. I would start there. Or better yet just scrap the whole thing and start fresh. Seems like something WG seems to do best these days. Call it a new "2.0 Feedback Section" or something. Then we can all dump our "new" ideas in there.

Thank you for recommendation, it is really useful. Please, if you have any ideas or topics you think I need to pay special attention to first - feel free to send me links, I would greatly appreciate it.

View PostCyberdog52, on 24 July 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Not sure if your comment is on my response to desert789 or? :unsure:

Cyberdog52 #34 Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 819 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 24 July 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

Not sure if your comment is on my response to desert789 or? :unsure:

My comment was in response to desert789 and the "unofficial" WG response that he referred to.  I have seen that type of response in WoT and WoWS and it is a negative response.  It shows a lack of respect in communications that should be more tactful if not more dignified between end-user and developer/publisher.  

I appreciate your response to desert789 but sometimes WG responses are unimaginative and demonstrate an unwillingness to respond to real client issues.  You are a messenger and none of the end-users should hold you responsible for things out of your control.  I appreciate yours and Sonic's timely responses and efforts.

blindfoId #35 Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:35 PM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostCyberdog52, on 24 July 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

My comment was in response to desert789 and the "unofficial" WG response that he referred to.  I have seen that type of response in WoT and WoWS and it is a negative response.  It shows a lack of respect in communications that should be more tactful if not more dignified between end-user and developer/publisher.  

I appreciate your response to desert789 but sometimes WG responses are unimaginative and demonstrate an unwillingness to respond to real client issues.  You are a messenger and none of the end-users should hold you responsible for things out of your control.  I appreciate yours and Sonic's timely responses and efforts.

I'm sorry to hear that :( Hope things will change for the better and, well, I hope not to disappoint you at least :honoring:

SlappedbyRommel #36 Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2020 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Hi  Blindfold from your reply's above.....

and the comments after that.

To make things clear:

1. Answering the questions of community is not in Priolia's duty or responsibility. She answers solely out of a desire to help players and keep in touch.

It is a big task for her to take this on when others don't I give her credit for trying but the overwhelming response from the player base is a staggering task to answer so the question is where is WG support? Why no response to players requests the silence is deafening no wonder players are ticked off when no answers are received.

2. Discord channel is not an official platform for communicating with players. Only additional and supporting. So communication is carried out there in a more, so to say, free-form, not really official one.

Discord appeared only after it seems a truck load of gasoline was lit on fire from the last patch that many don't like for various reasons. The Forums are a permanent record to review by all whereas the Discord channel is not unless you capture it live 24/7 for any information - why not use this Forum? WG afraid give out poor or non-truth information? Good communication is what Forums are for - seems like WG is tone deaf.

3. Feedback is overviewed and collected from forum mostly, so it is better to draw up you feedback (questions and wishes including) in special topics.

How many attempts have been really made by WG to use the feedback collected on the Forums but hold on Discord is now live? For months it looks like WG has not and only charted their own course to bleed funds out of what left of the player base. Current example premium planes bought already plus other items brought up - no response by WG on that topic typical non-feedback.

Truthfully I don't see any changes in WG's behavior and unfortunately you are the middle man with little or no power to change the direction upper executives decide to go. However I give you credit for trying. 

SonicPariah #37 Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 24 July 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Hi  Blindfold from your reply's above.....

and the comments after that.

To make things clear:

It is a big task for her to take this on when others don't I give her credit for trying but the overwhelming response from the player base is a staggering task to answer so the question is where is WG support? Why no response to players requests the silence is deafening no wonder players are ticked off when no answers are received.

Discord appeared only after it seems a truck load of gasoline was lit on fire from the last patch that many don't like for various reasons. The Forums are a permanent record to review by all whereas the Discord channel is not unless you capture it live 24/7 for any information - why not use this Forum? WG afraid give out poor or non-truth information? Good communication is what Forums are for - seems like WG is tone deaf.

How many attempts have been really made by WG to use the feedback collected on the Forums but hold on Discord is now live? For months it looks like WG has not and only charted their own course to bleed funds out of what left of the player base. Current example premium planes bought already plus other items brought up - no response by WG on that topic typical non-feedback.

Truthfully I don't see any changes in WG's behavior and unfortunately you are the middle man with little or no power to change the direction upper executives decide to go. However I give you credit for trying. 

1. No response was provided from the Devs to the CMs but hopefully that will change.

2. Discord is a supplement. All archives are active and you can search through all chat records by keywords or dates or users. Anything important is on the Forums and duplicated in both locations.

3. All feedback is definitely collected and provided back to the Devs on a weekly basis with data tracking by dates.

mnbv_fockewulfe #38 Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

Captain

• 259 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSonicPariah, on 24 July 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

1. No response was provided from the Devs to the CMs but hopefully that will change.

2. Discord is a supplement. All archives are active and you can search through all chat records by keywords or dates or users. Anything important is on the Forums and duplicated in both locations.

3. All feedback is definitely collected and provided back to the Devs on a weekly basis with data tracking by dates.

3. Unless we get feedback on our feedback, it seems like we are spitting into the wind on here. It's great that our feedback is reaching the devs on a weekly basis, but whenever we mention something that goes contrary to what they have planned it seems the response is "oh, the forums are just a vocal minority, people are still playing the game so they must be wrong". The weight of our feedback seems to be minimal. Every time I ask if changes are coming to specialist I'm met with crickets. Until we start seeing things we actual asked for in the patch notes or anywhere else for that matter, I will continue to have the game not on my computer. :(

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

egikov #39 Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2424 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

On Russian forum there is a special thread where players can post questions to the developers and they answer. 

Our forum should also have similar thing.

CorvusCorvax #40 Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

It would be very nice if the devs would talk to us regarding the suggestions made.  Like "hey, that's a good idea, and we'll look into implementing that", or "hey, that's an interesting idea, and we'll keep that in mind for the future" or "hey, that idea is completely dead, and we're not going to do anything about that, ever. but thanks for your input", etc.

That way, when folks ask for certain kinds of fixes over and over and over and over again, you can point them to the reply and say "hey we're working on it and expect it in [timeframe]" or "hye, we're looking into that for a future patch, no promises" or "hey, NFW we are ever going to do that, please stop asking", etc.

That way, people know what to expect, and can plan accordingly.  In addition, folks who want info about certain fixes or updates can be directed to the proper place to have their questions answered.  Being specific about the fixes wouldn't hurt.  "Yes, we see that the new AAA model is overpowered, and we want to do something to make it less so."  Instead of "we're looking at that."  

Finally, we'd love it of the development team would actually play the game without cheat codes, so they can experience what it is like for their paying customers.  Cheat codes are great, but they don't allow players to experience the full range of emotions that can happen when you're trying to grind a line or a plane.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users